Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 7:29 AM
Default How can I use s3pe to make an object sit on the table?
I have an object thats supposedly decor for coffee tables yet when I tried it in game it does sit on it. I know there must be a way to edit the package in S3PE and get this done but I'm a bit unsure what to do exactly. I think it involves editing the object placement flags but I'm a little unclear to what they do. Can somebody point me right?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 10:40 PM
Yup object placements and if I recall right footsies have some options too Usually I do edit this in TSRW though. There it's just a matter of going to misc, find the footprint, expland that and click the 3 dots buttons so a new screen appears. Do make sure (in your case) to edit the 'placement' footprint. From there I think it should be clear to do it. Also, make sure (which is at the bottom of the very first tab in TSRW, the same tab where you can click which room you want it in, etc.) I would select the 'small' one. If it's a 'medium/big' then it makes sense it's not clipping onto the table.

For S3PE these options can be found in the OBJK by opening the grid. There you should see the placement flags. And the footprint editing can be done the same way by opening the floorprints with footsie (which comes with S3PE's additional wrappers) Unless the script overrides the floorprint but I doubt this is the case.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Yup object placements and if I recall right footsies have some options too Usually I do edit this in TSRW though. There it's just a matter of going to misc, find the footprint, expland that and click the 3 dots buttons so a new screen appears. Do make sure (in your case) to edit the 'placement' footprint. From there I think it should be clear to do it. Also, make sure (which is at the bottom of the very first tab in TSRW, the same tab where you can click which room you want it in, etc.) I would select the 'small' one. If it's a 'medium/big' then it makes sense it's not clipping onto the table.

For S3PE these options can be found in the OBJK by opening the grid. There you should see the placement flags. And the footprint editing can be done the same way by opening the floorprints with footsie (which comes with S3PE's additional wrappers) Unless the script overrides the floorprint but I doubt this is the case.

What placement flags do I need to check for it to sit on the tables? I'm not familiar with that part yet.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 9:33 PM
In your FTPT file, with Footsie, you wanna unselect 'floor' if that's the case.

In OBJK (My bad! Not OBJD) you wanna use the small placement flag
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 5:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
In your FTPT file, with Footsie, you wanna unselect 'floor' if that's the case.

In OBJK (My bad! Not OBJD) you wanna use the small placement flag

Thank you!