Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 12:11 PM
Default Why arn't my recoloured objects packages in savedsims?
I started recolouring stuff a couple of days ago. I have made a nice set and I would love to upload it here. So how do I find the files I need? I used wizards of simpe. Does that make any difference to the normal simpe?

anyway, here's a list of things I made and what I named them when I exported them.

Bed blanket - I called it "Bed_cover_01" and when I imported it I typed "By Bethany Barnes (XxBethany275xX) A cloud in the Sky Bed Set"

A desk - I called it "Desk_01" and when I imported it I typed "By Bethany Barnes (XxBethany275xX) A cloud in the desk drawer"

Do you get my jist? I used simple names so It would be easy to find them (The package file) , but it's not!

I looked in savedsims were bodyshop things are saved. Are they in there? how do I know what they are called? Is there a way of finding out?
Advertisement
Fluffy
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 12:29 PM
bethany,

objects are not like clothes, are found in the downloads folder, try searching there,
search by date if you have to

however, I really suggest renaming them, you don't want conflicts with other downloads
for recolors, most people use their initials, followed by the name of the mesh they coloured, followed by a unique name (skybed or something for this) and the date

not sure where you typed the 'by bethany' bit, since recolours don't have their own message...
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 12:49 PM
Thankyou! Iv'e found them. apparently where I typed by Bethany .... that's what the package file is called. anyway, here is where typed it ....

Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 5:38 AM
Lethe and I don't use Wizards, we just use SimPE straight to do our recolors....

And definitely, once you find your recolors, work on renaming them. If you can't tell them apart (due to the names) drag them one at a time into SimPE and take a look at the texture to figure out what each one is.