Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 5:20 AM
Installer does not work..
I downloaded and installed 'CleanInstaller' a couple months ago. Then something went totally haywire with the whole Sims game. I think I may have installed a bug by mistake. Now I am trying to reinstall 'CleanInstaller' and i get a error message that I already have a previous version intalled and do I want to uninstall it now? I answer yes but nothing happens. I have looked through my files and I cannot find another version hiding. Alot of the downloads just will not work and I think I really need the 'CleanInstaller'?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 2:37 AM
I have the same problem. I had unstalled the Clean Installer a long time ago, and now that the EP came out I went to download - only to have this problem happen. Nothing is lurking that I can see; help someone? It would be greatly appreciated!
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 3:19 AM
If you have problems reinstalling, please see this thread:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=129219

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 10:43 PM
um, since i am having problems atm, and someone sugested i get clean installer, i need to ask...

my sims2 machine is on win98 se and not online...
i read i need the .net thing, does this mean installer will only work on xp or online machines?