Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 6:13 AM Last edited by frank1851 : 18th Jan 2010 at 6:14 AM. Reason: forgot link...
Default Found these very helpful tools for creating height maps!
After a little bit of searching, I came across this site for creating height maps from google earth, with links to necessary tools and guide. I have yet to try it, but plan to, after compressing my .packages (taking friggin' forever) Here's the link:
http://forum.rigsofrods.com/index.p...587.0;topicseen
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 6:48 AM
I love Transport Tycoon

Here's another tutorial that uses a different means of locating the data without needing Google Earth. Probably works better if you want a heightmap of land in the U.S.

Also, a nice alternative to MICRODEM (I couldn't get it to work on x64 Windows 7) is called dlgv32 Pro. While it doesn't let you save your loaded map as a PNG (or save at all for that matter) it's easy to just screen-capture the map and paste it into your graphics editor, once you switch the display to 'Gradient' and turn off the 3d shadow effect.