Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2017 at 1:11 PM
Default Life States Mod
Hi, I'm interested in creating a new Life State.
Ones of my projects about that is to create Angels, or sims which life expectancies would be reduced, instead of expanded like for Vampires.
Anyway, would someone have an idea on how to mod a new Life State ?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 14th May 2017 at 1:44 PM
Moved to 'modding discussions'

However, no one sucessfully did this before, or at least, making a new life state. However, I do think this might be possible doing it with a trait, giving it special animations and if not, interactions. This would mean that you do have to script it. at least that's something that I've been looking into, maybe it's worth trying! Or I guess you could also take a look on how EA scripted certain life states if not, occult types ^- ~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th May 2017 at 2:16 PM
Well, I tried to look at how those are managed, and it seems to use the hidden traits system. A Life State is not caused and kept by hidden traits, but they are usually used to trigger the effects of the Life State. For example, there are two different hidden traits for Werewolves, on for the human form and one for the wolf form, because they have separate interactions. But how is the Life State stored in the Sim ? How does it trigger (among other things) the hidden trait ? Does anyone know where is the list of the Life States in the gamefiles ?
Scholar
#4 Old 15th May 2017 at 4:52 PM
No one has ever created an Occult life state before so if you can do it than great however instead of creating a new occult type you can create a new trait instead. A hidden trait and you can create some custom interactions that will be added to anyone with that trait.
Site Helper
#5 Old 16th May 2017 at 6:38 PM
What I have done since the beginning was to download mods that give a sim extra abilities (Or just use TCE commands) and then say that certain sims have access to those abilities, but possibly only for a limited number of uses in a specified period. (And you don't want to know how long I cried when I absolutely had to patch past the point where the Magic for TS3 mod was usable. That wiped out 12 species of occults.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th May 2017 at 11:14 PM
OK, I've put my ideas in order, and this is where I need help, what I would like to know how to do to build my mod :
-How to add a new variable with positive and negative integers (so a float I suppose)
-How to add a new interaction to an existing object. Not a cloned version of the object, I want this to work on every Grave and Mausoleum in the game
-How to add a new interaction to the Grim Reaper
-How to modify my variable, to apply a new trait (or hidden trait) to the sim, and to trigger already existing animations with the interaction
-How to modify (or simply add something to) a "public enum" from a Sims3's .DLL
-How to make a new trait or hidden trait (both are in fact quite the same)
-And some other optional stuff but not nearly as important as the previous ones.

I tried my way in through http://simswiki.info/ but all the external links to http://den.simlogical.com/ are broker as the site does not exist anymore. Please help me, I don't know where to look.
Site Helper
#7 Old 16th May 2017 at 11:55 PM
Try http://www.simlogical.com/
The forum is no longer in place, but the downloads and tutorials are still maintained there.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th May 2017 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Try http://www.simlogical.com/
The forum is no longer in place, but the downloads and tutorials are still maintained there.

I love you.

Now i've gone further on and bumped into an issue in following a tutorial : http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp..._script_mod.pdf
At the bottom of page 2, it is shown how to adress a 'Sim sim'. Later on, another adress is shown : 'InteractionObjectPair pair'. Problem : the thing I want to adress (instead of a Sim sim) is called the 'urnstone', it's an object (but I guess even Sims are objects), I don't know how to adress it and what to type instead of 'sim' or 'pair'. Can anyone help me ?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#9 Old 17th May 2017 at 7:30 PM
Hmm it depends, if you wanna use it as a reference (IF only your object basically IS a urnstone, which I guess I doubt since you are working on a life state) Then you wanna add the existing EA's name class after yours. Something like this:

( Just to get the idea which one I mean )namespace Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Toys
{
public class GreenieDollHouse : DollHouse
{

GreenieDollHouse being my class, whereas DollHouse is EAs.

But, if you wanna refer to it in your interaction, then the progress it slightly different. I do take it that you wanna use EA's existing interactions and such. They're usually put right above the tuning comments part, and I do know that they are also being mentioned by the 'pure scripting' tutorial But actually, it's done the same way like they applied the kInstantiator script. Because that one happens to be a whole entirely different script which in their case can be downloaded, in EAs case just needs referring.

So say, you wanna use the 'SwitchOutfitHelper' (Which is this helper that causes the sim to change into their preferred clothing, and does the spinning thingy). Before making an interaction where you'll eventually apply that (And this will work with certain interactions as well, but we'll get to that), but like I said, before actually starting with creating an interaction, (Or well, as long as it's being placed before the "public static readonly InteractionDefinition Singleton" part) you wanna use this one first:

" private Sim.SwitchOutfitHelper mSwitchOutfitHelper; " (Obvs without the " s :P)

Now we have referred to the existing in-game switchoutfit helper. Now we can use it whenever we want. Usually in this case it should be referred in the 'Run' or "test' parts, which uhm... I guess makes sense. Of course you can use it's own 'helpers' within it. I mean the SwitchOutfitHelper has for example a 'CreateOutfitHelper'. If you wanna know how to find those options, I usually go look for a script that has that certain helper or thing (object in your case) that needs to be referred with ILspy, click on it, and it will point you to the 'source', or well, the scwitchOutfitHelper script.

Do keep in mind that, as far as I found out, that 'sim' is indeed a class or object, like for example 'GreenieDollHouse'. so it makes sense why in this case, it would be (in the run or test parts) 'This.sim.switchoutfithelper'

For objects, as far as I found out about, would be 'this.GreenieDollHouse.INTERACTION'

I'm sure some more advanced scripter might wanna add something to this, especially since i'm pretty much a noob like you when it comes to scripting. But I have no idea how script overrides works, so I guess you might wanna download something that does exactly that, take a peek and see what you can find. of course that doens't mean that you want to actually USE their script in order to get what you want to achieve
Scholar
#10 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 1:07 AM
Hi I know there hasn't been a reply here for a while but I just found something today. There's an abstract class called "occultbaseclass" inside occultbaseclass.cs and the other occults are made using classes that inherit from this base class. For eg. in occultvampire.cs we have

public class OccultVampire : OccultBaseClass

So maybe you can create your angel this way as well.

public class OccultAngel : OccultBaseClass
Or even
public class OccultAngel : OccultFairy (or whatever the name of fairy occult class is)
and then remove fairy interactions and ad your own.

I've never seen this being done in practice by any modder but the game seems to be doing it this way.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 5:50 PM
What prevents to create hidden trait how "Wished for Long Life"?
Site Helper
#12 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 7:36 PM
I don't have that Ep, so I don't know for sure, but it would seriously surprise me if someone who is already immortal could wish for long life.

(Of course, I was also seriously surprised when zombies got better the next morning, so...)

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 6:58 PM
Hi, I advanced further into the project, and I am very close to making it real I create hidden traits and OccultBaseClass-derived class to trigger various things when a sim turns into a demon/an angel, based on the Genie and Vampire's base code. It works quite well, the only thing stalling me right now is how to create stuff like the teeth and birth mark of the vampires - but I explained all this in a new topic : http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=5362976
Scholar
#14 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 1:21 PM
Oh that's so cool. I hope you upload this mod.