Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 5:44 PM Last edited by CoffeenSimming : 25th Feb 2019 at 7:49 PM. Reason: Added talk speech bubbles as sell
Default How does everyone interpret the thought and speech bubbles in their game?
Just a fun discussion on thought bubble icons. I love hearing how people play and their style of games. How do you interpret the thought icons and speech icons in your story? Do you use them ? Ignore them ?

I have not played in some time, slowly coming back, but one of the things that I remember is feeling uncreative with the thought bubbles. I just have a short attention span with sticking to playing in general and looking for new ideas to try a new approach.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 6:01 PM
They're pretty much background noise that occasionally catch my interest. Either funny - sims dreaming of themselves or confirming the story I already have in mind - sort of things. I like them but I don't bend myself into shapes trying to make sense of them or incorporate them into my play.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 7:10 PM
I don't really watch the thought bubbles except to check if someone's wishing for another person.

The ones I watch are the 'talk' bubbles. In Farnham sex is a major topic on everyone's tongue.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 7:12 PM
I don't interpret, I go with what's exactly in the thought bubble, and when my kids are watching, we voice over and everyone laughs.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 7:46 PM
Good point I am going to edit my original post to both talk and thought. I thought of them as being the same.

Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I don't really watch the thought bubbles except to check if someone's wishing for another person.

The ones I watch are the 'talk' bubbles. In Farnham sex is a major topic on everyone's tongue.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#6 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 11:08 PM
I love your questions now this may sound strange it's like I know what the Sims are saying when they talk, yet I don't know. I just know ( lol )
I always notice their thoughts bubble it's another way to tell what they are thinking, they seem to tell the whole world in their bubble especially after having a woohoo. it's on their mind all day. hahahah

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 2:19 AM
I remember seeing a cat having a nightmare about a spray bottle. There aren't even any spray bottles in the game. XD
Scholar
#8 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 4:28 AM
I mostly ignore them, except when a ghost kept having a thought bubble of his son's new kitten with a red x over it. Couldn't have a ghost intent on murdering a kitten, so the ghost had to go (it was a while ago, so I'm afraid I probably deleted the tombstone).
Theorist
#9 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 7:17 AM
I interpret them as "my Sims are talking and the game throws symbols into the speech bubbles so that it looks better", nothing more. Also most of the time when they are talking I'm busy doing other things or look at the animations rather than the bubbles.
Occasionally when something really surreal is produced by that system, I will make fun of it. Like yesterday a (full) alien sim had his first proper conversation with his wife's teenage daughter (from her first marriage) And the topic he started out with was "Making Out" (so his memory of making out with her mother) So I assumed that he was awkwardly talking to her about "that thing you hyoomans do when you lock lips and exchange saliva. Boy it sure is fun! Your mother and I greatly enjoyed it!" Of course, since memories (I think) always create a positive reaction in a conversation, the daughter reacted positively instead of getting embarrassed/weirded out, "Yeah you go, Alien-Dad!"
*studio audience laughs* *freeze frame* *cheesy 80s soundtrack*
But like that's an exception.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 10:04 AM
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 1:28 PM
I only pay attention to them if I'm watching the sims in question for a while. Sometimes I'll try to interpret them as full conversations if they seem interesting--or especially if they seem unrelated. Woohoo Heart and School Bus may seem an awkward combination at first, but Ingrid was just asking her wife Holly whether they should teach Woohoo Ed in school--considering she's the town's schoolteacher, after all.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Instructor
#12 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 4:44 PM
I saw a pink box with a bandage over it. Never seen it before. What's that?
Scholar
#13 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 2:45 PM
Usually I assume the Sims know what each other are talking about and don't me to know. If I think I *do* need to know, I look at the situation and think what is likely to be a possible and interesting conversation they could be having.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
I saw a pink box with a bandage over it. Never seen it before. What's that?

Couples counseling. Somebody recently learned it, received it, or needed it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 10:09 PM
I use them to help me know the sim better, add it to story, sometimes I will watch and see what comes up for amusement sake. Sometimes I decide they are literal and sometimes the same symbol can mean different things, it depends on the sim using it. What sims talk and argue about is in the interest panel. I use a default set now.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~