Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 4:02 AM
Default Derange's Drawings
EDIT: Okay, instead of being just portraits, I'm going to make this drawings in general.

Earlier this year I rather accidentally discovered a slight gift for drawing portraits. I've made five (technically 4 1/2, one isn't finished yet) since then, and have been on a hiatus lately due to school and other events, but plan on doing more sometime in the future...

Manfred von Richthofen, the "Bloody Baron." First real portrait, hence the atrociousness.

General Dwight Eisenhower. Second.

Daniel Craig. Third.

Kiefer Sutherland. Fourth. I got bored one Sunday afternoon - not one of my favorites.

Bruce Willis. Fifth and current.

I also painted one of Johnny Depp last summer.

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 5:16 AM
Damn! Those are pretty fuggin' amazing!! Good job!
Scholar
#3 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 5:20 AM
o.0 Wow. Those are amazing! You're so good! *is jealous*

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
#4 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 7:52 AM
Great job! I love the Daniel Craig one the most. If I were you I'd start taking classes to refine your art and get all the know-how about it...perhaps one day you'll be drawing a portrait of the Queen by special order.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 9:27 AM
WHOA! Thats amazing! You really have a gift

There's a thunder in our hearts, baby.
Instructor
#6 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 9:59 AM
Woah! You are BRILLIANT! I thought my friend was good but you're amazing!

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 12:54 PM
Very, very nice! Very realistic, but there's a common quality between all of them that you add yourself... there's a sense of movement in the lines of the face... you're rendering the underlying muscle structure -very- well, so it's coming across as... almost like they're about to move.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#8 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 1:16 PM
Your pics are amazing, I can draw but not that good. You should consider being an artist!!!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 1:54 PM
They are all bloody amazing but the Daniel Craig one is by far the best - you have a serious talent with drawing and need to do something with it :D
Instructor
#10 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 6:23 PM
A slight gift for portraits? It's much better than that, you're really, really good. I have no talent at all for drawing, so I'm always amazed by people who can draw. I really like the portrait of Bruce Willis you're working on- you capture his emotion very well. The one of Daniel Craig is also amazing!
#11 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 6:29 PM
Wow awesome..I could never draw portraits mine end up looking all cartoony, how do you do it? Do you look at a photo or picture or is it all memory? I had a friend who could look at a picture and remember every line and wrinkle on the person, me I only draw anime. I think even the stars and people in your drawings would be impressed as well .
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 6:39 PM
Wow, those are amazing. I love the facial expressions, particulary wonderful detail.

"I am a fly in the ointment, I am a whisper in the shadows. I am also an old, old woman. More than that you need not know."
#13 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 7:58 PM
Lovely.
Daniel Craig is my favorite.
Instructor
#14 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 8:38 PM
Derange, these are fantastic! You're really very good. I especially love Bruce Willis and Daniel Craig. Keep it up, I'd love to see more!
#15 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 9:14 PM
I love your portraits! Especially that Daniel Craig one. *drools*
#16 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 10:24 PM
Wow. Those look so realisting! I really love the Jhonny Depp one! :D

Really cutting edge. ^^ lol. Great job.
Scholar
#17 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 2:25 AM
These are really great!... I wish I could draw... lol
Instructor
#18 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 2:36 AM
a "slight" gift?! I can't even draw a good smiley face lol! Those are awesome!
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 1:46 PM
Wow... thanks so much, guys! I'm not even sure exactly what to say except thank you.

Kakashi, I work from photos and draw with a grid - without a reference I'm completely worthless. ^^;

Forum Resident
#20 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 2:36 PM
very nice! grid and reference or not most good artist star with a grid, and i have to tell you, your amazing

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 6:20 PM
OMG. How are you this good?
I'm in love with your drawings, you are s fantastic.
I wish you went to my school, so you could draw a beautiful portrait of me... and do my art coursework for me.
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 5:42 PM
Thank you so much for all the compliments, guys! I recently started a new portrait, and I would be sharing progress drawing(s) with everyone if it weren't for the fact that my scanner decided to quit on me... something with the hardware... I'll be getting a free replacement, though, so don't worry! About half of his face is done right now.

I'm also thinking about doing commissions, not sure if I'll have anyone interested or what the potential price would be, but I guess it's a start..!

#23 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 5:06 AM
WOW you're so talented! They are very realistic
Scholar
#24 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Derange
I'm also thinking about doing commissions, not sure if I'll have anyone interested or what the potential price would be, but I guess it's a start..!

Aim high and then go from there. Very High. If people want you they'll pay anything. Seriously, you have major talent and should get all you deserve and more for your time and effort.
#25 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 2:41 PM
wow... amazing. maybe someday i will get as good as you. lol i love the one of johnny depp.
Page 1 of 4