Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 8:28 PM
Default Making animation loop until canceled via queue
I'm creating poseboxes again.

I need to know how to make a pose loop indefinitely, until it's canceled in the queue. (Not by start/stop.)

I can't seem to find this information anywhere, and I've tried looking at others' poseboxes to study the BHAVs, but they're all made differently.

I'm still relatively new at this but I really don't want to follow a tutorial that has nothing to do with what I'm doing if I don't have to ... I'm much more likely to get confused that way

Check out Picking Up the Pieces
(Chapter 4 PART TWO posted 9/16/12)
~~~~
Quote:
"Jean-Luc, we're only moving six hundred people." ~Admiral Dougherty
"How many people does it take before it becomes wrong? Hmm? A thousand? Fifty thousand? A million? How many people does it take, Admiral!?" ~Picard
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 12:14 AM
Hi Caren,

You can still use start and stop, you just need to use them inside the same interaction, so that the stop only gets run after the user cancels the interaction.

There's some information about canceling out of interactions in this tutorial:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=142907
The relevant part is towards the end, "Creating Error Free Loops". The "Wait For Notify" command is the one which allows you to do something when a user cancels the interaction.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 7:03 AM
Thanks! You're awesome! I'l try that out and see if I do it right It looks simple, and you've explained it well ...

~~~~
Quote:
"How many people does it take before it becomes wrong? Hmm? A thousand? Fifty thousand? A million? How many people does it take, Admiral!?" ~Picard
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 12:47 AM
Just wanted to reply to this again. I got it to work *perfectly* right on the first try. I even had to start the object from scratch (because it ended up not being base-game compatible the first time) and I didn't run into any problems at all. Thanks for the clearly written tutorial :D

~~~~
Quote:
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 1:12 PM
You are very welcome! (I'm envious, I *never* get objects right the first try!)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 6:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
You are very welcome! (I'm envious, I *never* get objects right the first try!)

Lol, I think I'm envious of my own success too I have something else I've tried to fix at least 6 times so far, and started from scratch twice ... lol

~~~~
Quote: