Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 8:06 PM
Default Filtering a pie_menu_category by age?
Heya. So I've started a mod that allows kids to unlock handiness skill after they max mental skill. But as I kinda figured out...there are some things kids shouldn't be doing with that skill...

Like upgrading objects! Or repairing the TV! No, Timmy, BAD!

Specifically, I'm working on the upgrade menu right now. I figured the easiest (and least bulkiest way) to do this would be by making the upgrade pie menu not show up for kids. I tried adding a "test" header with ages to the pie_menu_category file like so:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<I c="PieMenuCategory" i="pie_menu_category" m="interactions.pie_menu_category" n="pieMenuCategory_Upgrade" s="15502">
  <T n="_collapsible">False</T>
  <T n="_display_name">0xA7201858<!--Upgrade--></T>
  <T n="_display_priority">2</T>
  <T n="_icon" p="InGame\UI\Icons\PieMenu\Category\icon_piemenu_category_upgrade.png">2f7d0004:00000000:a680af32012b20be</T>
  <L n="tests">
    <L>
      <V t="sim_info">
        <U n="sim_info">
          <V n="ages" t="specified">
            <L n="specified">
              <E>TEEN</E>
              <E>YOUNGADULT</E>
              <E>ADULT</E>
              <E>ELDER</E>
            </L>
          </V>
        </U>
      </V>
    </L>
  </L>
</I>

...and uhh, clearly this didn't work. Oops, haha. I looked at romance's pie_menu_category for clues (since it's also teen+ and all), but nada. Is there a way to do this via XML editing? I'm trying to avoid going through all the upgrade interactions individually to set age restrictions (...theres a lot...), and I have some basic understanding of python (two programming classes??), but I can't get py injectors to work for the life of me right now.

Thanks. @_@
Advertisement
Deceased
#2 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 6:26 PM
There's no way to filter the entire category by age, categories are just "dumb containers" to control the formatting for the pie menus.

You would have to either override every interaction or, to avoid the major number of possible mod conflicts that would involve, write a script to add that test or modify any existing sim_info tests to each of the interactions.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
There's no way to filter the entire category by age, categories are just "dumb containers" to control the formatting for the pie menus.

You would have to either override every interaction or, to avoid the major number of possible mod conflicts that would involve, write a script to add that test or modify any existing sim_info tests to each of the interactions.

Ah, I see. Thanks for your help!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 9:48 PM
Another way you could go is by changing the affordance modifier on a buff connected and putting those interactions in a blacklist. Check out game_effect_modifiers under the buff tuning, also look at grim reaper, the reaper when reaping cant do anything but reap the sims. All controlled by buffs in the role state tuning. Hope this helps
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WildWitch
Another way you could go is by changing the affordance modifier on a buff connected and putting those interactions in a blacklist. Check out game_effect_modifiers under the buff tuning, also look at grim reaper, the reaper when reaping cant do anything but reap the sims. All controlled by buffs in the role state tuning. Hope this helps

It does, thanks! I will look into it.