Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#76 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
No I explicitly deleted just one family and my game was clean up to this point so I have no idea what even happened in my game and how corruption spread but for some weird reason symptoms did appear in the other hoods as well and now none of them are playable. Even the ones I haven't played in after I started the corruption. All of them return a crash. It's bizarre.

likely installation files were affected.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#77 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 11:32 PM
I guess corruption was just a faster way to the demise of my game XD
Test Subject
#78 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 10:49 PM
When I played sims 2 I was a kid I never heard anything about corruption (except messing with universal npcs) and maybe I've corrupted my neighborhood but I don't remember seeing anything weird. I also didn't play too much, since my computer could not handle and I always had to wait an eternity to do anything.

But I don't get why everyone says sims 3 is glitchy, because I played for more than 4 years and I did not see any bugs. I used nraas and the only problem I've seen was that the game would crash in the buy mode with no reason, but it stopped.

Now, my computer is old and I'm waiting to buy a new one so I can play again. I'm playing sims 2 on a laptop and I always use hood checker and I ALWAYS have some degree of corruption "sim x doesn't exist", "sim y has relationship with itself". I think ts3 is better, but I've never played sims 4 though.
Top Secret Researcher
#79 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 1:28 PM
Ts3 and 4 have problems with simulation setback because it's ran on a different thread than the renderer and graphic data, sims 4 goes around this by still animating the sims while the simulation halts (thus no robotic sims like in sims 3) and it also reverses time if the simulation halts for a long time but, overall, queueing actions in sims 4 is just extremely slow because of the use of python for the simulation... which is generally a lot slower than, say C++ in which sims 3 simulation was written.Sims 2 does not have this because it's uses one complex scripting language designed specifically for it (well for the original sims game)... Simantics. But it's too specific and because of that was later ditched for lua for scripting new EP objects and later completely ditched for sims 3 (they needed new object/script programmers who weren't introduced to simantics, but knew other standard languages). Sims 3 also was a completely new engine of an open world game so staying with simantics would ultimately be a bad choice.

However, most of the things that introduce corruption in sims 2 weren't because of the language choice but because of the design choice... and don't forget, maxis liked to ignore corruption issues simmers had at that time, thus never really repairing the game.
Sims 3 corruption of saves is, more technical and has to do with memory ussage and storing... which is chaotically unorganized in sims 3. So usually when you try to save a game, error 12. Or the save saves but gets corrupted.
Sims 4 had no issues till recently where faulty scripting usually ended up corrupting whole saves (I really wonder what kind of people work on sims 4 where they can't scrpit an object properly).

So corruption wise, sims 2 because of it's complex design
Technically, sims 3 because of the way the whole game is coded (I really want that 64bit version it would solve all the memory issues sims 3 has)
Gameplay wise, it's sims 4 because of the language choice and overall small errors in script code (or just, you know, the limitations of the game itself)
Test Subject
#80 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kamirura
When I played sims 2 I was a kid I never heard anything about corruption (except messing with universal npcs) and maybe I've corrupted my neighborhood but I don't remember seeing anything weird. I also didn't play too much, since my computer could not handle and I always had to wait an eternity to do anything.

I feel this so much. I have a Sims 2 save from around 2011 and it's still playable even though I've moved on. I ran hood checker on one of my old neighbourhoods just for fun and found hundreds of relationship and tombstone errors. Guess I just got lucky that the saves never corrupted too badly Now with modern hardware and mods it seems easier to render the game unplayable.
Helptato
#81 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 8:23 PM
The worst corruption I ever experienced was on a old legacy neighbourhood. I stupidly did deleteallcharacters before beginning and made it to gen 6 before the issues started. Odd little glitches now and again, then I had to move my legacy family to a new lot because it was glitchy. By gen 8 I was experiencing disappearing Sims. I made it to generation 10, but by then the neighbourhood was toast. Really sad because not only did I lose the neighbourhood and family, their story died with the Exchange. Thankfully I had the sense to make a video about the family after completing the challenge so I have proof I even did it!

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 8:28 PM
My mom was recently telling me about her experiences with the game, when I was young. She never used mods or custom content - just didn't see the point. She remembers moving Sims from one neighbourhood to another, having Sims vanish from the families, but being the person she is, she just... Ignored it. Played different families. We don't have that neighbourhood anymore, and I doubt we would have for much longer!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 9:29 PM
If you had a backup, that might be the safest way to get your hood back, and i think I read about a program to get SimPE to read your neighbourhood again, but I don't know if it'd be salvageable at that point.
And I'd imagine that makes sense, the game just deleting old Sims

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Scholar
#84 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Has anyone ever tried to repair a neighborhood which disappears from the NH menu? I wonder if you could repair it and keep playing it...

Sometimes when saving a large file like a neighbourhood with SimPE it'll throw an error like out of memory but enable you to continue. If you continue and successfully save the file it'll probably be totally corrupt with a lot of parts unreadable by both the game and SimPe, that kind of corruption easily recognised by the 'gobblygoop' parts inside and is unrecoverable. However I have never seen a neighbourhood that's gone wonky from normal (or abnormal) game play that can't be repaired.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 3:07 AM
That's good to know! I think I may have made a mistake like that in SimPE the other day, fingers crossed it turned out alright!

Scholar
#86 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 5:12 PM
The bug that annoys me most on Sims 4 is that often, the pause button only pauses the game for a few seconds. However, this is not corruption, and I've yet to see anything I can identify as corruption. On the other hand, I don't know what sort of things might set off corruption. This worries me, because I prefer to have some idea of how things are constructed. I have this with Sims 2, even though I've written off hoods many times had 11 re-installs (only one in the last two years, though, and that was to change the computer it was installed upon...) and once had a go at the Fastest Sims 2 Game Write-Off Ever (I managed it in 60 seconds by trying to make the Grim Reaper a sophomore biology student...)
Page 4 of 4