Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Same Energy Gain For Every Bed

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 2,201 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 169,720 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 23rd Jul 2010 at 6:59 PM
Updated: 15th Mar 2014 at 11:03 AM
updates
2014-03-15 - Compatible with game version 1.67. No changes.

scope of this mod
If you sleep on an old worn-out mattress, you might wake up with a seriously sore back, but you don't need to sleep longer, do you?

I know, I know, you've seen countless mods that give you the same energy gain rate for every bed. However, these are tuning mods and this is a scripting mod. This means that this mod will cover just any bed there is - download beds with custom tuning files and beds from the store just the same as the beds from the base game. Plus, you can change the setting on-the-fly and everytime you like. The mod also covers tents.

usage
Just put it into your mods folder. The mod will already override the energy gain rate of all beds with its default value of 1.36 even without you doing anything. I think that value is reasonable. If you want a lower or higher value, just open the cheat console and enter SetBedEnergy {Value} and press enter. The range is 0.5 to 2.0, and you have to use the point as decimal separator. The value will be applied and saved so you don't have to do it every time you load the game. The setting is individual for every world though, so the setting from your home world will not be applied to vacation worlds.

If you activate the testing cheats, a 2BTech menu will appear on all beds. You can check the current energy multiplier, apply or remove an individual override multiplier and clear all individual override multipliers. If the menu doesn't show up on a specific bed or tent, then it somehow slipped in unnoticed by this mod and its energy multiplier didn't get overridden yet. In that case, simple use the SetBedEnergy cheat again.

The options to remove an override or to clear all overrides will only appear if these options are applicable. There is no automatic cleanup for the dictionary that stores the individual overrides. Since every individual override only means about 12 bytes of data, that can hardly ever become a problem.

translation
This mod is not localized. All strings are hard-coded English and I'm not planning on changing that now or ever. Seriously, what's the point of translating something that you will hardly ever see anyway?

compatibility
Supported for game version 1.67. Should work with game versions from 1.31 upwards, though.

possible conflicts and specifics
This is a scripting mod and as such the possibility for conflicts with other mods, no matter what kind, is next to non-existant. It will simply override all settings of any tuning mod that changes the energy gain rate of beds. Without side effects. Seriously, this mod is as non-intrusive as it gets.

support
Please respect that I support my mods but not mods or even custom content in general, not in my upload threads anyway and certainly not if you ask me by PM. I will always try to find and squish bugs, therefore I appreciate bug reports. If one of my mods isn't working for you, please at least try to ensure that it's a failure of my mod before you ask for help. You'll find the link to the detailed CC Basics tutorial when you click on the Install Instructions tab. I am a compassionate guy, but please understand that I can only muster so much endurance to address issues completely unrelated to my mods.

deinstallation
Just rip it out whenever you like.

disclaimer
Might lead to a serious case of squished brain. Your game should be safe, though.