Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 6:34 PM Last edited by Kabuto : 26th Jun 2009 at 7:56 PM. Reason: Rename the title, lol ;)
How to merge packages into one ?
Hi,

I try to merge several packages but I can't do it because SimPE say "System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown".

There are 90 TXTR files and 11 DXT3 levels in each TXTR, I imported the local LIFO files for each ones and delete the LIFO files from the package.

Well, I tried to use 30 TXTR files, SimPE accept to save it and the package size is 40 MB, The Compressorizer reduce it to 8 MB.

So I tried to add 15 TXTR files to the package but SimPE failed.

Then I created 4 packages with 15 TXTR files and each packages are 20 MB reduced to 4 MB.

And I tried to add these 4 packages (4 MB) into the main package (8 MB), SimPE still failed even if I tell it to compress all TXTR files.

Without compression, SimPE still fails.

The uncompress package size should be 120 MB which could be reduce to 25 MB.

Is there another way to merge them ?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 6:36 PM
I love this thread title.

... yeah, I know, I'm no help, I just had to giggle like a 12 year old.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:41 PM
I think I understood what you mean, lol !
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 8:03 PM
Well it can be done. I did it, creating an entire stuff pack (IKEA, TSS and K&B) without needing an installer.

I had all files extracted from the game files in a temporary folder. I added one type of file into the package and saved afterwards. I didn't use any type of compression other than what it may have been originally from EA, because I wanted this for my Mac which has issues with files after being compressorized. I did have to make sure no other programs were open, especially no other instances of SimPE.

I think the key is to save after adding each type, sometimes I had to add just a few of the files as well, saving after each.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 10:02 PM Last edited by Kabuto : 26th Jun 2009 at 11:19 PM.
Ok, your "one by one" method works ! Thank you very much !

EDIT: I'm unlucky the 90th TXTR can't be saved !

RE-EDIT: Finally, after compression I can add the last TXTR !
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 8:47 PM
It's a SimPE known issue because I've got Xp x64 and 8 GB of RAM, SimPE need to be hacked in order to handle large memory !

What to do if you get a System.OutOfMemoryException Error
http://simpeforum.ambertation.de/si...Exception-Error

Thank you again Inge Jones !
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:43 AM
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 7:03 PM
Yes, Inge Jones gave me this solution in the SimPE forum .
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 9:21 AM
Great content and very helpful thank and keep up the good work.