Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 4:27 AM Last edited by ..lOl.. : 23rd Nov 2015 at 5:45 PM.
Default Texture Problem
I'm having texture problem in TSRW, textures look different. [I'm having problem with TS3 textures only, TS4 textures look nice.]
I tried to reinstall TSRW, but that didn't help. My graphics card is up to date. I located the game folder correctly.
I'm sorry, my english isn't very well.
P.S Textures sometimes look normal, sometimes look different. It depends on chance I think. I have this problem for months
Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 4:13 PM
Hey IOI!

Which version of TSRW do you use? If it's the latest one, I would recommend to go back to TSRW 1.72 since that's the last version that was ever made for the sims 3 and right now TSRW just got really buggy since they made it for TS4. Hope they'll fix it soon ^-^
You can find the version on my download page: http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...u3ffD0JC1t4dco1

Let me know if you still have any texture problems! ^-^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 5:44 PM
Thank you for the reply Yes, I'm using the latest version and having the same problem with 1.72.
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ..lOl..
Thank you for the reply Yes, I'm using the latest version and having the same problem with 1.72.

Hmm... strange. It isn't suppose to act like that. Did you tried re-installing version 1.72?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 10:33 PM
Yes, I tried re-installing TS3 too. But still I'm having the same problem.
P.S Textures sometimes look normal, sometimes look as in the screenshots. It depends on chance I think.
Can I get CC's texture with another program ? I want to make conversion. I'll need item's texture.
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 2:21 PM
Yes, I tried re-installing TS3 too. But still I'm having the same problem.
P.S Textures sometimes look normal, sometimes look as in the screenshots. It depends on chance I think.
Can I get CC's texture with another program ? I want to make conversion. I'll need item's texture.

If you're sure that the texture sizes are good enough and you can successfully export the mesh (if it doesn't break your game or anything) Into a package, You can open it up with S3PE and replace the textures. Else you could try out CTU but, believe me, it's not an easy program to use if you're new to this. I always find myself being in war with the program.
To export it as a package within TSRW, open up your project first -> Edit (in the top bar next to File) -> Project Contents -> Screen will pop up -> Click the export button and save it.

You can replace the textures within S3PE with clicking on a IMG file and right click. Now a small list will appear and from there you can choose 'replace'. I usually do it this way when TSRW keeps crashing because of a mesh reason (like when you add a shader to it.)

There could be a chance that there won't be a IMG file within the exported package if you exported a cloned sims 3 outfit.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 5:38 PM
Thank you so much for the answer. But I don't want to replace the texture, I want the texture file. [I want to conversion item ts3 to ts4. That's why I need texture.] I tried to open file with S3PE but i saw the grey texture thing. I'm new at this so I don't know much.
Virtual gardener
#8 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 4:41 PM
Thank you so much for the answer. But I don't want to replace the texture, I want the texture file. [I want to conversion item ts3 to ts4. That's why I need texture.] I tried to open file with S3PE but i saw the grey texture thing. I'm new at this so I don't know much.

Hmm a grey texture thing? It could be the multiply. But I just realised that TSRW could act this way as well when you click yes when it says 'Is this a TS4 content?" Or something like this. If you click yes, it won't load the correct settings but just the sims 3 body mesh which is just like in your pictures. You can export a image as a png and a DDS (your pick ) But I suppose if you are doing a TS3 to TS4 you need the mesh as well?
For the sims 4 I won't use TSRW if I were you. A lot of CC creators uses this program: http://sims4studio.com/thread/1523/...g-sims-4-studio
You need an account but it's totally worth it. I ever used some older version, but that one just could load Textures, but right now we're this far that you can actually load meshes. This is only for the sims 4 though, you need to export the sims 3 needs (like the mesh and textures) the way around if TSRW doesn't accept. So if it doesn't I recommend to export all the GEOM files (Since it's never really clear if they are the low-detail or the actual mesh, you can check it with the GEOM plugin for Milkshape 3d, import the Geom file into Milkshape 3D (version 1.8.5 BETA) and you can see which one looks like the actual mesh you should work with)
For the sims 4 you need a coloured Multiply, like it used to in the sims 2. And I guess because it's already graycoloured, it's not hard to add colours to it! ^-^
But it's okay to be new with this all! We all started that way! ^-^ (Sorry for the late reply though, I kinda hard a really busy week).