Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2018 at 11:39 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 10th May 2018 at 11:15 AM.
Default WCIF - mod that controls motives
I'm looking for a mod, or a suggested method, to set the motive of visitors on a lot, much like Visitor Controller sets clothing to formal/swimwear/whatever. I need it to work on community lots.

The idea is that such a mod could be set to make visitors hungry when they arrive on a restaurant lot or lacking in comfort when they arrive on a church lot or a theater, so they'd sit down, etc. I generally just keep setting them with InSim but something like Controller would be much better.

EDIT: I've tried Customer Selector but it doesn't work on community lots and the motives are only contained in the business type.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th May 2018 at 12:03 AM
Pescado's Customer Selector does this - you can use it to select what sort of business it is, and I believe there is a setting for at least every motive. You can also use it to do the same stuff as a VC does, although his menus are a little harder to understand.

Edit: Here is Pescado's readme: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=5906.0 although you probably want to get it from his AL directory (or whatever your latest EP is).
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2018 at 12:06 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 10th May 2018 at 12:32 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Pescado's Customer Selector does this - you can use it to select what sort of business it is, and I believe there is a setting for at least every motive. You can also use it to do the same stuff as a VC does, although his menus are a little harder to understand.

Oh, thank you! I've never been able to figure out what that does from the instructions so I never tried it. I'll give it a go.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th May 2018 at 12:10 AM
I can help if you need it, I think I understand how it works pretty well.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th May 2018 at 12:33 AM
I can help if you need it, I think I understand how it works pretty well.

Ok, I downloaded it and tried it, but I don't think CS has motives at all that I can see. I may not understand it, though, because I also don't see any way to set AND, OR, NOT as detailed in the instructions. I'm trying to do this on community lots, not businesses, so I didn't get the business mods that were mentioned. I also think maybe CS controls which Sims come, (or stay, like VC), but I really would like all the usual random people to come, but to have their motives set when they arrive. But, yes, sure, if you still think this is the right one for me, then, yes, I'd appreciate the help.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th May 2018 at 12:36 AM
Yeah, you have to do this on an owned business lot, I imagine it doesn't work on a regular community lot, though, I haven't tried it. There should be a menu called "business type" I believe.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th May 2018 at 1:03 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 10th May 2018 at 10:40 AM.
Yeah, you have to do this on an owned business lot, I imagine it doesn't work on a regular community lot, though, I haven't tried it. There should be a menu called "business type" I believe.

Ok, I get it now. The business type is motives, and I see the AND, OR, NOT now. I'll play around and see if it does what I'm looking for. Thank you, I never would have guessed myself to look at this again for this purpose!

I'm still looking for something that could set a motive on a community lot. Anyone have any other ideas?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 6:30 PM
I want to update this for future people who search for this. I now use BO's Need Freak which works perfectly for this. I can customize the settings for different environments and I've changed the 3D models to ones I like better that fit into my lots. Works on all types of lots. http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-2197.html