Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 11:14 PM
Default Couple of questions about S3PE
I have a couple of questions about creating CAS content in S3PE, so here goes:

First, I have this CC denim jacket here that I want to try to turn into an aviator-style jacket with wool lining and everything. Problem is, it doesn't have a normal or a specular. Or, if it does, it's one of the half-dozen 32x32 image files that's in here. How do I determine the purpose of an _IMG tagged resource (or any resource for that matter), and if it's not what I'm looking for, how do I add a new resource and "link" it to the existing object?

And second, how do I add or remove CASt presets? I know there's other tools for this kind of stuff, but on my end, they're all all sorts of broken and won't do what I need them to without various Visual Studio- or C-related errors and ensuing crashes. So I'll have to rely on S3PE.

Thanks

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I have a couple of questions about creating CAS content in S3PE, so here goes:

First, I have this CC denim jacket here that I want to try to turn into an aviator-style jacket with wool lining and everything. Problem is, it doesn't have a normal or a specular. Or, if it does, it's one of the half-dozen 32x32 image files that's in here. How do I determine the purpose of an _IMG tagged resource (or any resource for that matter), and if it's not what I'm looking for, how do I add a new resource and "link" it to the existing object?

From what I've seen, speculars are referenced in quite a few resources:
- the XML with the same name as your CAS item (so not the other XMLs that point to the mask or the patterns) + the XMLs for your CAS presets;
- the CASP resource;
- the GEOM resources;
- the TXTC resource that has "specular" in its name.

I really don't have experience with editing the GEOM ones except for removing things from them, but it sounds like it'll be easier to clone a CAS item that already has all the necessary parts assigned and place your meshes and textures over that.

Adding a new resource is pretty easy: click on Resource \ Add, then select the type (_IMG), enter 0 for the group, write its name, then click on the FNV64 button and it'll be assigned a resource ID.

Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
And second, how do I add or remove CASt presets? I know there's other tools for this kind of stuff, but on my end, they're all all sorts of broken and won't do what I need them to without various Visual Studio- or C-related errors and ensuing crashes. So I'll have to rely on S3PE.

Click on the CASP resource, then "Grid", then on the cell to the right of the "Presets" section. You'll see a box with 3 dots appear; click on that and a window will pop up. There you can select the presets on the left and delete them

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
I really don't have experience with editing the GEOM ones except for removing things from them, but it sounds like it'll be easier to clone a CAS item that already has all the necessary parts assigned and place your meshes and textures over that.
Adding a new resource is pretty easy: click on Resource \ Add, then select the type (_IMG), enter 0 for the group, write its name, then click on the FNV64 button and it'll be assigned a resource ID.

I'm not entirely sure I follow, but what if I want to assign a texture to something of which there are no versions that come with said textures? In the aforementioned case I was merely trying to add a specular to a CAS item but I also want to see if I can add a specular to a terrain texture, and terrain textures don't have speculars by default.
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Click on the CASP resource, then "Grid", then on the cell to the right of the "Presets" section. You'll see a box with 3 dots appear; click on that and a window will pop up. There you can select the presets on the left and delete them

What if I want to add a preset instead of removing it?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 2:42 PM
When it comes to the terrain paint thingy, you have to get a specific shader in order for it to work. The reason why objects can't have bump maps is the same reason why terrain paints can't have specular maps, mainly because the shader doesn't support those maps
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 8:57 PM
And I'm guessing it's not at all feasible to try to swap or modify shaders?
How about adding presets, then? I still find that to be a thing I'd very much like to be able to do.

insert signature here
Site Helper
#6 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 3:42 PM
Have you played around at all with Texture Tweaker ?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Have you played around at all with Texture Tweaker ?

I've tried it, but I'm afraid it's no use considering it'll only load BuildBuy content, and throw an error when I do it. Whenever I open a CAS item's package, apparently it can't find any project objects.

insert signature here