Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 2:55 AM
Default S4pe Problem - All files come back with an error
So, my disclaimer is I've got no earthly idea what I'm doing. I've used the Color Magic and Mesh Tools to export packages. When I load them in S4pe every item comes back with an error. (Screenshot below.) I've tried this three times. What am I doing wrong?

Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 3:42 AM
I believe this is because when S4PE asks you to "commit changes" to ~whateveryou'rechanging~ you want to hit "no" and it looks like you've hit yes (which results in this error). I've had this happen quite a lot when viewing the preview for HEX values of a particular item. If you switch to one of the other options it stops happening. Wasn't sure until now if this was something only I was experiencing so I will report it in the tool's thread.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 5:03 AM
This could be the extraction problem - if you extract the s4pe files with the built-in Windows unzip for some reason the helper functions don't work. Try extracting the files with 7-zip.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 5:24 AM
I always use 7-zip, so I'm not sure that's why I was getting the error. But I found it easy enough to work around.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
This could be the extraction problem - if you extract the s4pe files with the built-in Windows unzip for some reason the helper functions don't work. Try extracting the files with 7-zip.

Ahh, yes that is what it was! I needed to extract with 7zip. Thanks a ton!
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 1:12 AM
Will there be a fix to this to extract with WinZIP and there won't be any issue? I downloaded quite a bit of cc and got into this problem. I don't want to have to go through downloading all my cc again and go to each site just because I zipped with WinZIP and not 7.
Eminence Grise
#7 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rglover641
Will there be a fix to this to extract with WinZIP and there won't be any issue? I downloaded quite a bit of cc and got into this problem. I don't want to have to go through downloading all my cc again and go to each site just because I zipped with WinZIP and not 7.

The problem relates to unzipping the S4PE program itself... not to any other files.

As for a fix to S4PE, comments should go to the creator where you downloaded it
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 6:21 AM
Thank you :D
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#9 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 1:22 PM
Moving to Tools.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.