Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 8:48 AM
Default CC Newb questions
Anyone seen any lists of clothing asset IDs for the base game or expansions? I want to add stockings to other categories but have no idea how to find its ID number.

Also I would like to change some bodysuits from body to Tops to add them to skirts, can I just change the Clothing tag in S3PE from 0x00000004 (Body) to 0x00000005(Top)?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 8:16 PM
Are you talking about Sim 3 or Sims 4?

If Sims 3, yes, as far as I remember you just change the Clothing value to the category you want. When you pop up the grid for editing in S3PE it contains the full list of values. (If you ARE asking about TS3 I'll move this to the correct forum.)

If Sims 4, you would change the BodyType value in s4pe, which again contains the full list. However, the mesh (if any) should be updated so CAS will focus on the right section (top, bottom, shoes, accessories, etc.) when you click on the item. A tool like CAS Tools will do that for you when you change BodyType but you'd have to edit one clothing item/set of recolors in in its own separate package at a time. If the incorrect focus doesn't bother you, you can ignore it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 5:19 AM
Cool that answers my question, yes sorry this should be for Sims 3, I don't know how I started it in Sims 4 somehow