Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#926 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 8:55 PM Last edited by Morphar : 1st Dec 2018 at 12:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Is anyone else having an issue with the hand slider not working with tedw's updated version? I thought I'd give it a try yesterday, but the command isn't working - at least not for me. Am I inputting it wrong?
The command I've always used - and am still using - is add_slider hand (whatever number). I even tried add_slider hands... but neither work. Any advice??

I checked this and add_slider hand is not working. It is not even recognized as a command. The message "Add Sim Attribut" is not even shown so it is not executed. I decompiled and compiled the compiled code from tedw and that got through without errors. It needs some tweeking but use luumias mods while tedw do more important work with the height slider.

The script for the hand is in the AddSimSlider.py and the height in HeightModule.py.

I atached the AddSimSlider.py if somone will have look.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AddSimSlider.zip (1.6 KB, 1404 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Scholar
#927 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 11:20 PM
Many thanks to you @Morphar for having a look at the code - and for pointing me in the direction of luumia's hand mod; that will do nicely until tedw has a look/fixes the hand command. Thanks again!

...Titanium white...
Scholar
#928 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tedw
Can you tell me what was going on in your game at the time your exception file happened? Aging up, using the cheat, etc? I haven't experienced this error in my game.

Is anyone else experiencing random changes to sim heights?

Some evidence:

Note that they change several times the same day.
I started to run without the mod and all was default height.
Reinstalled the mod and they changed height after a while.
Played this time without the Growth.package.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#929 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Some evidence:

Note that they change several times the same day.
I started to run without the mod and all was default height.
Reinstalled the mod and they changed height after a while.
Played this time without the Growth.package.

My teenage sims got same problem they just got random height without growth pack.
Test Subject
#930 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 9:10 AM
Hi there !

I wanted to thank you a lot @tedw for the update of this mod. I have modified it a while ago on the bones side (so I could lift sims from the ground, shrink them back to size and change the hip gap) and didn't want to screw up my game with the update not knowing if I could fix the script side of it myself.

Love the project of adding Pie menus for changing the height to allow customization of sims not in the household, that is puuurfect !
If you could have the best of both worlds maybe by adding one of the pie menu for custom height (with an dialog box for an input value).
I imagine you already have that in mind as well, but, well, just suggesting in case that would not be so.

Thanks again for fixing that, Could update my game without losing the about 200 modified sims height+lift from my game. <3
Scholar
#931 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 10:14 AM
Any progress tedw? Christmas present?
Lab Assistant
#932 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 10:37 PM
Thank you Tedw for updating the height slider! :lovestruc I haven't been in the save I adjust heights in for several months and almost cried realizing the old one didn't work anymore! While I do think the pie menu idea is neat can you please leave those of us with precise measurements the ability to adjust through the cheats menu? And speaking of which, if you're interested in the numbers I use I have them charted from 15 months old to YA. I adjust them manually for an entire neighborhood of like 100 sims. I did quite a bit of testing to make sure things like hugs and kisses line up between shortest and tallest.

Sims Blog: Stormy Dayz Gamez
Test Subject
#933 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 7:54 PM
tedw's height slider isn't working for me. I absolutely see no menu that says "Change Height" or anything correlated with it. I thought the issue was with my other mods, so I took out my other height mods and the issue still persisted. And just to clarify, I put it in a folder because that's how I keep most of my mods organised; with the OP mod, this was not an issue, so I figured this would also not be an issue. However I did notice, via MC CC mods, that changing the size of the feet worked by value.

I've tried some other mods here too and maybe a month ago the scripts for the add_slider height/hand/neck etc stopped working. I prefer the scripts a lot more than a menu, but I'm open to anything that would revive the OP's mod or acts similar. Can anyone help?
Scholar
#934 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cetait
tedw's height slider isn't working for me. I absolutely see no menu that says "Change Height" or anything correlated with it. I thought the issue was with my other mods, so I took out my other height mods and the issue still persisted. And just to clarify, I put it in a folder because that's how I keep most of my mods organised; with the OP mod, this was not an issue, so I figured this would also not be an issue. However I did notice, via MC CC mods, that changing the size of the feet worked by value.

I've tried some other mods here too and maybe a month ago the scripts for the add_slider height/hand/neck etc stopped working. I prefer the scripts a lot more than a menu, but I'm open to anything that would revive the OP's mod or acts similar. Can anyone help?

There are no "change height" menu released yet. tedw just got the old one to work for now.

Quote:
I know people are keen to use the updated version so they can get back to playing their games! I'm happy to post a version that uses only the cheat console method so nobody has to wait for me to experiment/implement the new options
Test Subject
#935 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 8:23 PM
Is there any progress on the neck/hand/bulge slider working after that November patch? It gives the error "Scum_log" any time its entered.
Scholar
#936 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrFantabulous
Is there any progress on the neck/hand/bulge slider working after that November patch? It gives the error "Scum_log" any time its entered.

Any log file created The Sims 4 folder?
Post it!

no progress as none is even working on it and tedw is probably ded,
Test Subject
#937 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 8:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TrebleRose89
For me, this mod doesn't work for two reasons. #1, Having to go into CAS to change the heights. I use this mod for white I screenshot my story, and whenever I use a pose, I need to revert the sims back to default height so that the pose lines up well, then put them back to their normal heights when I'm done posing and go back to using in-game animations. It would be too much of a hassle to go into CAS every time. And #2 is consistency, as you can't just memorize a height number for each sim like you can with this mod.
I know I'm a little late to this party (having come by this version of height sliders by way of TurboDriver not being able to support the (working!) feet method of height sliders, and I saw your comment.

If you use MCCC, you can use MC CAS to set the feet to a specific size - no command line needed.

Just triple click to select all, and set your value by hand.

That said, I'm starting to dig into the various versions of python files to see what I can find, as well. Python isn't my first language, but the samples I've seen are (if anything) even easier to understand than the javascript I'm used to working with at the Day J-O-B.
Test Subject
#938 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 11:14 AM
Well, I spent the weekend diving into Python, and all the iterations built on top of simmysims original code, and have come up with a solid feature set for a set of "Full Life Cycle" Height Sliders.

If I can work out how to implement them all, these are the features I've identified in my Trello Board so far.

* Toddlers would remain unchanged.
* If you can adjust the size of Children, they would start out slightly taller than Toddlers and would gain 1/x height every day, where x is the number of days you have it set before their Cake Day.
* Children would end at the same height as a -100 height Young Adult/Adult/Elder (i.e. 4' 6" / 139cm) if you can adjust the Child size.
* Teens would start out at -100 height on their birthday. (i.e. 4'6"/139cm) if you can adjust size as a child, OR start out at whatever -x size = the size of a 0 size Child - whichever way works so no teen gets smaller from blowing out candles. :D
* All Children, Teens, Adults, Elders would have a "target height".
* All Teens, Adults, Elders would have a "current height".
* Existing Adults and Teens will have "target height" set to their Foot Size, to retain GODJUL1 compatibility. (So Ulrike Faust from San Myshuno will continue to be a giant if you're using that height mod currently)
* Teens with Genealogy *might* (if I can work out how to positively identify the parents, then get the correct values from them) have their target height set to the "correct" value based on current "kiddo height estimators" from the sizes of their parents ((Mom height + Dad height) + 5" for boys (or -5" for girls) divided by 2.
i.e. Dad is fairly tall at +46.0 (179cm / 5' 11" ) and Mom is a little short at -31 tall (158cm / 5' 2.5"), Their sons would be about +28 tall (175cm / 5' 9") and their daughters would be about -17.71 tall (162cm / 5' 4")
* Initially, Teens would grow either 1/x (where x is the length of time before AgeUp you have set for them) per day, or 7/x once a week - the difference between their -100 height, and their target height. So teens with tall parents would grow noticeably faster.
* If I can work out the maths, I'm hoping I can do non-linear growth for Teens, since 13 year olds grow a LOT, but 17 year olds are mostly done growing. That's a "stretch goal".
* Hungry Children and Teens will not grow to their full potential. Yellow Hunger Moodlet = Target Height adjusted down by 1/2 growth amount for the day, while Red Hunger Moodlet = Target Height adjusted down by full growth amount for the day - meaning that putting your Child/Teen to bed hungry means Nurture (or the lack of) > Nature, and they'll reach their "full height" sooner.
* Teens will reach their full Adult height when they age up.
* Young Adults and Adults are normal.
* When an adult ages up to an Elder, a new target height will be set that's smaller! Elders would lose a little height each day until they are about 2-3" / 5-7cm shorter than their Adult height about 1/2 way through Elder stage.
* Planned Compatibility with adjusting height numerically at the console with (Ctrl-Shift-C) with simmysims add_slider <type> <value> command, with MCCC (MC CAS -> Set Part Value -> Foot command), and with some form of CAS pull slider for those who don't want to go "by the numbers".
* Planned player-initiated randomization of one or many Sims, based on Normal (bell curve) distribution of heights in a population, with women being -100 to +50 (representing the 1st to 99th percentile of women ranging from 4'6" / 139cm up to 5' 11.5" / 181 cm), and men being -50 to +100 (representing the 1st to 99th percentile for men ranging from 5' 0" / 152 cm up to 6' 5" / 195 cm tall)

Thoughts? Feedback?

I've got the math worked out for the math-y bits like the 'target height' when you know the heights of the parents - getting this done is a matter of me working out how to do it using the Sims-specific bits. :D
Test Subject
#939 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 6:31 PM
hi,
i don't need the gradual growth, though i think it's cool.
i am interested in the height sliders.
i was wondering which is the latest version and where can i download it?

edit: someone should start a new thread with the new download link, or edit and update the original post.
Test Subject
#940 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CallmeSimDaddy
hi,
i don't need the gradual growth, though i think it's cool.
i am interested in the height sliders.
i was wondering which is the latest version and where can i download it?

edit: someone should start a new thread with the new download link, or edit and update the original post.

* If you're not using WickedWhims, the best combination is GODJUL1's 'heightslider1teens.zip' fork of the sliders in the OP. Use MCCC -> MC CAS -> Set Part Value to set the foot size to whatever numeric size you want for specific sims. With the GODJUL1 sliders, you won't need to set heights by hand often, because every "Townie" will have their height automatically adjusted based on their existing Foot value with this version.

* However, If you're using WickedWhims and want a compatible height slider that works (for the moment), tedw's fork of the sliders in the OP from Post 891 or so worked when I put them in last night, but you have to adjust every sim by hand at the console, it seems. I haven't worked out how to use the 'hall' (height - all) in my test game yet. These do NOT have the Pie Menu as shown in the screenshots - they're just an updated version of the console-updater version in the OP.
Scholar
#941 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 10:09 PM
Well, better late than never. Finally someone that can read and understand Python.
I'm used to Perl but it is still difficult to read and understand others code..

i did an experiment to try to find out what the trait "Theo_SliderMod_HeightVariance" do that some sims get.
I made a separate .package of the .xml file so I can switch it on/off. No difference found.
Can you see what that trait is doing?
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...646#post5470646

Question:
I use WW, MCC and tedw's mod. I still use the feet slider in CAS when I make my own sims that is not very often.
I let the mod randomize the heights automatically.
Can't I use the trick with Set part value in MC to set the height numerically when using tedw's mod too?
Test Subject
#942 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 2:15 AM
I just tried using MCCC to set the foot size on one of my sims, and their height did not change.

The version I'm looking at right now seems like the adjustment is made with setModifierWithSimInfo(modifierstring, amount, SimInfo): So, setModifierWithSimInfo height -25 Cassandra Goth - if I'm reading it right.
Scholar
#943 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonathonbarton
I just tried using MCCC to set the foot size on one of my sims, and their height did not change.

The version I'm looking at right now seems like the adjustment is made with setModifierWithSimInfo(modifierstring, amount, SimInfo): So, setModifierWithSimInfo height -25 Cassandra Goth - if I'm reading it right.

I am now starting testing again.
To start with I can verify that using GODJUL1 mod and setting feet size in MCCC between -100 to 100 will change the height of the sim.
I was quite shocked and nearly fell of the chair. Stupid me thought that the feet slider in CAS was replaced by a slider for height but it is the size of the feets that change height.

The problem with GODJUL1 and MCC solution is that people like to change both the height and size of feets on a sim.

You wrote that this will not work with WW installed. What is the consecuence if I use WW too?

Some of us just like teens to be chorter than adults. That could be done by MCCC to set feets on teens a bit shorter as default.
Test Subject
#944 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tedw
Whew! Sorry for the delayed response, everyone - I dove deep down the rabbit hole of python coding for the past few days. I even dreamed about python coding one night

The reason for the delay is because I was investigating implementing a different way of using this slider that would be more user-friendly, closer to how I would ideally have it operate as a user of the mod. It is not as complete as I would like it to be - YET - but I have to stress that because python is so new for me, progress isn't as speedy as it might be waiting for your fave modders to update their mods. They already know what they're doing and I'm still learning. So, sorry to keep everyone waiting while I experiment and test!

This is what I've come up with:

This is a sim of mine, Hannah, having her height changed in game via menu rather than the cheat console. In this case, I chose the "Shortest" menu option, which set her height to -100.

And this is Hannah talking to a random sim passing by - a sim who is not part of the household! - whose height I am also changing via the menu.

I thought this would be a friendlier option that could replace the cheat console for a lot of users. PLEASE READ THIS: This does not represent the full planned scope of the menu system! I definitely know that users need a way to set a custom height rather than being forced to use presets, and I am working on implementing that. I'm just not there yet. In addition, because so much of my time has been spent setting this up to create a new pie menu, I haven't yet been able to investigate other aspects of the mod such as persistent heights after aging up and gradual height growth. They're still on the to do list (although gradual height growth may be beyond my ability to correct for the patch/python update...).

I know people are keen to use the updated version so they can get back to playing their games! I'm happy to post a version that uses only the cheat console method so nobody has to wait for me to experiment/implement the new options.

So: feedback? Is this something others are interested in using, or is it just me? I like the clean look of the menu, but would others prefer the presets to state the number after the title, like "Shortest [-50]"? I don't want to clutter the menu, but are more presets needed than the five displayed (Shortest = -100, Short = -50, Average = 0, Tall = 50, Tallest = 100)? I'm happy to hear any thoughts about this

ETA: Updated mod attached!
This is not the pie menu mod, it's just an update to allow this mod to work with the last patch.
Unzip this file and place the contents in your Mods folder (no further than one subfolder deep). Remove previous versions of the script and sliders. If you prefer to use the altered head size sliders, simply delete Height Slider Short and Height Slider Tall and replace them. Gradual growth is not working, but I believe the other functions to work. If you encounter a problem that you didn't experience before the python patch let me know and I'll see if I can fix it, but I make no promises since I'm not the original modder.

ETA2:
Whoops! I think I forgot to include one of the mod's files in the script. If you downloaded v1, please re-download!

I'm late to the party but how do i use this mod no pie menu shows up (I know read that you mention that it wasn't in the update) like what do i do what do type in for it to work? I click on my sim and nothing happens i need some instruction thanx!
Test Subject
#945 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 7:51 PM
I'm having a problem with tedw mod where the height won't change and i typed in the command add_slider height -50 but my sim height doesn't change at all like did i type the command wrong? This thing is getting me mad frustrated i need some help here it would be appreciated
Test Subject
#946 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 8:10 PM
Nevermind it's working i put the mod where in no folder just dragged in the mod folder as is i guess they don't work in an sub folder (shrugs)
Scholar
#947 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heliel22
Nevermind it's working i put the mod where in no folder just dragged in the mod folder as is i guess they don't work in an sub folder (shrugs)

Script files works in Mods folder or in one subfolder to Mods.
Test Subject
#948 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 8:18 PM Last edited by jonathonbarton : 23rd Apr 2019 at 8:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
To start with I can verify that using GODJUL1 mod and setting feet size in MCCC between -100 to 100 will change the height of the sim.
The problem with GODJUL1 and MCC solution is that people like to change both the height and size of feets on a sim.

Yes. GODJUL1 has always worked for me - and you can definitely set height with a number using MCCC -> MCCC CAS -> Set Part Value -> Feet to a number you like.

If you want realistic heights for your Sims:
* Women should average -20 in height (5'4") and 70% should be between -60 (4'11") and +25 (5'9") with a very small number below -60 or above +25,
* Men should average +25 in height (5'9") and 70% should be between -20 (5'4") and +60 (6'1") with a very small number below -20 or above +60.
* Teens should start at -60 when they first age up, and you can adjust them manually every once in a while.
* If you know the mother and father's heights you can use a (complicated!) formula to figure out what the final "adult" height of the child will be, based on pediatric "height prediction" formulas you can google...

Girls: ((((((167+(0.28*(DadHeight)))+(167+(0.28*(MomHeight))))-13)/2)-167)/0.28)
Boys: ((((((167+(0.28*(DadHeight)))+(167+(0.28*(MomHeight))))+13)/2)-167)/0.28)

Explanation:
100 height is 195cm - that's a man taller than 99% of men at 6'5" tall.
-100 height is 139cm - that's a woman shorter than 99% of women at 4'6" tall.
0 height is 167 cm - that's the average combined height of men and women in North America/Western Europe - it's 5'6" tall.
every + or - 1 away from 0 height is .28cm

The formula is (DadsHeight + MomsHeight + 13cm /2) for boys and (DadsHeight + MomsHeight - 13cm /2) for girls. All the extra stuff in the formula is the conversion from cm to Sims -100 to +100 scale.

Quote:
You wrote that this will not work with WW installed. What is the consequence if I use WW too?

WW now adjusts "tall" and "short" sims to be the same height for the WW animations - but not if you use GODJUL1's mod, because Turbodriver won't support an "override" method of setting height. So you'll get the same mismatched animations you've always gotten if you had a height mod + WW. Nothing new there.

But if you use one of the "supported" height mods, WW will make your Sims both ±0 height while the animation is playing, so they line up, then set them back to their different heights once the animations are done.
Test Subject
#949 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 3:28 PM Last edited by Wihi : 27th Apr 2019 at 5:42 PM.
Default Hand Slider updated
Y'all I done did a quick and dirty edit and turned the Hand Slider feature into a legit standalone slider because ain't nobody on this forum cared enough to fix the broken script of the Hand Slider from a few updates ago. I know there are already legit hand sliders out there (Luumia's) but his sliders don't make the hands big enough imho. This slider is also standalone, meaning that you don't need the rest of the Neck/Height/Bulge sliders or their scripts.

Use them by sliding the upper arm/bicep area up and down to increase/decrease the size of the hands. Your sims gotta be facing forward in CAS to access the sliders. These only work on male TYAE sims because I don't really care for female sims and big hands for men are a MUST.

Btw this one will work with (and complement) the aforementioned Luumia hand sliders perfectly.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SimShenko-Hand Slider.zip (496 Bytes, 506 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#950 Old 8th May 2019 at 6:12 PM
* However, If you're using WickedWhims and want a compatible height slider that works (for the moment), tedw's fork of the sliders in the OP from Post 891 or so worked when I put them in last night, but you have to adjust every sim by hand at the console, it seems. I haven't worked out how to use the 'hall' (height - all) in my test game yet. These do NOT have the Pie Menu as shown in the screenshots - they're just an updated version of the console-updater version in the OP. [/QUOTE]

I am using WW and i tried the tedw slider, however i found i was having the random height change throughout the day issue, so i removed it.
Page 38 of 44