Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 9:10 AM
Default what are some mods?
what are some of the best mods for the sims 2 besides the ones on here?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 9:58 AM
Well, that's pretty broad. What kinds of mod are you looking for? What do you already have? It also depends on how you play.

Personally, I always start with the Inteenimator and the Sim Manipulator. These two mods make storytelling a lot easier, and Inteen allows for things like teen pregnancy, adult-teen relationships, etcetera. Also recommend ACR for better autonomous romance (one-night-stands, friend-with-benefits, etcetera.)

These are generally the first three a lot of simmers would recommend, I believe.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Well, that's pretty broad. What kinds of mod are you looking for? What do you already have? It also depends on how you play.

Personally, I always start with the Inteenimator and the Sim Manipulator. These two mods make storytelling a lot easier, and Inteen allows for things like teen pregnancy, adult-teen relationships, etcetera. Also recommend ACR for better autonomous romance (one-night-stands, friend-with-benefits, etcetera.)

These are generally the first three a lot of simmers would recommend, I believe.
those are the kind, i've had those before but never the acr for some reason
Scholar
#4 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 10:18 AM
check the essential mods thread. Of course, not everything on there is essential, but some things are (eg, creaturefixes).

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 10:18 AM
Oh goodness, as many and as varied as you have the imagination. I have about 2 1/2 thousand, I know someone with about 3 1/2 thousand, so it isn't something anybody can simply list.

It also really depends on your play style and what interests you. I have no interest in teen pregnancy, adult-teen relationships, one-night-stands or friend-with-benefits like the above poster so I don't use Inteen or ACR, but yes they are popular.

Why don't you tell us what would interest you?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#6 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 10:23 AM
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=624082

^ Some people talking about their favourite mods.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 11:10 AM Last edited by Bigsimsfan12 : 25th Feb 2019 at 11:50 AM.
Someones already posted the essential mod list. So my best advice is to just play the game, anything that annoys you - try to find a mod for. Usually behaviours I don't like I mod out, e.g. customers complaining when on a home-business lot, because my sim hasn't made their bed .

Then there's reading the "What happened in your game?" thread, where maybe you can get an idea of what mods you want in your game. Someone mentions that their sim had quads, ask them where they got that mod from! Check picture threads to find CC you might want and ask where they got it from. Check people's tumblrs and Dreamwidth links they put in their signature or mention in a thread. You can find all kinds of things. For example, I recently found a mod that allows sims to "inherit" supernatural abilities. I thought that was so cool, and wasn't something I'd go around searching for. I just happened to stumble across it and thought it seemed interesting.

There are also what I like to call "big mods" that do quite a lot of things, and allow for a lot of customisation. For example, as people have mentioned InTeen and ACR. I have both in my game, and while InTeen is primarily used by people who want to have teen pregnancies, the main reason I have it in my game is for the biological clock (which allows sims to give birth RIGHT NOW, get pregnant with whomever I want (including themselves) and the use of independent teens (teen sims no longer go to school after a certain amount of days, and can get full time jobs, get married, etc). Other mods can do these things too, but I just always preferred InTeen. Same with ACR, my sims very very rarely have "friends with benefits" or one night stands, I mostly just use it because it lowers the relationship level needed for woohoo (so my romance sims don't have to work so dang hard!), means sims make their own moral decisions on things like cheating, and that it means I can just throw all my single sims on one lot every few rotations and let them decide for themselves who they're going to marry. I think you can tweek ACR quite a bit, though I've never really tried, so you can always make certain interactions non-autonomous, or make sims exclusive to their partner, or "friendzone" certain individuals or no woohoo without marriage, or whatever.

Edit: Completely forgot to mention this thread: The "Look at This Awesome Thing I Found!" thread
I find all kinds of things I didn't know I wanted on there

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 5:43 AM
i know inteen is for the nsfw but which one do i download because i have the ultimate collection
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 7:09 AM
I would suggest starting with the essential mods.

Make sure you know what a mod does before you download it (not everyone has or likes InTeen).

You have to download mods that will work with Apartment Life if you use the UC.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I would suggest starting with the essential mods.

Make sure you know what a mod does before you download it (not everyone has or likes InTeen).

You have to download mods that will work with Apartment Life if you use the UC.
thanks a bunch
Forum Resident
#11 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimHasThePower
i know inteen is for the nsfw but which one do i download because i have the ultimate collection

Since you have UC, the version of Inteen you should download and use is InTeenimater_Final19_ApartmentLife_UC.zip and its associated FlavorPaks InTeenimater_Final19_ApartmentLife_UC_FlavorPak.zip.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth