Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 6:25 PM
Creating SimOutfit for Occults
Hi, I'm creating a mod which adds new occult life states to the game (Angel and Demon) and I need them to have visual distinctions from normal Sims.
To do that, I have a horns and a wings accessories, which I placed in my main .package.
The issue is when I try to tell the game to attach it to newly turned sims.

The code I copy is the one that tells Vampires to have the teeth, and the birth mark in the neck. The code, executed whenever a sim is turned into a Vampire, is as follows :
Code:
        SimOutfit uniformToApply = new SimOutfit(ResourceKey.CreateOutfitKeyFromProductVersion(string.Format("{0}{1}Vampire", OutfitUtils.GetAgePrefix(simDes.Age, true), OutfitUtils.GetGenderPrefix(simDes.Gender)), ProductVersion.BaseGame));
        if (uniformToApply.IsValid)
        {
            simDes.ApplyBodyTypeToAllOutfits(uniformToApply, (ulong) 0x4800000000L, "VampireBirthMarkAndDental");
        }

This code seems to generate a key from the age of the sim, his gender, and the information "vampire", the key being then fed to the SimOutfit method.
As I understand it, it needs the correct items (teeth, birth mark, wings, horns...) to be first properly given an official key, and not just imported in the game.

What I would need to know is either how :
  • to create a SimOutfit from specified imported items (which I can then call uniformToApply in my code), to feed ApplyBodyTypeToAllOutfits()
  • to register a key corresponding to the said items, which I can then feed to the new SimOutfit() method

More openly, anyone having information on the following methods is cheerfully welcome : SimOutfit, CreateOutfitKeyFromProductVersion, ApplyBodyTypeToAllOutfits
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 9:02 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 12:07 AM Last edited by Armise : 19th Mar 2018 at 1:33 AM.
I think that's what I need ! Thx very much.

EDIT : Actually I'm not so sure. The name is supposed to be either AdultMaleVampire or Vampire (or any %age%%gender%Vampire), and I can't find any SIMO with the matching FNV64 in FullBuild0.package . So basically I don't know how to call my Outfit in my code, and I'm not positive it's an Outfit I need to make .

EDIT2 : I finally found them in FullBuild_p06, with a non-matching FNV64 hash, I dunno why. Got it to work. Thx again for your help !
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 9:27 PM
Glad I could help
I remembered that because some time ago I was searching for the plantsim outfit, which I wanted to replace. I never found it but at least I learned about .simo files. Thank you for editing the location where you found it, maybe I will find the Plantsim outfit somewhere, I really want to replace it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 10:54 PM
It will be very hard for you to find, I believe. You need to look in the Fullbuild .package for the EP you want (University here) then filter by type -> SIMO
But since SIMOs don't have fucking NAMES I don't know how you're supposed to understand which is the one.
I managed to identify the vampire's because it had only two CASP and very unusual ones : Dental and Birthmark, which are used only by the Vampire.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 10:28 PM
Psst next time I would recommend using S3OC and clone it without renumbering At least you'd see the thumbnail for your caspart, thus easier to find!