Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2005 at 8:39 AM
Default Question about NPC's and student clothing...
Ok, I am using the Mirror that allows you to take control over any sim on the lot. My goal was to create a dorm of students all in the blue (letterman) jacket with the llama on it. The sporty looking outfit, not the secret society one. You can pick this one for your sim when you create a student. Well, I created my sim in this outfit. After the other sims started moving in to the dorm I took the mirror and got control of them (one at a time). I went to the dresser, chose plain outfit, then everyday, and it never showed up anywhere. I even used the hacked dresser, and it showed that the students have already purchased this outfit(it is located in everyday), but under no options can I change in to that particular one. I thought I would start over and make my sim without that outfit on. I tried that, and when the other students started moving in I got the same results. They have it in the inventory, but don't have the option to change in to it. Any ideas? Thanks for looking and happy simming.

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th May 2005 at 4:19 PM
Yes, this can be tricky to do, but you sound like you're on the right track. Keep trying! A few notes:

1) It does matter who uses the hacked dresser, and sometimes you need to use someone that isn't intuitive. In general, I think you need to use the sim you want to wear the clothes buy it from the hacked dresser, but you need to make sure that your normally playable sim has at least two outfits of the class you're trying to buy so that the dormie can access the plan outfit for the particular category.

2) If you're trying for casual clothes with tops and bottoms, make sure you have at least a top and a bottom, both. Otherwise you might be restricted into one piece items.

3) In general, I find maxis original dressers to be more dormie friendly than the single tile versions. It's possible that this has been fixed in the later versions, but in the version I have in my game, the plan outfit often doesn't work at all on the one tile dressers but does work on the Maxis ones.

I hope this helps!