Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 9:42 PM Last edited by ANiallGirl4Life : 25th Feb 2015 at 2:04 AM.
Default (Wo)Men Rule The World

Please note that this challenge is not meant to be at all sexist or demeaning in any way. I was somewhat inspired by Mulan and came up with this. Also, due to the fact that Windows 8 is cruddy, I am basing this challenge slightly off of Life Stories since I can no longer play TS2. Feel feel to make any adaptions to TS2 and its expansions (oh how I miss them) in any way you see fit

EDIT: I FOUND A WAY TO GET TS2 TO WORK WITH WINDOWS 8 -cries-

This is my second challenge, but the other was made a lifetime ago so feel free to give me some constructive criticism!

BACKSTORY:
For centuries (wo)men have been the dominating sex in the world. They have more priveliges, are allotted more money and allowed bigger homes, and have been the controlling gender in many households. But the other side has had enough. They believe that it is Their time to step up–but will they succeed?

GENERAL RULES
-this challenge is meant to last for 20 generations (so it's a little shorter than an alphabet legacy), but feel free to make it as long or as short as you like. However, I'd try to keep it so that the number of generations is even–you'll see why.

-You can decide which gender "rules the world" for the first half of the challenge, but make sure to gradually switch sides after the halfway point (which, if you play 20 generations, would be Generation 10. That's why you need an even number)

-You may decide if you want to have one founding family and have them spread out across the neighborhood or if you want to have multiple families, you can. Personally, I'd have one "ruling" family whose Founder/Heir would act as "Mayor" of the town and then a bunch of smaller less-ranked families, but, like I said, the choice is up to you.

-Whatever gender you decide will be dominate first will get more priveliges than the other gender, obviously. More of these "priveliges" will be elaborated later on.

-The goal of the challenge is to successfully do a 180 and have the gender roles completely switch around. There is no point system because honestly, I never am able to keep track of points when I do challenges, much less make up a point system of my own. However, you may come up with your own point system if you would like. Also, keep an eye out for the Bonus that will be mentioned later!

SPECIFICS
These are the specific rules for the generations and what to do with them.
GENERATION ONE
At the start of the Challenge, one gender has All and the other has Nothing. If a sim is a Teen, whose gender is the one that receives Nothing then that means they can't go to school or get a job. Children can or else they'd be taken by a Social Worker (unless you have a mod for that), but Teens must stay home. Also, Adults of the gender that recieves Nothing may not get a job and, if you have Uni installed, Young Adult sims of said gender may not go to college. Sims of the gender that ARE allowed priveliges may move out once they reach Yoing Adult or Adult age EXCEPT for the one that (if you want to make a sort of legacy) is chosen to be Heir(ess). The Heir(ess) may go to College, but must return home immediately (also, if you do make a legacy out of this challenge, the Heir(ess) may only be chosen from the Privelgied gender, obviously). People of the gender that is discriminated against may not marry or have children, though the privelgied gender may have as many children as they please. The only way a discriminated gender may move out and have a family is if you are able to find a partner for them with a Chemistry of 3 bolts. If that happens, then their partner may ask them to move in and they can start their lives together. Otherwise, they're stuck.

GENERATION THREE (the rules for Gen 1 apply to Gen 2 as well. It skips a generation unless noted otherwise)
The Discriminated gender is starting to rebel. Teens and Young Adults still may not receive an education, but Adults are beginning to disguise themselves as the Priveliged gender in order to receive a job. For girls, this means cutting their hair and wearing baggies clothing. For guys (depending on what the Gender that recieves Nothing is), this means growing out their hair and attempting to wear makeup/feminine looking clothing (obviously, if a job has a uniform that you can't control, that doesn't count). Teens are still hesitant, but even some of them are applying for jobs as the Priveliged gender. There are even a very select few are disguising themselves during the day to go to school! The discriminated gender still cannot move out of the house on their own, however, the amount of Chemistry they have with their partner no longer matters.

GENERATION FIVE
It has been discovered that the Discriminated gender has been sneaking around and applying for jobs. However, instead of penalizing the gender like everyone thinks will happen, the government lightens up the rules and now, both genders may receive jobs! It's still not that much–the Unpriveliged gender may only apply for jobs in Education, Culinary, Entertainment and Business and may only get as many as 3 promotions, but it's a start. Teens may now go to high school, but they still cannot attend Private School or College. Also, anyone may move out of their house now, but the Unprieliged gender may only purchase a house with the money that they moved out with–which is, for most people, around $20,000. No money hacks for them!

GENERATION SEVEN
People are just about near equal now. Teens may go to any school they please, including private and university, and they may get part-time jobs if they so desire. The Unpriveliged gender may receive promotions up to Job Level 7 and May get any job they like EXCEPT for jobs in Law Enforcement, Medical, Politics, Military and Science. When they move out, the discriminated gender is allowed to purchase a house with double the money they had before–that's $40,000! They're almost to the top now.

GENERATION NINE
Everyone is equal now, except for one thing. The not-so-discriminated against gender may get any job they please, and reach the top of their desired career if they pleased, but they are still not allowed a job in Politics. Which means that the city of Simopolis (or whatever you'd like to name your city) is still under the control of the same government that started the discrimination so many generations before. And the Unpriveliged are worried about a relapse and a state of discrimination once more. And so, they start a plan...a plan to overthrow the government.

GENERATION 10
They've done it! The Unpriveliged have Overthrown the government and now THEY'RE the ones taking charge of the city. Uh oh. This could lead to a major change for the gender that was so used to being the "favorites" of society...

GENERATIONS 11-20
These generations have the same rules as numbers 1-9, except for the opposite gender and in reverse. For example, the rules of #9 (except for the plan to overthrow the government) apply to #11, the rules of #7 to #13, and so on and so forth.

BONUS GENERATION
If you want, you can do a Bonus generation. Once the bundles of joy in Generation 21 are born, war breaks out and EVERYONE must join either the Military or Medical career, except for the Mayor of the city who MUST have a career in Politics. Once the last baby in Generation 21 is an adult (these sims may NOT attend University–everyone is too focused on the war to send their kiddies off to college anyway), the war is over, equality Is restored for EVERYONE, and you have completed the challenge!

HOW YOU WIN
You win when the sims in Generation 20 all become Adults OR you win when the sims in Generation TWENTY ONE become adults!

I wasn't sure whether to put this under Adaptations or Lift Restrictions so I apologize if I put it under the wrong category! Let me know what you guys think and I'd love to see pictures if any of you actually try this out!

Call me Britt, an amateur ToTer