Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ioun Stone (magic stone spinning around head) *animated* accessory for all age/gender

by Akabarl Posted 18th Sep 2007 at 12:18 PM - Updated 19th Sep 2007 at 8:17 PM by Akabarl : Clarifying text regarding expansion

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 8:57 PM
It looks pretty cool! Thanks for this.
Scholar
#3 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 9:00 PM
Ioun Stones ? It reminds me some good souvenirs... Thank you Akabarl.

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#4 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 9:07 PM
Oh cool! It looks like the thing from the Orbitz (orbits?) commercial.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 9:11 PM
that is so cool lol. thanks

May good fortune rule over you,
peace lie in your heart,
and the stars watch over you
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 9:23 PM
This is really cool

Thankyou
Alchemist
#7 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 9:34 PM
This is so cool. Perfect for science fiction stories.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 9:37 PM
Haha I remember these, lovely job and worthy of D&D.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 10:10 PM
awesome! i play neverwinter nights, and they have these too! lovin it.
Instructor
#10 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 10:21 PM
Now that's a blast from the past.

I keep seeing awesome, oddball things up for download here and then noticing that you made them. I look forward to whatever you might create next!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 1:19 AM Last edited by Silky-M : 19th Sep 2007 at 2:35 AM. Reason: adding a key fact
That's cool! I'm in troubleshooting mode right now so I'm going to have to download this later. For some reason (installing Seasons and OFB maybe?) my game is crashing whenever I try to go to university mode. Lord Woot's son just went and I don't want to lose him OR his girlfriend. Troubleshooting makes me tired. Anyway, this really is awesome and I look forward to having it in the game!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 3:55 AM
This is so cool! Can't wait to try it out.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 4:47 AM
Nice, D&D stuff for the sims FTW. I must learn how to make accessories... I want to make my D&D character but she requires so much weird crap. XD Master of Chains lol

This is cool stuff. <3
Scholar
#14 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 7:01 AM
A little confusion in me... you mention a pet bug that make this possible but your item is tagged base game compatible. Does non -pet owner could also enjoy this nice creation ?

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 7:53 AM
I believe this accessory should work fine without Pets (if that is not the case, somebody please drop me a note).

The Pets issue is that if a particular variable is set to StandardMaterial, some accessories have a visual bleed through, which can be corrected by setting the variable to SimStandardMaterial. SimStandardMaterial objects don't seem compatable with animation though, so I had to use StandardMaterial for this object, which means Pets and beyond users may see the bleed through. So its actually very possible people without the newer expansions may get a better result...

Quote: Originally posted by pixelhate
A little confusion in me... you mention a pet bug that make this possible but your item is tagged base game compatible. Does non -pet owner could also enjoy this nice creation ?
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 11:16 AM
Just when I think that everything possible has been made for TS2, somebody comes up with something new!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 3:08 PM
This is awesome! Good job!

Just one question, where did you find the beard? I've been looking all over for one for my dwarf.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 7:45 PM
I love this idea. I was just telling my husband the other day about ioun stones...they took a little explaining.

My sims gaming journal. Not very informative.
http://marjchaos.tripod.com/
Scholar
#19 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 2:13 PM
Wow these are great, it should be featured cause it looks like a lot of work went into this!
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Akabarl
I believe this accessory should work fine without Pets (if that is not the case, somebody please drop me a note).

The Pets issue is that if a particular variable is set to StandardMaterial, some accessories have a visual bleed through, which can be corrected by setting the variable to SimStandardMaterial. SimStandardMaterial objects don't seem compatable with animation though, so I had to use StandardMaterial for this object, which means Pets and beyond users may see the bleed through. So its actually very possible people without the newer expansions may get a better result...

I origionally downloaded this without pets it worked fine I now have pets, still good!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 7:04 PM
This is probably an annoying request, but could you possibly recolor it in gold? Such an awesome creation!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 3:02 PM
its really cool thx, looking good for my warlock sims
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 4:17 PM
I wonder if I could make Buzz Buzz from this? Thanks for the Ioun Stone! :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 15th May 2016 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by billielith
I wonder if I could make Buzz Buzz from this? Thanks for the Ioun Stone!

Just started messing with Sims 2 after a loooooong time. What is Buzz Buzz?
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#25 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 6:16 PM
I've never heard of such a thing (I don't play D&D) but wow!