Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Typical
#51 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 8:09 PM
Save-the_whales - It doesn't matter whether or not you understand why the foundation needs to go there, just place it there. I myself don't even know.
Regarding the placement of the windows - 'Step 10: Place your windows as show below (make sure the object placement grid is pointing outwards). Additionally, as feldynn and nedumaran have pointed out, make sure you paint your room before you place your windows. If you do not, you will have a hard time painting them after you place them; you will also get the 'unfinished room' moodlet if you fail to do so.' (See picture below step 10).
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 9:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewjen
Save-the_whales - It doesn't matter whether or not you understand why the foundation needs to go there, just place it there. I myself don't even know.
Regarding the placement of the windows - 'Step 10: Place your windows as show below (make sure the object placement grid is pointing outwards). Additionally, as feldynn and nedumaran have pointed out, make sure you paint your room before you place your windows. If you do not, you will have a hard time painting them after you place them; you will also get the 'unfinished room' moodlet if you fail to do so.' (See picture below step 10).

To clarify, you do not 'need' to put the foundation around the edge; however, sometimes the foundation level will magically have no floor guides, and you won't be able to place the windows easily. It can be done completely without them, but I included it so beginners can grasp the concept without any issues.

Sorry for my conveniently late reply.
Test Subject
#53 Old 27th May 2010 at 8:33 AM
Help! I'm attempting to do this tutorial and I'm having major problems with step 7. It won't allow me to create the wall. It keeps saying "attached to wall" and I don't know how to solve this. Any help? Please and Thank You!
Test Subject
#54 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 6:45 AM
thanks for sharing! nice tutorial
Test Subject
#55 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 11:20 AM
Default deleting foundation
Quote: Originally posted by festiveplague
Hey, I'm kind of new to building stuff in Sims 3, first off. I tried your tutorial but I had a bit of a problem. When I went to delete the foundation on the outside of the house, that little wall in front of the windows... It wanted to build foundation all the way to the top of the windows. I did the constrainFloorElevation false code, and it didn't seem to help. Any ideas what I did wrong?

I had that same problem, I turned off the constrainfloorelevation cheat then deleted the foundation, seemed to work fine for me..

Hope this helps :p
Test Subject
#56 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 10:20 PM
sup new to sims 3 do i have to enter "false" at the end of constrainfloorelevation ?
Test Subject
#57 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 5:59 PM
Thx so much for the tutorial!! It simply a beautiful way to enhance our sim homes...
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 2:16 AM
i love this tutorial. you don't know how many houses i've made with this tut!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 4:44 AM
@ King1gangsta--First of welcome. Secondly, yes you need to put false at the end to turn the restraints off. You will more than likely get an error message saying the cheat is not recognized. TS2 made it a little easier by only needing on/off at the end of cheats. Think of it this way: true for on, false for off. I have yet to use many cheats in TS3 as I am working to get my new world landscaped and such but used it several times in TS2 as can be seen in many of my lots.

Follow the creation of new worlds, lots and objects at my new blog, UrbanSims!
~Brady
Test Subject
#60 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 7:12 PM
You can't see the pictures. It's kinda hard to see what's going on without the pictures.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#61 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jracheal88
You can't see the pictures. It's kinda hard to see what's going on without the pictures.

The permissions on the host server were compromised by some toothy rodent.
Test Subject
#62 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 10:19 PM
Is the final result pics from an actual home on this site?
Test Subject
#63 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 2:01 PM
Wow! that's amazing. thank you for the tutorial i think it would be better if you have a pdf of this though
Test Subject
#64 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 2:53 PM
this is great. very clear images! inspiration for a greenhouse. thank you!
Test Subject
#65 Old 28th Dec 2011 at 11:27 PM
Default Thanks
hi,
Finally managed to make this work.
Thanks for posting!
Test Subject
#66 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 5:46 PM
Thanks for this excellent tutorial I used it and love the look of it in my houses. The other thing I liked about this it was so easy to follow and boy do I like easy tutorials.The last thing I need to say is keep up the good work!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 5:24 PM
Did you take all the photos for this tutorial down? All I get is Image is not available, or does not exist. It's kind of worthless without the photos.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#68 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Heidelberg
Did you take all the photos for this tutorial down? All I get is Image is not available, or does not exist. It's kind of worthless without the photos.

I have re-uploaded the images.
Test Subject
#69 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 6:27 PM
I am also getting the "attached to wall" error and not able to place the wall "under" the wall in the cut out area. Any ideas?
dodgy builder
#70 Old 5th Jan 2014 at 7:31 PM
I don't usually remove the 1 tile foundation inside the room on each side. It may have a purpose, I don't know. The cfe wall makes a slope one tile wide, that might be the reason why it's like that. If you can just stuff the wondows on the walls on both floors without the slope being visible, you're fine. If you get an error about attached to a wall it's like some people say above, you have to turn the cheat on and off all the time: constrainfloorelevation false - constrainfloorelevation true - constrainfloorelevation false blah, blah, blah. If you have a blank line in the cheat window, use the arrow up and if your last cheat was constrainfloorelevation false, just change false to true and press enter.

Using cfe a lot can be tedious work. If you cannot remove the 1 tile cutout, don't worry about it. Just find a way to hide the one tile sloped wall. Make a room there or put a plant in, whatever.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#71 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyRiz
I am also getting the "attached to wall" error and not able to place the wall "under" the wall in the cut out area. Any ideas?

It shouldn't happen if you've followed the steps and are using level ground. As you can see in Step 6, you have to cut out an additional square of foundation. When you fill in the wall underneath, you can't go all the way to the edge of the foundation. You have to leave a space (See Step 7).

You will also get this error bubble if there are tiles above where you are placing walls.
Test Subject
#72 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 11:37 PM
Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. This has been stumping me for over a year until I found yours, and got it on the first try! Now I can teach my kids a new skill too, they've been building more recently.
Page 3 of 3