Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 10:42 PM
Default My object is invisible ingame and gray in SimPE. Texture is there.
Hi,

I just modelled a painting with frame and all. But when I import it into SimPE, the model appears all gray, no texture. The texture is there also, and has the right dimensions. I checked it.

I did the whole process of modelling, UV texturing and exporting, with Blender.

The texture works on Blender but not on SimPE. The same goes to the object ingame. It does not appear, it's invisible. I can hang it on the wall, but cannot see it.

So, I checked things on Blender and made sure there are no vertex groups, no materials.

Tried opening it on Milkshape but it hangs and exits to desktop.

I have other objects made by me which were textured with UVMapper Classic and they all work.

I hope I made myself clear.

Thanks in advance.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Fadinha.zip (46.9 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 3:51 AM
that's because you renamed the mesh subset.
Therefore no TXTR, TXMT, MMAT etc are associated with it.
you either need to change the subset name to the orignal Maxis one(paintingfindecicle1_painting) or rename it in the shape, MMAT Node...

Alex aka Simaddict99
you can find more of my creations at: www.thesimsresource.com/artists/simaddict99/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 5:49 PM
Dear Simaddict, I tried to do what you told me. But maybe I didn´t understand it copletely. Did you test it? And did it work after you made those changes you mentoined?
Could you please, be a little more specific in your instructions on what I should do and why?
Thanks for you speedy response.
Part-time Hermit
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 6:47 PM
Open the Geometric Data Container that has your mesh, click on the Groups tab, click on the subset in the box on the left, then change the name to what it should be (paintingfindecicle1_painting) in the box on the right, then Commit and save the package. This is easier than changing the whole package to your new subset name.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 10:33 PM
Thank you guys.
It worked.

Thank you very much.