Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 2:35 PM
Default How to fix black texture on CTU.
I was texture swapping an EA outfit but the arms and legs showed up black while doing so. Do you know what went wrong?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  cmBodyStreetBall.zip (566.2 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 9:28 PM
It's because your texture isn't transparent! What I'd do is select the gray bits ( or black, then invert selection) go to the channels option in photoshop (Or gimp) and click the 'new channel' button right under it. It has the same icon as adding a new layer. Now only paint the gray bits that needs showing white and voila!
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 2:31 AM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 10th Mar 2018 at 2:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
It's because your texture isn't transparent! What I'd do is select the gray bits ( or black, then invert selection) go to the channels option in photoshop (Or gimp) and click the 'new channel' button right under it. It has the same icon as adding a new layer. Now only paint the gray bits that needs showing white and voila!

After I paint the texture white where do I place it?
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 6:49 PM
Here's a video that might be helpful in this case to explain, it's kinda hard to do it by wording it

Do make sure to save it as a DDS DXT5, not an BMP
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Here's a video that might be helpful in this case to explain, it's kinda hard to do it by wording it

Do make sure to save it as a DDS DXT5, not an BMP

I partially fixed the problem by saving it under DDS DXT5 but half of the arms and torso are still black and gray. I've also edited the basketball outfit in Milkshape to make it sleeveless, it also removed parts of the torso so I pasted a child nude top under it to fix it but the jersey texture is now bleeding under the armpits. Here are the updated pictures and package.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  cmBodyStreetBall Outfit.rar (20 Bytes, 10 downloads)