Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#51 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 8:28 AM
Cutsocks - I think you are viewing downloads in Compatible mode. Go to your user control panel (edit profile) and make sure you have all the EPs /SPs you own ticked. Link: http://www.modthesims.info/profile.php?do=editprofile

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
Cutsocks - I think you are viewing downloads in Compatible mode. Go to your user control panel (edit profile) and make sure you have all the EPs /SPs you own ticked. Link: http://www.modthesims.info/profile.php?do=editprofile

Okay, that fixed it . I guess I was just having a stupid moment. :/
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#53 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 12:56 PM
They both show up on the Sims 3 page for me. Could you post the exact url of what you're looking at? It could be a filter setting.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#54 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 4:48 PM Last edited by gaudet : 15th Jan 2014 at 5:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Introduction

Guidelines Changes
[*]Increased picture quantity limit: You may now upload up to 100 pics! Of course, please keep it to a reasonable quantity... only things like huge sets, full worlds, etc. should have that many pics!

I was tickled to learn about the extra pictures, because it meant I'd be able to offer landscaped lots. But, 4 days ago, when I uploaded a Botanical Garden, the submission form never allowed for more than 8 photos (5 of which were used to cover the mandatory photo for each story/level of your structure). I didn't have enough slots left to show more than one view of the front. And since it is a garden, there is too much foliage to actually see the entire building in one fell swoop. (It's on a 60x60 lot, and the greenhouse is T-shaped, approximately 30x30.)

Now that more than 8 photos are allowed, is there a way to upload them for the submission? Do we use a different submission form for that? Because, Ican always scratch the one I've already done, and make a new one. (I've already been denied because of the [lack of] a complete front view...and some glitch that didn't see that I had indeed acknowledged the CC) There is so much landscaping involved, I really needed another 5 or 6 shots anyway. With all that foliage, and the winding paths, there's no way to see from one end to the other without walking down the paths.

Did I just jump the gun, and try to upload before the new submission form was out, or did I choose the wrong form? I've been to the Creativity Forum, but haven't found how to do this. I'm getting this all wrong.

please help. If you could just give me the URL to the how-to [add extra photos] page, I'd be grateful, because I can't find it.

gaudet

edited to clarify which how-page I need
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#55 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 5:15 PM
What happened when you tried to upload more than 8 pics?

Scholar
#56 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
What happened when you tried to upload more than 8 pics?

There just was not spot for more than 8 image uploads. It just wasn't there. Only 8 slots were available. I could go back and pretend a new upload and take a screenshot for you, and then cancel...

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#57 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 5:30 PM
Fill up the 8 slots, and hit the Upload button. Then fill them up again.

Scholar
#58 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 5:38 PM
Fill up the 8 slots, and hit the Upload button. Then fill them up again.

It'll let me do that? Okie dokie. I'll not try to "fix" my current submission, and just attempt a new one. Will the system let me do that, or are we supposed to wait a set number of days before attempting a new submission?

BTW, is there some way to put more than two CC acknowledgements in the actual CC section. I put the other three in the "additional credits" (besides thanking them in my text), but I think the moderator thinks they were never acknowledged. I don't know if this is a glitch (because you can read that they were), or if s/he means that they are missing from the formal CC credit section - which only allows two spots.

thank you so much for letting me know how to add more images.

gaudet
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#59 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 6:25 PM
There's no limit on how often you can upload, but if you upload something again while it's still in the queue, it'll be removed without review as a duplicate. You've got a changes required on the upload (I assume it's the botanical gardens?), so you can feel free to experiment with uploading more pics to that alongside making the changes that were asked for.

The CC section you're referring to pulls up a list of the items that are actually included in the sims3pack, and then asks you for their details. In this case, there's just one object and one pattern in the sims3pack, which is why you could only enter two items into that list. If you've used other CC on the lot which isn't included in the sims3pack, just type a list of that CC into the main text.

Scholar
#60 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 7:18 PM
There's no limit on how often you can upload, but if you upload something again while it's still in the queue, it'll be removed without review as a duplicate. You've got a changes required on the upload (I assume it's the botanical gardens?), so you can feel free to experiment with uploading more pics to that alongside making the changes that were asked for.

The CC section you're referring to pulls up a list of the items that are actually included in the sims3pack, and then asks you for their details. In this case, there's just one object and one pattern in the sims3pack, which is why you could only enter two items into that list. If you've used other CC on the lot which isn't included in the sims3pack, just type a list of that CC into the main text.

omg. Thank you. I am such a dunce. sims3packs are different from package files. How many times have you guys explained that, and I still confuse the two. I can fix that. Thank you so much for your patience. I have copy pasted this onto a word file. I'm going to make a word art picture of the sentence Sims3packs v. Package: They're DIFFIRNT , print it out, and put it up on the wall here by my bed.

thank you. thank you.

gaudet
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#61 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 8:02 PM
You're very very welcome.

Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#62 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 8:06 AM
Been as lazy as I am even though I m always on the site since the chnges where made, I have been too lazy to go through the changes made to the guidelines. .Well used the pst two days to do just that and I just want to say thanks a lot to the administration for the changes.
Mad Poster
#63 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 5:52 PM
If you find a creator has a ton of recent uploads that all are missing screenshots, do you report each one or do you report one and mention that pretty much all of them have the same problem?

Also, is there some kind of time span of how long a creator has to fix "minor" problems? Because if there is no limit, and only major things get it sent back to queue and remove the bypass, then what says creators won't just ignore it?

I know I sound like a buzzkill, but I download on MTS because I used to get clear proper pictures of what I get, and that is no longer the case. Some things are due to changes in guidelines, and that I can accept, but some is just missing even though it's in the guidelines.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#64 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 7:53 PM
You should report at least one and in the report text mention there are more by the same creator.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Mad Poster
#65 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 11:37 PM
I will do just that, thank you. What about my other question? If I may ask
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#66 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 9:10 AM
@gummilutt , I was reading through the guidelines regarding uploading items - especially bodyshop. The minimum requirement is to show any NEW MESH from all angles. That isn't expressly required for recolours (as far as I can interpret it) though I agree I would also be very reluctant to download any recolour that does not show all of the item (front/back/sides) - mainly because I would like to know in advance about any "oddness" so I don't get disappointed. It's a fine line - if it's a recolour of something like a base game athletic outfit then most of us know what it looks like. If it appears that an uploader has been hit by an attack of extreme lazyass and has not recoloured the back then that should be reported. In such a case we would send that item back to queue and CR it from queue.

Regarding how long a creator has. The moderation team use the reports system to "track" those uploads which we believe to have minor issues - we can see a list of open reports and we check it. If an uploader has been online since the report was made and no action is taken to fix the issue then we can return it to queue.

Mad Poster
#67 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 1:47 PM
That is indeed a fine line. By new mesh, does that mean you only have to if the upload is uploading the new mesh for the first time, or does it refer to any recolor that is recoloring a mesh not provided by EA?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#68 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 2:32 PM
It refers to a creator uploading a new mesh for the first time, since in that case they also get feedback and ratings on the shape of the mesh, morphs etc.

Mad Poster
#69 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 10:21 PM
That doesn't make much sense to me. After all, a mesh is just the shape upon which a recolor is placed. The point of the recolor is the recolor as placed on the mesh, why wouldn't you want to see the front and back of it? Knowing the mesh doesn't mean you know what the back looks like on a new color, since it is new. And the back is just as important as the front, is it not?
Site Helper
#70 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 7:12 PM
Something like "EA toy chest with stencil removed" tells you exactly what the back is going to look like. (or it should, anyway.) A dress that is red instead of black generally looks like that dress, but red instead of black on the back as well as the front. In those cases it is often safe to assume that you already know what the back (and sides) of the item look like. I agree that pictures of the back are a good idea, but if I were posting something like that I would probably put it in a spoiler labeled "Can you guess what the back looks like?" and be very surprised if someone guessed wrong.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 8:38 PM
It is very nice to see the back too, on recolours. But not a necessity. I can't think of any times I've seen an outfit that looks fine from the front but the back makes it undownloadable. But a mesh is a new shape, the 3D shape of it is the whole point to a new mesh, and in order to see that it is of good quality, more than just a front pic is necessary.

The guidelines are the rules people MUST stick by to upload here - the minimum requirements for us to host the content. So it means that someone can upload a smallish, not so great picture of the front of a decent but not spectacular outfit, and it may just squeak by as approvable if it's obvious the thing they've made is pretty good (doesn't have to be great).

It doesn't mean it's the best way of showing it - but we'll tell them so. The rubrics we use cover that, encouraging them to use bigger pictures, better lighting, less image compression, show from more angles, etc., and we also type messages to new creators going, "Hey, very nice first creation - perhaps next time show it off a little bit better?" (with more specifics, of course, based on the actual creation) to help guide them from not-so-great to quite good. The idea is to find the minimum that's okay, and then try to push gently toward better, not demanding perfection from the get-go. You never know whether the Joe Newbie that's uploading today will be the next big time creator in 6 months or a year, and ya don't want to scare him off or discourage him.

Hell, go look at a couple of my first uploads and the pics on those. There's a reason I keep those up and haven't taken new pictures.

Also? If you see a creator is showing their stuff off and you think it could be done better, you can politely tell them so. Gently. Encouragingly. Thusly: "Hey, these look like really fun dresses! I just wish I could see them a little better - your pics are a bit small and dark, and you've only shown them from the front. Could you maybe take some bigger pictures with better lighting, and from the back?"

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 11:00 PM
I'm afraid I only know one mode and that's nazi-perfectionist. I'm sorry, I can't relate to the more relaxed view. In my opinion the rating system does more than enough to encourage creators, but sacrificing standards to keep people around is not in my book. I have not before nor do I now understand what people find so difficult about taking screenshots. It's not rocket science, and there are plenty of ways to ask for advice or places to look at examples if you aren't sure. You are sharing your creation for others, not for you, and unlike you, they don't know what your thing looks like until you show them. Compared to making the thing, screenshots should be easy.

But, it is clear that MTS and I don't agree at all on any of this. I think it's dumb, but it's not my decision. I appreciate the clarification of guidelines, I interpret what's written differently but now I know I'm wrong. That's that.

Oh and, I prefer not to ask creators to do better, because I don't think I could mask my annoyance and that's not going to help anyone. If I feel I can be constructive I do, but that's only going to happen when I think it's an understandable mistake, and crappy screenshots are not to me.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 9:39 AM
Well, we've seen what happens when we demand perfection - people just go upload their stuff on Tumblr however they want. If we want people to upload here, we have to unclench a bit. And that's what we've done. And it seems to be helping some. We do want people to feel welcome to upload here, and not just the people who are amazing right off the bat but the enthusiastic but slightly clueless noobs who need a little help and guidance. Screenshots -are- easy, once you know how. But most people don't know how to start with, and may not know where to ask, or may be so tired of looking at the darn thing they've made they just want to be -done- with it, not spend another day or two trying to get their screenshots right. *shrug* I do get where you're coming from, but I know from experience (even if it was waaay back in the beginning of my experience) that taking good screenshots to show a thing well is not as easy as it seems if you're not used to it, even if you're a computery/technical/graphics person. We want to help people get to the point of good screenshots, not whap 'em upside the head and demand them like we have in the past.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 1:02 PM
I understand the reasoning, and I agree that the rehaul seems to have caused an increase in uploads. I'll put my faith in that there appears to be come sort of goal to guide people towards doing better, and not just all together lowering standards and leaving it at that. It's not how I would do it, but then again I don't doubt that I'm a minority in many things and probably is in the wrong here.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#75 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AdonisPluto
Been as lazy as I am even though I m always on the site since the chnges where made, I have been too lazy to go through the changes made to the guidelines. .Well used the pst two days to do just that and I just want to say thanks a lot to the administration for the changes.

I've been kind of lazy too, yesterday was the first time I tried the new queue bypass since it was started. Guess I just haven't been in a building mood. Thanks Mods, it was great to see it right away and not bite nails over the queue.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 3 of 4