Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 10:38 AM
Default What are some good townies to pair up with mainly in Pleasantview but other towns are welcome as well?
I seem to recall a thread like this not too long ago but I couldn't find it. One of my favorite things to do on Sims is play matchmaker so what are some townies that you pair up with? I'm trying to find Benjamin Long and Meadow Thayer someone to fall in love with but I installed a mod that stops the game from generating any more townies and clean town templates so the selection of townies is very short.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 3:16 PM
Well, different townies are good matches with different people, and a lot also depends on each different player's taste and playstyle. Are you in the "Goopy is ugly" or the "Goopy is handsome" camp? How important is boltage to you? That kind of thing.

The Tricou bastards are fun to make playable because they have backstory and family ties; but Skater Tricou and Goth Tricou have broken face templates and the girls look too similar to each other, so your agreement with that first clause will be tempered by how important genetics are relative to character factors.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 6:54 PM
I've found that several of the Downtownies are good for pairing up with. Christie Raha has had some cute children with Jason Larson. Ivy Butler and Kevin Beare worked well too. On the other hand while Donte Raha and Florence Delarosa managed one beautiful kid they also produced one who, well... she really was not so beautiful. Brittany Upsnott is currently pregnant with Chase GilsCarbo's twins... but I'm not sure how that pairing will work.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GneissGuy
I've found that several of the Downtownies are good for pairing up with. Christie Raha has had some cute children with Jason Larson. Ivy Butler and Kevin Beare worked well too. On the other hand while Donte Raha and Florence Delarosa managed one beautiful kid they also produced one who, well... she really was not so beautiful. Brittany Upsnott is currently pregnant with Chase GilsCarbo's twins... but I'm not sure how that pairing will work.

Thanks for the reply. Do you have some matchmaking tips that you would like to share because i'm currently trying to find partners for Meadow Thayer and Benjamin Long and others but I can't find a good match for them but I'll try your suggestions as well.
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 10:42 PM
I personally like putting Benjamin Long with Tara Kat myself. The chemistry is there, plus the fact that both their hair colours are the same level of dominance, so you get a good mix when it comes to the children! Haven't tried pairing Meadow up with anyone.

In my BACC hood, Tosha Go married Randy London and had twins, George and Jesse. Marisa Bendett first had children with Goopy, then married Makoto St. Julien and had more children with him. Marisa's daughter Naomi (from the first pairing) married Orlando Bertino. However, her children came from Ricky Cormier!
Goopy was prolific in that hood - he also had children with Sandy Bruty (daughter Miranda was a stunner), Brandi LeTourneau, Jan Tellerman, Marylena Hamilton and Melissa Fancey!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Alchemist
#6 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 11:14 PM
I like Benjamin with Nina.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 11:50 PM
If you like playing University, that's probably the best place to match up Meadow. Get a bunch of playables and townies together, throw a bunch of parties, let them hang out, and they'll pair themselves up. Make anybody you don't want to play afterwards back into a townie.

Honestly, that's my best matchmaking tip. Create a lot of social opportunities and let them do it themselves. Parties, outings, community lot trips, invite a household over just to hang out, move four sets of playables into apartments with lots to do in the common area, send a bunch of teens to University together. They'll sort it out for themselves, and give you delightful matches you would never have come up with for yourselves.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#8 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 5:56 AM
I had Meadow Thayer marry Dustin Broke; they produced a string of beautiful blond kids and seemed very happy together.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 6:27 AM
Same here regarding Meadow and Dustin. In my game, they're actually three bolters. Their daughter is cute (very much has her dad's face), but I won't know more until she's older. I recommend the one ponytail wearing AL social townie. In my game, her name is Camryn Lee. She's married to Cleo Shikibu, though, so I have no idea what her biological children look like. That one male blond haired downtownie with green glasses is another favorite of mine. He's got the boring face 1 template, but when mixed with other, more...unique faces, he usually produces very becoming kids. I've had Benjamin Long make some very strapping sons with Kaylynn Langerak in previous games, too.

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 5:43 PM
I married Meadow Thayer to Beau Broke in my first hood and 9 out of their 10 children were very attractive. Sage wasn't hideous, but he was less attractive.

I take into account appearance more than aspiration or attraction, both of which can be more easily altered than their DNA. I try to pick pairings with features that work well together for the sake of offspring, instead of Susie Bignose marrying Johnny Biglips and having children who share both. Or narrow-faced sims marrying round-faced sims and their kids having these horrible cheekbones that stick out and are completely unmaskable using every CAS slider imaginable.

Downtownies and the apartment residents are usually attractive. I once paired Abhijeet Roennigke and Lakshmi Byall and they had 3 pretty daughters. Swan Teens (the Tricou teen with the weird hair) married Lilith Pleasant and Dirk Dreamer's son and their kids were all a beautiful mix of their features. Usually I marry the townies to my BIG sims though, so I don't have many combinations of pre-mades that I can speak to.

Oh- Angela Pleasant and Kevin Beare is a big no.
Scholar
#11 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 6:20 PM
orlanda centowski and meadow thayer are a good townie match.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#12 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 6:47 PM
It is funny how I know about every Sim you mentioned, even though I never play them. Now I am considering hiring Goopy at my petshop, or inviting Meadow over for a brunch.
You guys are very interesting to read.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 4:10 AM
Thank you for the suggestions guys. I haven't tried any of the suggestions yet because i'm too busy raising two families. One of them is custom made while the other is the offspring of Andreas Hogan and somebody else that I forgot the name because I changed his name to something ridiculous then I gave him plastic surgery but he's one of the Pleasantview townies with dark skin and a mug like appearance some of which his daughter inherited with the flat nose and big cheeks.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 11:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
It is funny how I know about every Sim you mentioned, even though I never play them.
Constantly reading about all these Sims in this forum eventually led me to play both Pleasantview and Strangetown just so I could meet these famous Sims for myself. I must say I was a bit in awe of the Pleasantview Sims when I first played them, which is a bit odd after playing Veronaville, since I guess Romeo and Juliet(te) must be about the most famous lovers ever!

I had a post three-quarters written for this thread nearly a week ago, and then I accidently clicked "Refresh Page" and lost it all. GRRR! If it happens again I think I'll give up!

IMHO Meadow Thayer is the best looking of the teenage girls in Pleasantview though personally I've no idea what she'd be like to live with. But I see BlueAlien and bbostic8 find she gets on well with Dustin Broke; now I have a rather high opinion of Dustin, and I reckon he'll be a good judge of character. So, if he likes her that's good enough for me. In my game though I like Dustin with Angela.

For some reason I always think of the Tellermans in Pleasantview as a married couple. Though I fear Komei may be filing for divorce if he ever gets wind of the things that Jan and Don were doing in the hot tub on Don's roof!

I have to admit that I've only played Pleasantview and Strangetown for one loose rotation each so I really don't know their townies well. Moreover I've got Tarlia's Strangetown which only has about 3 of the Maxis townies, so I'm afraid there are a lot there that I'll probably never meet.

On the other hand I've been playing the same Veronaville (with occasional breaks) since the first day I started up the game, and for most of that time I've had Downtown attached, so I reckon I know the Veronaville townies and the Downtownies rather well. One rather surprising pairing of a townie with a playable is Consort Capp engaged to, and ready to marry, April Hutchins. Consort is wildly infatuated, but April has been overheard muttering something about there being "no fool like an old fool", and "a fool and his money are easily parted". Truth is that years ago Consort attacked and beat up April outside a shop in Veronaville Mews. He apologised. But then he poked her again. April has never forgotten. Slowly but relentlessly she has been seeking to use all her seductive wiles as Romance Sim to avenge that attack. Marrying him will be distasteful to her. So probably will bearing his child. But it will be worth it when she sees him ultimately deprived of what he really loves most -- his money. I tell you all this in confidence: whatever you do, don't tell Consort! One Sim is likely to become an entirely innocent victim of this: Juliette Capp stands to lose much of her expected inheritance. As I understand Veronavillian law, her title to Capp Manor is absolute and cannot be touched, but she stands to lose much of the cash she might have expected. And the trouble is that, when she hears what has happened, I fear Juliette will be too fair-minded to fight her own corner.

Another much simpler pairing is a straightforward love match between Veronaville teenage townies Keith Cormier (Family) and Mallory Mace (Romance). They both currently live downtown where they have adjoining rooms in Craig Royce's "Teen Townie Hostel", but they hope to move shortly to Monopolis, where they have been appointed the local representatives for Jones and Moltke Ltd., the construction company run by Andrew and Julian. I hope Keith doesn't get hurt as a result of Mallory's Romance aspiration (he's been hurt in love before) but I think I can trust Mallory to treat him well. She's a long-term friend and chess partner of Andrew, and I trust Andrew as a judge of character.

I'll try to be brief in summarising the other pairings involving townies and Downtownies in Veronaville. As you may know there are a lot of gay Sims in my game, and most of the others involve same-sex relationships. To help you identify my Downtownies, I'll quote their game files names (as "aka" names) in brackets after the names I know them by. ("aka" is short for "also known as".) You can look them up on the (Wikia) wiki by there game files names. Veronaville townie Amar Larrea is going steady with Downtownie Berjes Wilsonoff (aka Nolan Kosmakos). Amar also lives in the Teen Townie Hostel and Berjes lives in old Veronaville as a live-in nanny looking after Benedick and Beatrix Monty so Antonio can go to work. Tybalt Capp is going steady with feisty Fortune ex-Downtownie Lexie Kauker (aka Shanna Landry). Tybalt has left school, and they hope to marry and get their own place soon. Mercutio Monty has just started a relationship with Downtownie teen Charlie Benson (aka Ash Alioto) which I hope will prove successful. Veronaville teen townies Jihoon LeTourneau and Ralph Enriquez are going steady with each other. They started this relationship autonomously themselves by kissing each other at a nightclub when I was playing other Sims. In so doing Ralph autonomously decided that he was gay, which is rather remarkable considering I don't have ACR. Downtownie Audrey Tsang (aka Trista Phelps) has been living with my CAS Sim Tom Cornton and his teenage boys for a long time now. There has long been talk of marriage, but they still haven't even got engaged.

The Tricou teens have also made their mark on my game. BJ Shaikh (aka Orion Teens) has his own little house, half-hidden in the trees near the canal in Veronaville. His steady girlfriend is Veronaville townie Kendra McCarthy. His house has become a meeting place for the Tricous. Ravi Bertino (aka Patrick Teens) lives with, and loves, my CAS Romance teen Jack Gill, who has a small downtown house in Mendoza Lane. Ravi is one of my favourite Sims because he is always considerate in his dealings with other Sims. His relationship with Jack is an open one because that's what Jack wants. As a result Ravi is a member of a loose group of Romance and Pleasure gay teens who all regularly make out with each other. His Tricou brother Don Ng (aka Tiave Teens) is on the fringes of this group. The black Tricou boy Weldon Roennigke (aka Loren Teens) is competing for the attention of Ginger Newson with my CAS boy Ross Moore; I think Weldon is likely to win. Weldon's sister Noelle Howe (aka Kestrel Teens) has meantime befriended Ginger's brother Gavin. I would very much like to see some love interest for the Newson teens, because otherwise their lives are so hard. So the only Tricou teen with no love interest at all (so far) is Lauren Cox (aka Swan Teens). (I think she's the one that Peni calls "Bad News Bev".)

Well, I think it should be obvious just from the length of this post that townies play a major part in my game! Sometimes I think I prefer them to the pre-made playables, precisely because they don't have a pre-defined story. They look different from my CAS Sims, have different personalities, and thus add variety, but I have more freedom in playing them than I have with the Maxis playables. Of the Veronaville townies and Downtownies I have mentioned, all except Charlie Benson, Ralph Enriquez, Kendra McCarthy, Don Ng, Weldon Roennigke, Noelle Howe and Lauren Cox are now playable, and I suspect some of these will become playable soon. In deciding on pairings I rely on my own feelings plus how they actually get on with each other. I have studiously ignored "chemistry" since the very start -- in fact I give ALL my CAS Sims the same turn-ons and turn-offs as myself! I don't really consider genetics either: many of these couples will never have genetic children -- the gay ones certainly won't. It's a pity though that the logic of my story dictates that April Hutchins must have a legitimate child by Consort Capp, since she is one of the Maxis Sims with a broken template face.

@Peni Griffin : May I ask which of the Tricou kids you call Skater Tricou? Is it Ravi (Patrick Teens)?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 1:47 PM
The one with brown hair. His outfit and hair are based on (now outdated) skateboarder culture, I believe. I can never keep track of the official game files names. So when speaking generically, they're The Tricou with the Hat, the Tricou with the Nightlife Hair, the black Tricou, the Asian Tricou, Gothboy Tricou, and Skater Tricou to me.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 2:19 PM
Here's a family tree: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...=20120214040443

Considering all of the Teens are descendents of Jon Smith and look so different, it looks like the guy really was a hit with the ladies in town.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#17 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The one with brown hair. His outfit and hair are based on (now outdated) skateboarder culture, I believe. I can never keep track of the official game files names. So when speaking generically, they're The Tricou with the Hat, the Tricou with the Nightlife Hair, the black Tricou, the Asian Tricou, Gothboy Tricou, and Skater Tricou to me.
So this must be the Skater Tricou:

That's Tiave Teens in the game files, or Don Ng in my game.

And the Asian Tricou must be:

That's Patrick Teens in the game files, or my pal Ravi Bertino in my game.

I was never quite sure which was which of these two was which, because, if anything Don Ng looks more Asian than Ravi Bertino to me, and, although I remember seeing the video for Avril Lavigne's Sk8er Boi a few years ago, I really had no idea how "sk8ter bois" were supposed to dress. Moreover, going by their names in my game, I believe "Ng" is a Vietnamese name, whereas Ravi Bertino sounds Italian to me.

So skateboard boys wore those bubble vests without sleeves!? Going even further off-topic, Andrew has one of those bubble vests -- a blue one, and he usually wears it with a blue pair of shorts by Simphany.com. Julian calls it his "Little Boy Blue" outfit! When I think about it, and recall Andrew working out with his mum's punch-bag, I think I can imagine Andrew riding a skateboard.

ihatemandatoryregister, since they all get different random surnames in game, I think they're all taking their last names from their mothers.
I see our Disagreeable Member has targeted my last post, as he/she has targeted many of my posts in the last few months. Will you please post in the thread and tell me exactly what I said in that post that you so strongly disagree with.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Considering all of the Teens are descendents of Jon Smith and look so different, it looks like the guy really was a hit with the ladies in town.

Not necessarily. Don't adopted kids show up in family trees too? This would also explain why they look so different from each other and from their "father."

The Downtown templates from Tarlia that I use have no Tricou teens (I got tired of looking at the same Downtownies over and over), so I'm using an old save made from a Maxis template as a reference. Odd that the Tricou teens all see Jon Smith Tricou as their father, but if you click on his portrait only Jennail and Nylissit are seen as his children.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#19 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 12:24 AM
Yeah, I forgot about adoption. Though as they don't appear in his tree, I like the idea of a bunch of illegitimate kids that he doesn't actually know about a bit better than him adopting 6 kids and then somehow forgetting about them.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#20 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 2:03 PM
In reality, it's probably something as dumb as EA forgetting to set up the relationship ties before they shipped out the game. I'm shocked the Tricou Teens aren't corrupt beyond the face templates.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 4:34 PM
For whatever it's worth, both of the Tricous pictured look like they could be Philippino (or Pinoy, whichever terminology is appropriate). The name Ravi Bertino certainly sounds Philippino to me, anyway. Although Andrew is right when he says Ng is a Vietnamese name.

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 7:08 PM
Their names are randomized whenever Downtown is added to a neighborhood, just like all the other Downtownies. It's just random chance whether you get a name that seems to match their ethnic appearance.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Their names are randomized whenever Downtown is added to a neighborhood, just like all the other Downtownies. It's just random chance whether you get a name that seems to match their ethnic appearance.

Speaking of randomized townie names, has anyone ever made a mod to stop that happening? I tend to use SimPE to rename the ones I care about, but I wish it wouldn't do the renaming at all. If only because it would remove the confusion of conversations like this one!
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 1:33 AM
I'm about to pair Julien Cooke up with La Shawn Cameron. Do you think that they're a good match for each other?
Mad Poster
#25 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 1:55 AM
You still haven't defined what you mean by "good match." He's Popularity and I believe she's Family, so that's suboptimal boltage, but boltage isn't everything. They both have fairly boring/pretty faces so that might be a plus or a minus for you, depending on your taste. All I would care about would be: how do they behave together? Are they affectionate? Do they single each other out over other sims when left to their own devices? What kind of dynamic do they have as a couple - is one of them clearly the leader, do they pull together or in opposite directions, is one protective of the other? What kind of story possibilities are created by the intersection of their existing character arcs?

Only you can decide what's good for your game. You don't need our approval.

Page 1 of 2