Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 1:16 AM
Default Editing the height slider
Exactly do I edit Delphy's height slider so I can make sims shorter, too? I got the blender thingy but I can't figure out how to use it. It only edits "blend" files, but how to I extract those from the main package that I want to edit?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 12:44 PM
Use s3pe, extract the FBLN file, then rename it from .facialblend to .blendunit. You should be able to open it in Delphy's blendunit editor then.

The short slider needs work, though:
Screenshots
Scholar
#3 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 2:55 PM
I was wondering regarding the short slider - would it be possible to change the thigh and/or calf lengths? Maybe that would work to help shorten the Sim rather than have the 'bendy knee' problem... Is that even possible? It would be something to possibly look into as well, Le Carrera... (just a thought )

...Titanium white...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
I was wondering regarding the short slider - would it be possible to change the thigh and/or calf lengths? Maybe that would work to help shorten the Sim rather than have the 'bendy knee' problem... Is that even possible? It would be something to possibly look into as well, Le Carrera... (just a thought )

I've been thinking about that off and on, too. Delphy says it's very difficult but I don't know if he had time to get back to it. Maybe I'll give it a whirl when I get time.
Scholar
#5 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I've been thinking about that off and on, too. Delphy says it's very difficult but I don't know if he had time to get back to it. Maybe I'll give it a whirl when I get time.

That would be awesome, CmarNYC. I wait with baited breath, hoping it'll work

...Titanium white...
Scholar
#6 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 4:45 PM
I've already done a height slider where you can adjust torso and leg height separately. It needs some fine tuning before I will release it, and you can't change calf and thigh separately (yet), but it's possible.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
I've already done a height slider where you can adjust torso and leg height separately. It needs some fine tuning before I will release it, and you can't change calf and thigh separately (yet), but it's possible.

Does your slider include short, and should I not bother to work on it, then? Don't want to spend the time if you've got it covered.
Scholar
#8 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 7:18 PM Last edited by jonha : 9th Mar 2010 at 7:30 PM.
Does your slider include short, and should I not bother to work on it, then? Don't want to spend the time if you've got it covered.

Yes, my slider can make sims shorter.

I attached an unfinished version if you or somebody else wants to test it.

The only remaining issue so far is that I forgot to adjust some skirt bone, so female skirts and dresses may get some small deformation when changing the leg length. And of course there are the unavoidable issues with clipping, bedframes and the kissing animation.

They are in head->general
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  HeightSlider.zip (2.3 KB, 18415 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#9 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 7:48 PM
Looking pretty good - I'll test it out when I get home.
Scholar
#10 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 8:26 PM
Yippee - that *does* look good! Wow, I've been waiting and hoping for some sort of short slider since Sims3 was released - this is like a dream come true. I will download and test it too, if you don't mind. Any more problems/issues/observations, I will let the thread know. Thanks so much jonha

...Titanium white...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#11 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 1:08 PM
Looking VERY good! The body stays in proportion with no lifting of the shoulders that I could see, and the legs are perfect with no trembling of feet or hands. Besides the skirt deformation you mentioned, I saw one more remaining issue - the elbows bend when shortening the torso and over-straighten when lengthening it.
Screenshots
Scholar
#12 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 2:48 PM
Yeah, I noticed the arm thing too (sorry I didn't post before; have only managed to get on here now); regarding the clipping issues you mentioned earlier, it happens in the beds, the chairs, when on a bicycle, and on the tables where they eat - and those only happen if you shorten them to the extreme (which I did with a slider range hack x4)... It really does look very good; I'm so happy with it

...Titanium white...
Scholar
#13 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 3:53 PM
About the arm position: This seems to be unfixable. You can't change the hand position, the hands are mostly supposed to "snap" to certain objects and positions. For example on my screenshot to the shoulders of the other sim or in general idle state to some position at the hip. This means of course that a sim with a higher torso will have more straigt arms than a person with a lower torso, who will bend them more, because they have the same arm length but have to skip a greather distance.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#14 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 11:51 AM
Can't the arm length be changed the same way as the leg length?
Scholar
#15 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 4:07 PM
Can't the arm length be changed the same way as the leg length?

I think, I can try again, but I didn't managed to do it before. The arms always deformed in a very weird way. If you want to try it, fell free to do so. Maybe I overlooked something.

It's probably more difficult, because the arms are aligned diagonally on the mesh while the leg bones can just be moved in vertical direction.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#16 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 8:56 PM
I was hoping you'd say it was okay to try - I doubt I'll have more luck than you, though. I see what you mean that the arms are positioned differently and that complicates things.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 12:50 AM
If this is an ongoing project, can I make a few suggestions? It would be nice if making the sim taller also increased their girth proportionally. Tall sims with this slider seem to be especially skinny; you notice it most in children. Also, I would like to see the gap between life stages closed, so your sims can grow up as they age. There is still a huge difference in height between the shortest teen and the tallest child.....and the taller you make the child, the more ridiculously skinny they look.
Scholar
#18 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cwurts00
If this is an ongoing project, can I make a few suggestions? It would be nice if making the sim taller also increased their girth proportionally.

I'm planning to add a separate "girth" slider.

Tall sims with this slider seem to be especially skinny; you notice it most in children.

That's right. But I have seen those skinny giant children in real life,

Also, I would like to see the gap between life stages closed, so your sims can grow up as they age. There is still a huge difference in height between the shortest teen and the tallest child...

I didn't wanted to enlarge the slider further, as you will get more issues. For example sims will to begin to sink into the bed or in chairs when making the legs even shorter and changing the torso further will make your sim look even weirder.

This is still a simple body height slider, not an aging slider (which would of course be nice, too). Maybe I will create an aging slider after the body height sliders, but it will need a lot of work and math.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 2:14 AM
I just thought of something else too - the child face is different from the teen face, so to make it a totally smooth transition, the face bones would have to be morphed somehow; but I can't imagine how that would be done.
Scholar
#20 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 7:45 PM
Update: I managed to adjust the arm length and change the body "girth"/"weight", I think I can upload them soon.

Still need to scale down the effect on toddlers and children, they are adjusted the same distance as adults, which of course is unproportional.
Scholar
#21 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 10:33 PM
Yay - I'm always keeping an eye on this thread ; glad to hear you're still working on it - am looking forward to downloading the updated version to try it out in my game; I am thoroughly enjoying the current one in my game at the mo :D

...Titanium white...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#22 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 1:45 PM
Great to hear it - I didn't get anywhere with the arms.
Scholar
#23 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 10:29 PM
Here is an updated version.

I still want to adjust the slider for children, so they get different scalings, and maybe merge the arm and torso slider so the arm length remains proportionally. (Of course I could still leave a separate arm slider)

The "Body Weight/Girth" slider should be considered rather experimental, as for example the head size changes when changing the body, but I just included it in case you want to see or test it.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Sliders.zip (4.3 KB, 67829 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 1:00 AM
My opinion:

1) I love the girth slider; I didn't notice any changes in the head.

2) I agree that the arm length should vary relative to the height, instead of separately - it just doesn't look right unless you adjust them together. Actually, I think the height slider should increase girth proportionally for the
same reason. Tall people tend to be wider after all.

3) There is still a gap between the height of the tallest child, and shortest teen - I don't know if it's part of your plan to fix that.

4) It would be really cool to have a girth slider for the arms as well.
Scholar
#25 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 10:31 AM
2) I agree that the arm length should vary relative to the height, instead of separately - it just doesn't look right unless you adjust them together.

Yes, I will add this.

Quote:
Actually, I think the height slider should increase girth proportionally for the
same reason. Tall people tend to be wider after all.

Probably not going to do that. Although it works fine for you, the girth slider is rather a hack, and it causes side effect especially when used together with my pelvis/hip/waist etc. sliders. Maybe I merge a very toned down version, but as I said, there are skinny giant children for example.

Quote:
3) There is still a gap between the height of the tallest child, and shortest teen - I don't know if it's part of your plan to fix that.

As I said, this isn't really an aging slider. I may increase the range, but the bigger the range, the more issues will become visible. Sims will sink in their beds/chairs or float above them, animations will be very wrong, clothing will deform and so on. I will test it, but not sure if I can fix that.

Quote:
4) It would be really cool to have a girth slider for the arms as well.

Yes, good idea. I may add this.
Locked thread
Page 1 of 6