Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 2:18 AM
Default EIG crashes while in loading screen
So I've ran through the CAW crashing check list. Cleared caches, moved my mods folder, and tried exiting out of CAW while EIG was loading. My world continued to crash.

I made a quick new world, that world's EIG loaded up no problem.

Decided to save my current world as a different name I than got an error stating that CAW has experienced an error and failed to save the world. It sort of saved a new world, however my lots are missing. Yet EIG does fully load.

Finally I've noticed that when the loading screen appears EIG crashes at different points in the loading bar, sometimes at the begining other times towards the end.
Also the only change I've made between using EIG about an hour ago and now when it crashes. Is I've downloaded and installed few lots. Aside from that there haven't been any significant changes.
Not sure if it has anything to do with my issue, but my world has the occasional stormy weather appearance while in CAW. As in I load my world and it looks like it is about to rain, other times it a nice sunny day.
Also CAW seems to be a lot more temperamental in general. Than before.
I've got Windows 7 Pro, 16 GB of RAM and a Geforce GTX 970 GPU. Let me know if you need any more info. Oh also everything is installed through Origin, and installed under my E drive instead of the C drive.
I'm starting to think I'll have to completely restart, which would really suck, just because I'm at a very happy place with this world. I won't mind if it is the last option.
Thanks!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ruffdog24
Also the only change I've made between using EIG about an hour ago and now when it crashes. Is I've downloaded and installed few lots. Aside from that there haven't been any significant changes.

Oh, those are significant changes, believe you me. Chances are is that one or more of those lots are corrupted, which could be causing the issue.

What you can try to do is restore your world from one of the backup folders of the world in your UserToolData/Worlds folder. There should be several from before the current save that is causing you trouble. Load one of those folders, see if that helps. You might lose some progress but at least you'll get your world back.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 3:49 AM
Haha it worked!!!! Thank you!!!!
Out of curiosity what is it in a corrupted lot that makes EIG not work?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 5:12 AM
Haha it worked!!!! Thank you!!!!

You're welcome. :-)

Out of curiosity what is it in a corrupted lot that makes EIG not work?

I have no idea. Maybe someone else will come along and answer that question. I have theories, such as EIG crashing during a previous save or either CAW or EIG hiccuping when the system runs low on memory. Because of this issue, I always close down all background tasks when I save and only save a few lots at a time.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 7:16 AM
Oh that makes sense, ya I do have a bad habit of not closing out of programs that I'm using. Or ya know switching back and forth between two heavy memory intensive programs. Such as CAW/EIG and Maya.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 1:46 PM
Oh that makes sense, ya I do have a bad habit of not closing out of programs that I'm using. Or ya know switching back and forth between two heavy memory intensive programs. Such as CAW/EIG and Maya.

CAW/EIG is a very jealous mistress. I learned that the hard way.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 7:31 PM
Oye so is Maya, I've done my fair share of yelling, bargaining, pleading, threatening, and good old pep talks to when Maya is giving me trouble.