Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 8:38 PM
Default Hasher
Hi, I just made a small hashing program. It calculates a few different kinds of hashes and also features hashes with the high bit set. It can calculate both decimal and hexadecimal so you don't have to convert between them.

It can be found over at Simlogical: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo....php?topic=3279

I would gladly add additional features, though I think this is most what is needed for modding.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 9:32 PM
I'm getting "is not a valid Win32 application" -- I am probably being too oldfashioned for such a modern tool (am still on WinXP), but if that's what the problem is can you add the system requirements to your download post?

Not a big deal though since there's online converters aplenty, and I guess I'll be capable of putting in a high bit manually when the need arises =)

Still, looks useful for when one needs to convert many IDs at once!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 12:01 AM
So I changed the .net version to 4 instead of 4.5 and that should allow you too open the program in XP. Could you test if it works now?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 12:25 AM
Yes, it works! Nice! Thank you. (This was on WinXP SP3, for the record)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 6:37 PM
Suggestion for an additional feature that would be useful: a hex <-> deximal conversion.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 12:37 AM
I will consider it, but it is not as trivial to implement as the hashes.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:17 AM
Thanks a lot Fogity works fine.

If you want to know your future...create it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 1:46 PM
Just updated the tool and now you can convert between Hexadecimal and Decimal (both ways).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 12:31 AM
Rewrote the tool in Java, now it has support for Mac and Linux. Due to the large change I do not know if it works on XP, but it should.