Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 9:58 PM Last edited by RickySsavage : 29th Dec 2018 at 10:18 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Neighborhood Not Appearing In Main Menu
I recently installed TS2 Ultimate Collection on a new PC and was looking to transfer my old Neighborhood to my new system, and so I did. Upon launching my game, however, the neighborhood does not appear in the menu. I looked on SimPE, and the neighborhood shows up there, along with all of its sims. Any help resolving this issue is appreciated.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 10:02 PM
So it's a custom hood and you pasted the folder into the neighbourhood folder? Did you also delete the neighbourhood manager file?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
So it's a custom hood and you pasted the folder into the neighbourhood folder? Did you also delete the neighbourhood manager file?

I did not delete the neighborhood manager file, but yes, that is what I did.
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 11:40 AM
Did your previous installation include Store Edition?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Did your previous installation include Store Edition?

Yes, I'm moving from Double Deluxe with all other EPs/SPs to Ultimate Collection.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 10:16 AM
You need to remove the store edition flag from the neighbourhood to make it compatible with M&G.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...659#post5307659
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...783#post5410783
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You need to remove the store edition flag from the neighbourhood to make it compatible with M&G.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...659#post5307659
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...783#post5410783

Thanks, I tried it and other than a few name changes, my neighborhood is working perfectly.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 12:40 AM
Thanks to @Chris Hatch too!
Scholar
#9 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 1:53 PM
That's severe, if it really has no ID then it's not really a neighbourhood. Only the Tutorial Neighbourhood can have no ID, that is how the op-codes recognise it and disable options for it.
The dummy neighbourhood option is your best bet but instead of replacing the 'non-existent' ID just import the extracted file to add it, then follow the rest of the Tutorial about changing names etc.
Scholar
#10 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 2:55 PM
If it zips up to a reasonable size I'll take a look, while I've never seen a corrupt neighbourhood that can't be fixed 'unreadable' files are the worst kind of corruption so it may not be able to be fixed properly.
What EP/SPs do you have? if I open your neighbourhood with any other EP/SP configuration and send it back to you then your game may not be able to open it.
Scholar
#11 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pfeirr9
The zipped folder is 92 mb.

Yes, that's no problem if you can upload it somewhere.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

I don't have the same problem, but am curious about the "neighborhood manager file" - what IS that, and what would deleting it do?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I don't have the same problem, but am curious about the "neighborhood manager file" - what IS that, and what would deleting it do?

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...437#post5283437
Alchemist
#14 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 8:05 PM

Generate a new one.
Scholar
#15 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 11:34 AM
That doesn't have corrupt parts but missing parts, so much so there is nothing left to recover. There's no Neighbourhood Terrain or Neighbourhood Geometry (So there is no Neighbourhood Map to recover). There's no TATT so no Neighbourhood Decorations, the only lots are the secret hobby and witch Lots, there is no other Lots to recover. The only sims are Maxis default that have been added by the various EPs and they have lost their DNA, family ties and memories. No Catalogue Description so even the name of the 'hood is gone and most of the Family Information files are gone and the corresponding family name texts are blank. The Pets Suburb has already been added in twice.
You may as well delete it and start again, there is nothing left in it to lose. I'd love to know a neighbourhood gets into such a bad state.

When you delete it the game copies the one over from Base Game which contains several unused text lists, it's better to open it with SimPE and delete everything in it so the game will only generate useful stuff in it.

It contains; a version information file, these are written by the game probably as a versioning stamp for beta testing and development, the information in them is taken from the game's executable.
Type 0xCC8A6A69 is the EP version, possibly used at start-up to detect a different EP running.
Type 0x8CC0A14B is unknown, the only readable thing in it is 'SceneDBAnimSystem_PredictiveMap' it is not created on loading the neighbourhood but on entering an occupied lot so I guess it's related to sim's animations.
Type 0x0ABA73AF is a Game Wide Inventory which can be read and written to from every neighbourhood, originally and I believe still only used for Game Tip tokens so no matter what neighbourhood a game tip runs in every neighbourhood 'knows' it has been run.
Nothing else in it is used or regenerated if deleted.