Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#76 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 7:40 AM
Thank you everyone for the comments.
@lordtyger9, Yes Aran is a hybrid. His mother was an abductee in the original hood.
@Charmful, Kieran named his bird Kaido. (the name popped in my head, so the name stuck).
@bbostic8, You are correct, Abby dosen't have a job, yet. I like my families to have healthy marriages most times.
However, I do plan on throwing a couple of twists in their lives. So far I have been giving in to my pixels and they get what they want. But, that will change soon.

My Sim Play found Here
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#77 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 4:07 AM
I must say how sorry I am for not keeping up with gameplay lately. Things in RL at the moment has my attention. My 86 year old grandmother has suffered a severe stroke.
But for now, heres how the families are faring with their lives.

First up, the Collins Family

While the boys are at school and Aran is at work, Abby goes out for a bit of retail therapy.

She takes a walk to the local park in the hopes of catching a fresh fish for dinner, (her hobby is Cuisine) but instead gets side tracked with the arrival of a heavily pregnant Jenny.

Getting home from her outing, she found Claire waiting out the front. Over a salad Abby is shocked to hear of Claire's little personal dilemma.

Its that time of the afternoon when the family all get home. Looks like the boys have brought friends home. Liam runs straight to dad while Henry gets right into the rough stuff.

While Abby relaxes a little after dinner, Henry jumps up beside and starts asking questions about his time as a toddler.

Brothers squeezing a bit of tv time in after their homework and before they hit the hay.

Now theres time for Aran and Abby to spend a little quality time together. Cuddling under the stars.
(Abby rolled a fear of having a baby.)

Next we have the Howard Family

Kieran gets home late from work, but daughter Alana always waits up for her dad to say goodnight.

"Umm, hello, are you listening?" Sorry Claire, hubbys in the zone.

He spend the best half of his day at Sues Secret Kitchen, where he won first prize. ( Bit of a toss attitude don't you think buddy?)

I have no idea why he was giggling about Claire.

Maybe it was the fact she was pregnant? Don't get sooo excited Kieran.

Alana is doing great at school. She got her A report back.

And finally, we have the Peterson Family

Dad always has time to play with his princess Vera. Rain, hail, whatever the weather.

Jimmy gets to spend his day off from work, tidying up and repairing appliances.

Saturday, and Jenny decides to get Vera out of the house. So where else to go on such a fine day? To fulfill Vera's want to fish.

A typical evening in this house.

Next day, Vera brought a friend home. Love the facials of a pillow fight.

And first pop. Guess daddy was too hungry to notice.

I will still keep updating, but it may or may not be as often as I wish I could. I hope you have enjoyed the small update.
Yes Claire is not handling life very well at the moment, and with another child on the way who knows whats going through her mind.
Until next. :lovestruc

My Sim Play found Here
Forum Resident
#78 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 9:34 PM
So I caught up on the whole thread. I was really sorry to hear about your laptop incidents (I felt deep phantom pains. I'm so sorry that happened to you!).

But, you're story is wonderful! Besides your lovely pics, the story is pretty interesting and funny except for the biochem accident. I started tearing up!

I do feel for Claire though. Sees like if her hubby doesn't start paying attention, things won't end well on his end.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Link Ninja
#79 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 2:29 AM
Yeah Claire's hubby is kind of a jerk! Laughing at her preggo-ness and he seems to have a bad attitude--kind of too cocky. Don't apologize for not keeping up with your thread, sometimes RL just happens, we understand I think Abby is soooo pretty :lovestruc

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#80 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 5:28 PM
Pillow fights and water balloon fights are fun, and I always like to see kids playing.

Abby had a busy day, and managed to be there for everyone who needed her. She seems like someone everyone can, and does, depend on.

Alana is a bit of a Daddy's Girl, huh? I like those special relationships, in real life and in my game. It looks like Vera has that with her father, as well.

I hope Claire's hubby straightens himself out soon and appreciates what he has.
Top Secret Researcher
#81 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 6:42 PM
@LilKiwi Real Life things do intrude on game play, that is the way it is. Please don't be concerned about updating frequently, hopefully your grandmother is recovering.

The Collins Family
Aran and Abby look like they are doing well and their kids are looking good too.

What is Jenny's last name?

The Howard Family
Alana is very sweet, she must be quite the daddy's girl.
Kieran does look like he was bragging about the win at Sue's Secret Kitchen.

Maybe Kieran wants another child?

The Peterson Family
I am glad that Jimmy takes time to play with Vera, I imagine that Vera really loves it.

I frequently have my Sims fish either on their lot if there is room for a fish pond or I take them to a Community lot Downtown and go to one of the parks.

I am guessing that Vera only once in a while brings a friend home from school. I have a Mod that has my Sims bring someone home more often, I like that.

I think that Jimmy will notice that his wife is getting big with a baby soon enough. He does seem to be a good father.

I like your updates a lot :lovestruc and I will wait patiently for your next one.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#82 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 7:19 AM
Hello to everyone. At last I have time for an update. But first, @lordtyger9, Jenny's last name is Peterson. Wife to Jimmy.
So, Henry, Liam, Vera and Alana reached their teens very well. I sent them all to college where they boarded together in a rental. And I am happy to say they all managed to graduate. (I have a mod that shortens each semester, as I haven't quite warmed to Uni. Yet.)
And without further ado, I have pictures to share..

Liam Collins (Teen)

Liam was the first to arrive to Uni, and immediately set to choosing a major.

Alana Howard (Teen)

Then we have Alana

Henry Collins (Teen)

Followed by Henry, who decided to hunt bugs before doing anything else..

Vera Peterson (Teen)

And last to arrive is Vera

Some photos of the shenanigans only had in Uni

Next update will be of the parents and how life went on without the teens.

My Sim Play found Here
Field Researcher
#83 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 7:32 PM
Looks like the kids are getting settled in at Uni pretty well.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#84 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 4:06 AM
In this catch up we have new additions to the families, YA return home, and the aging of their parents.
First we have the Jimmy and Jenny Peterson
They have another beautiful little girl they named Violet. Jenny and Jimmy were good parents. Jimmy worked hard while Jenny stayed home as Jimmy earned enough to keep them, but not enough to hire a nanny.

Jenny teaches Violet to walk. Successfully. One down, two to go.

While her mother is busy with household chores, little Violet entertains herself.

Time to learn how to go potty.

'Can you say DADA?'...

Vera returns home late at night to find her mother still up.

And dad just getting in from work.
Over the next few days, Jimmy and Jenny became elders and little Violet grew to a lovely child

Aran and Abby Collins
Before the boys left for college, Abby gave birth to a sweet girl they called Elsie

Like Jenny, Abby remained at home for husband was making enough money and some. Abby did not need a nanny to help her.

All toddler basics were taught by Abby alone. She raised two sons, so this round was a walk in the park.

Even when Elsie was sleeping, Abby still had time and energy to clean, and have quality husband time.

It was Henry that bonded with Elsie when he returned from college.

And so it is, that Aran and Abby gracefully became elders when Elsie became a little lady.

Liam did not return to his parents home, instead he found a small place where he could do his own thing.

Kieran and Claire Howard

Welcome to pixel world Kevin. Yes the howards have a son. (notice DAD)

Because dads a bit of a dick, its left to Claire to teach the basics to their son.

Kieran shows more attention to Kaido, than he does to his family.

And so Kevin became a strapping young boy, before his parents aged to elders.

I don't think Claire transitioned very well. She had so many wants that were left unfulfilled.

Kevin wants to know why his father shows more love to the bird than him. 'Does he make money racing?'

So, where my hood is placed is a little out of sync. My elders are retired, the young ones are thriving at school, and the now adults are still trying to figure out what to do. Vera and Henry have a 'thing' going on, while Alana and Liam have found a common bond through their intellect and have become quite fond of each other.
Who knows how things will turn out. And what will become of them in the event of their parents passing.

My Sim Play found Here
Top Secret Researcher
#85 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LilKiwi
Hello to everyone. At last I have time for an update. But first, @lordtyger9, Jenny's last name is Peterson. Wife to Jimmy.
So, Henry, Liam, Vera and Alana reached their teens very well. I sent them all to college where they boarded together in a rental. And I am happy to say they all managed to graduate. (I have a mod that shortens each semester, as I haven't quite warmed to Uni. Yet.)

I am back to regular posting as my Partner is out of the Hospital and she is home now.

Me I love Uni. Take some time and you get used to it and it is fun to expore the various options. I decided to have every playable sim join a Greek House and become a member of the Secret Society for example.

Glad that they all managed to graduate.

The pictures are quite nice.

I don't worry much about keeping households in synch as I just view everything as snapshots in Einsteinian time.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Field Researcher
#86 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 4:00 PM
Violet and Elsie are cuties, and have some good, caring parents. Poor Kevin, with his father living right in the house yet still mostly absent from his life.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#87 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 12:33 AM
Apologies, for my absence. There has been so much happening in RL, that I just had no energy to do anything for myself. In saying that, a VBT happened with a couple of my pixel families (don't know what.) But my game kept crashing , which has left me trying to save Henry and his young sibling Elsie Collins from doom. Funny thing is, the back-up hood got wiped from external save and the file on PC (Thanks son), but a hood I created aaaages ago surfaced, and so, that will be the new hood for Henry and Elsie. If I don't succeed transporting them safely from one to the other, I will have no choice but to recreate them. I really want them to keep their memories if I can work out how to do it the hard, yet, safe way. I cannot say how long it'll take me, but it will happen.
Until then, and while I'm here, it seems I have a LOT of catching up with everyones threads.
Warmest regards
LilKiwi

My Sim Play found Here
Top Secret Researcher
#88 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LilKiwi
Apologies, for my absence. There has been so much happening in RL, that I just had no energy to do anything for myself. In saying that, a VBT happened with a couple of my pixel families (don't know what.) But my game kept crashing , which has left me trying to save Henry and his young sibling Elsie Collins from doom. Funny thing is, the back-up hood got wiped from external save and the file on PC (Thanks son), but a hood I created aaaages ago surfaced, and so, that will be the new hood for Henry and Elsie. If I don't succeed transporting them safely from one to the other, I will have no choice but to recreate them. I really want them to keep their memories if I can work out how to do it the hard, yet, safe way. I cannot say how long it'll take me, but it will happen.
Until then, and while I'm here, it seems I have a LOT of catching up with everyones threads.
Warmest regards
LilKiwi

I complety understand about RL troubles.

Next time you do your back up lock the back up away or use a write once CD or DVD disk for the back up.

I have had to restart my game 3 times for various reasons, but that was before I did back ups each time I quit the game for a little while.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#89 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 6:18 AM
Henry and Elsie Collins

Its a new life away from New Bay which was not the place Henry really wanted to raise his sister Elsie. Well not since the ordeal he and the children went through years ago. The memories still haunted him.

Elsie seemed to be doing well, she didn't know the true reason as to why they left New Bay. But she seemed to be settling in.

Well, maybe it wasn't the nicest start to their new life.

Anna Andrews

Born and raised here on the small island. She was a strange one as the locals put it. She was born into wealth, yet preferred the simple life.

She had a lot to learn now she had been cut off from her family and their money. But she was happy and content.

Perhaps people thought she was strange because she seemed detached, and nothing really got to her.

So this is the latest update from me. Hope you enjoyed. Unfortunately MYP is down so I've had to use a different image host.
There will be more to come. :D

My Sim Play found Here
Top Secret Researcher
#90 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 8:54 PM
@LilKiwi

The Server that had MYP died a horrible death and I think the code that did the log in and the uploading might have been lost, anyway it is uncertain whether MYP will ever be back in full. Might be some other solution created, but that is uncertain.

I like Henry and Elsie Collins, great little girl Elsie is and well they should have had an alarm.

I like Anna Andrews as well and good thing she had an alarm.

I like your captioning text on your pictures, it is cool.

It was a good update LilKiwi, thanks.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#91 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@LilKiwi
The Server that had MYP died a horrible death and I think the code that did the log in and the uploading might have been lost, anyway it is uncertain whether MYP will ever be back in full. Might be some other solution created, but that is uncertain.

Oh my. I use post image for now. I actually like how easy and no fuss it is to use. Dont have to sign up for registration. simple. And thank you for your kind comment. Glad you like it.

My Sim Play found Here

Page 4 of 4