Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 1:15 PM Last edited by arisvamp : 16th Jun 2018 at 5:31 PM.
Default Caw with Photoshop
I wonder if there is a way to make smooth elevating roads in photoshop when u create a hightmap!!!
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 2:42 PM
It should be possible, but if it's any easier I don't know
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
It should be possible, but if it's any easier I don't know

For now i only use photoshop to make the heightmap first so i hope someone knows something about it!!

P.s: I checked your profile on youtube and your Wentworth Palace is amazing congats
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 8:02 PM
If you want to smooth a road, there is a road smoothing tool in CAW.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
If you want to smooth a road, there is a road smoothing tool in CAW.

Yeah!I know this but i want to make it already from the pphotoshop if there is any way to make
Thank you anyway :D
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 9:04 PM
Ah, okay. Well you could use the dodge or burn tools on your heightmap at the road area to lighten or darken the slope progressively.

If you use a feathered brush with some opacity then you will have some fine control over the image contrast.

Or you could use a greyscale gradient on a selected area- it depends upon the map and the area you want to smooth.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Ah, okay. Well you could use the dodge or burn tools on your heightmap at the road area to lighten or darken the slope progressively.

If you use a feathered brush with some opacity then you will have some fine control over the image contrast.

Or you could use a greyscale gradient on a selected area- it depends upon the map and the area you want to smooth.

That sounds helpful!!
I really thank you!!!
dodgy builder
#8 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by arisvamp
For now i only use photoshop to make the heightmap first so i hope someone knows something about it!!

P.s: I checked your profile on youtube and your Wentworth Palace is amazing congats

Thank you

I didn't say how to do it, because I wasn't sure if it would work. Reading Simsample's post I would have made a mask over the area I wanted and made a gradient. Painting the area is more work, and I'm a lazy bastard.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Thank you

I didn't say how to do it, because I wasn't sure if it would work. Reading Simsample's post I would have made a mask over the area I wanted and made a gradient. Painting the area is more work, and I'm a lazy bastard.

Which Simsample's post ??
dodgy builder
#10 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arisvamp
Which Simsample's post ??

Did you make it work?