Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 7:56 PM
Default Road Placement Tips?
Or a tutorial, maybe? I can't quite figure out how it should work.

So some questions:

Do roads all work magically if not a single road? That is to say if I put a straight road, an intersection, and another straight road, are those roads interconnected and functional? Or do I really have to draw constant contiguous lines?

How do I stop placing a road? I can't seem to stop when I want to stop, and have to delete the last section manually.

This is my main problem with CAW right now :p
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 8:13 PM
I ran into this one yesterday at the official site. I haven't yet had time to get around enough to know where else there may be road placing tutorials.

When you have finished placing the last section of the road, I do believe all you have to do is press the Escape key to remove the road tool from your cursor. At least that's what the manual says.
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 8:24 PM Last edited by Claeric : 27th Dec 2009 at 8:56 PM.
THERE'S A SNAP TO GRID MODE?!

And suddenly I feel like building a world. That is so awesome, that helps so damn much. I'll try what that page says :D

Edit: Working BEAUTIFULLY. I've got a nice road map going on now.

Theorist
#4 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 8:57 PM
Yeah, it's amazing what one can learn when one follows that last line of advice in your signature line:
Quote:
Read the instructions and do things right.

Eminence Grise
#5 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 9:32 PM
Not only is there a snap to grid mode, you can also rotate the grid as you please, so you can have different parts of your world on different axes.
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 1:20 AM
eww, i'm hoping that the CAW tool dosn't require registry :P

on another matter, this is great. I was just messing around with the tool and my roads (aulthough being powerfull i admit) always seemed to want to take their own path.

Thank you Misty_2004 for the great help!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 1:14 PM
Also remember to put intersections at the end of cul-de-sac roads, else cars can't turn around.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 4:15 AM Last edited by rian90 : 11th Jan 2010 at 5:58 AM.
How do you rotate the grid? I would love to do this but can't seem to figure it out.

Nevermind! Silly me..It was right in front of me.
Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
How do you rotate the grid? I would love to do this but can't seem to figure it out.

Nevermind! Silly me..It was right in front of me.

The grid only rotates 90' which sucks (L) shaped placement, meaning you cant place on the other 2 angles at all by default.

If you want to you then need to rotate every piece manually if you need the other 2 angles which rotate doesn't snap to grid.

I need a angle the grid rotation doesn't have for my wall which is allot of segments and trying to place and perfectly align 50 or more pieces up manually on rotation

77 is the right angle but placement is top to bottom I need across < | >
Instructor
#10 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 7:59 AM
The grid in CaW will rotate to any angle. I went into the lite worlds and used the rotate grid (at the bottom of the screen in CaW) so I could repave the existing roads with a different terrain set.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#11 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 8:02 AM
The grid rotates to any angle you want it - you want it at 47 degrees rather than 45 or whatever, you can, easily.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 11:21 AM Last edited by Revenger : 13th Jan 2010 at 11:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
The grid rotates to any angle you want it - you want it at 47 degrees rather than 45 or whatever, you can, easily.

Nope doesn't rotate to any angle only 0'-90' for default snapping which sucks when you need to snap to any other angle.
Code:
     | 
270 - - 90
     |