Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 9:16 PM Last edited by Robodl95 : 4th Jan 2010 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Fixed the first question on my own
Default Deleting roads/Custom Road help?
Okay some questions......

1. How do you delete roads? They don't show in the layers thing
I solved this on my own but if anyone else was wondering you click delete on your keyboard I feel stupid now

Now to custom roads

1. When I try it the sidewalks are transparent, I need serious help on this part......
2. The tiling on intersections and the actual road pieces do not match up

See what I mean in the picture below
Please help!
Screenshots

Hi I'm Paul!
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 5:57 AM
I haven't tried making custom roads yet myself. However, in Post 11 of this thread http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...034#post2998034 , HP says "There's opacity control images for the custom roads and sidewalks that let you do fuzzy edges and whatnot". So I imagine you need to modify the opacity control image.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 11:45 AM
I was using the one that they used from the basegame roads, just a basic flat boring opacity image, what do I need to do it? Make it darker or lighter (I don't want any fancy edges or anything just basic blocky sidewalks)

Hi I'm Paul!
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 8:45 PM
Anyone? I really still need help, Srikandi confirmed what I suspected but I still have no idea what I need to do......

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 1:41 AM Last edited by deathoflight : 7th Jan 2010 at 2:03 AM.
If you want solid sidewalks, then you shouldn't use an opacity map. Just leave that section empty when you build the road. The opacity map is more for a sidewalk, by itself, used as a footpath. Doesn't quite look right next to a road.

Try doing a road, with your custom textures, use sidewalkTile_concrete_basic_N.tga for the Sidewalk Textures Normal Map, leave the Opacity Map blank, and use sidewalkTile_concrete_corner_N.tga for the Corner Normal Map.

ETA: If you've already placed a lot of the roads, and don't want to redo them, you could try using a solid white opacity map. I haven't found a way to specify "no map" for opacity, once you've used one. White should just make it solid.
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 3:22 AM
Thank you! You helped a lot!

Hi I'm Paul!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 11:30 PM
In my thread here
-----> http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=386743

I am about to put up a complete set of street and sidewalk graphics for over 960 combos of roads. and terrain paint matching roads all to scale with the paints in game.

almost there just got back from a trip. should be able to finish them tonight or in the am.

ash

I'd like to build a world, a better world.
Guess I'll start here...
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 12:09 AM
Very impressive Ashillion