Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 3:53 AM Last edited by ZeldaSpyroJak : 12th Jan 2018 at 3:55 AM. Reason: Didn't sound like question
Default How do I convert Sims 4 mesh without TSR?
I was given permission to convert a mesh from The Sims 4 to The Sims 3 but I'm having trouble with TSR, it says the mesh is out of bounds and won't register the mesh, I know there are other ways of importing stuff into the game but I can't find any tutorials on it, can someone please direct me to a written or preferably a video tutorial please?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 3:13 PM
ALlright here are a few questions:

- Did you use align normals?
- Did you rename your group in Milkshape to group_base?
- Did you use model cleaner?
- Were you successfully able to assign the morphs and bones with meshtoolkit?

If you didn't use any of those, you will get a really vague error. I have made a tutorial on how to create CASparts right here (No idea if you're actually creating a CASpart thingy): https://youtu.be/vKHlHyU2pto?t=9m53s

SimplyImaginaryPeople also made a few: https://youtu.be/u_eeKIte83g
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 5:45 AM
I did all that but I can't really use the meshtoolkit because there are no Sims 3 meshes similar enough to the mesh I want to convert, I've tried assigning bones manually on a different project but It didn't work and I don't think I'll be successful with assigning bones on this project either.
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 10:05 AM
Hrm... What are you working on? Maybe I could check it out myself if you like or suggest a reference mesh to use?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 6:58 PM
I'm working on the mermaid shark tail by Merman Simmer or Nyx they are known as on Mod The Sims, I've been wanting a tail like that for a LONG time but the tail just goes straight down instead of turning up at the bottom like most mermaid tails do, I would ask Nyx/Merman Simmer first if you could look into the mesh before doing so like I did but if you can help me I would really appreciate that a lot!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 5:39 PM
Are you still checking it out?
Virtual gardener
#7 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 11:31 AM
Hi there, I'm kinda around still, I'll try to look into it whenever my body allows it (Been pretty ill the last few days) and whenever i'm not busy... not that I've had time to actually rest for the past couple 2,5 weeks. Will check it out soon!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 10:28 AM
I'm sorry you are sick, please take all the time you need.
Virtual gardener
#9 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 5:43 PM
ACtually what you could do is just using their mesh as a 'reference' for the bones, and see if that works Else I'll return with another idea
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 12:35 AM
I tried opening the original mesh in TSRW but It wouldn't let me, it says "Could not clone CAS Part, Object reference not set to an instance of an object." What do I do now?
Virtual gardener
#11 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 4:17 PM
Do you have a link to the download? Usually when this happens it's either a paid content with some big locking system, a store item, or just someone who has no idea what they're doing and for some reason managed to get it run in-game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:27 AM
Virtual gardener
#13 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 6:17 PM
Ah wait, I guess that's my bad, Ts3 and 4 bones aren't the same so assigning them wouldn't work well unfortunetally. I remember back when I made this: X

What I did here, since I didn't want to have the arms to be movable, since... well it's a baby wrapped in a blanket, I had to redo most of the bones. So in your case, you wanna assing the bones first, doesn't matter what reference mesh, as long as it copies the bones in order to edit it milkshape. Which is of course done with meshtoolkit

Now, what you want to do, and what I did with this specific download, is to open your milkshape and import your mesh's WSO file. From here you want to readjust your own (See this link on how to do this: http://simplyplaying.tumblr.com/pos...ne-reassignment) so in your case you want to, well, have like one right leg and no left leg I think. Unless the animation is made for that, then I have no idea. Else it's worth checking out EA's mermaid tail and use that as a reference mesh, or well, use the bones
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 9:49 PM
The link to the tutorial is very helpful thank you, but how do I get the bones or mesh for EA's mermaid tail because I have never seen it in TSR Workshop? Also I just wanted to say thank you for helping me so much and that I'm sorry for asking so many questions all the time.
Virtual gardener
#15 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:43 PM Last edited by Lyralei : 9th Feb 2018 at 3:44 PM. Reason: Woops, added link now
Oh no it's fine, I've been there myself once upon a time, asking tons of questions! Although in my case, I always got one answer and was left with tons of other ones. So I guess that keeps me around in the create forums to avoid that and to at least provide some useful information for people to also find whenever googling the issue.

Anyways, I'm not sure if you have Island paradise, though I got the WSO file for you right here to make things much easier in case you don't

To do this, go to meshtoolkit's 'auto tools for WSO' and in the bones tab (Although you might want the morphs as well, might make things easier ) and put the mermaid reference.wso in the 'reference' text field, and your wso right under it. and that should do it!
Now if you import it into TSRW you might notice how there are feet and some textures bleeding right onto it. EA made sure that if your sim turns into a mermaid, the feet are gone, so don't worry about that! Although if it's a normal sim wearing it, you might have some interesting results... although then that would also be the case with real mermaids that somehow manages to walk on land! :P
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Mermaid reference.zip (172.5 KB, 22 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 7:07 PM
Thank you very much, I'll let you know if I need anymore help later on.