Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 5:43 PM Last edited by crochetedm516 : 21st Mar 2019 at 10:38 PM.
Trying to download via firefox, package files not recognized
I had to reset some things on my computer. I had to recreate a new desktop and also uninstall-reinstall firefox.

Previously, my settings worked for downloading files for sims4. (.zip, .7z, .rar, .package, etc.)

However, after having to reset and reinstall, i can't get firefox to "Do This Automatically for Files Like This from Now On" for package files. It worked before, i have followed firefox's steps.

It will not not let me tick that box for that option. i never had this problem before.

EDIT: (All of a sudden it started working. I don't know what happened but just out of the blue it was no longer disabled.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 6:30 PM
Do "save as" when you download. A lot of TS4 creators upload their files as package files, so make sure you save them instead of opening them. Not sure what to do with the Firefox settings, but this method works fine for me.

If the files are archive files, you may want to get 7zip (free, open-source unzipping/archiving program). It opens pretty much anything.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 6:46 PM Last edited by crochetedm516 : 21st Mar 2019 at 10:39 PM.
I have the seetttings on "save as" but i have to click "ok" on everything in package format.

7z, zip, rar all download straight to downloads folder without having to click "ok" every time i download something.

EDIT: (All of a sudden it started working. I don't know what happened but just out of the blue it was no longer disabled.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 7:02 PM Last edited by crochetedm516 : 21st Mar 2019 at 10:39 PM.
Here are 2 screenshots for example....

before i reset/reinstalled, i had no problems with this. I ticked "do this automatically from now on" for package files--all files in regards to sims 4, and it would download as soon as i clicked on "download".... this time around i can't seem to set it permanently so that box does not come up when downloading package files.

Screenshots