Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 2146
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 77 (Who?), Viewed: 41133 times.
Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2019, 1:27 AM #76
Simmiller
Original Poster

Rabid Recoloring Renegade

51 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViniLaranj.
Can I use this tool to creat actives careers like Doctor, detective, scientist or actor?

No, you cannot. The best you can do for those currently, is to modify the game files using an XML editor like XML Extractor, s4pe, or Sims 4 Studio.
Old 28th May 2019, 7:06 PM #77
MesmericSimmer
Test Subject

5 Achievements

My custom career keeps throwing a LastException error. How can I fix this?

ETA: It also mixes everything up. Screenshots are placed where they're not meant to be and the branches are mixed with other branches. For example, the Pediatric branch is switched with the Nurse Manager branch which causes the levels not to match. I've double checked everything and it keeps doing this.
Last edited by MesmericSimmer : 28th May 2019 at 7:16 PM.
Old 29th May 2019, 11:05 PM #78
Simmiller
Original Poster

Rabid Recoloring Renegade

51 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesmericSimmer
My custom career keeps throwing a LastException error. How can I fix this?

ETA: It also mixes everything up. Screenshots are placed where they're not meant to be and the branches are mixed with other branches. For example, the Pediatric branch is switched with the Nurse Manager branch which causes the levels not to match. I've double checked everything and it keeps doing this.

Unfortunately, I can't answer in regards to technical issues with the tool itself, except to make some suggestions. You're best off posting in the Create-a-Career forum

But, there's a way to make sure the images are attached to the correct branch, and that's to check in s4pe or Sims 4 Studio that the instance numbers attached to each picture match those found in their respective branch information files. I'm best with S4S, so I'll explain it using that

1. In the DST Image line for each image, get the instance number 2 columns over.
ie. B4AD6E382153A0F4 in my example
2. Then, click on the Career Track Tuning line that is supposed to match up with that image. Look in the XML tab on the right for the line that looks like this (your numbers will be different) :
T n="icon_high_res" p="InGame\UI\Icons\Career\Career_Business_hires.png">2f7d0004:00000000:B4AD6E382153A0F4</T>
3. Make sure the instance number from the DST Image matches the instance number in that line of the XML in the appropriate Career Track Tuning line. If it doesn't, just copy and paste as necessary

It's a bit convoluted, but it works for me

Section jump: