Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 6:38 AM Last edited by Cactus_Hugger : 4th Aug 2018 at 5:46 AM.
Default How to resize an existing item/mesh? -solved-
So let me begin by saying I have no idea how to do anything regarding TSR.
There a Sims 3 accessory I found online. I'd like to make it smaller on the sims so it does not appear floating over the sims' hair, but actually hugging their head.
I wanted to do this as a personal thing, because I don't plan on being a mesh thief, and just want it for my own game.

Can someone please explain to me in terms a complete idiot with no experience could understand, how to make a mesh smaller?
Do I need those fancy programs that people use to create the actual mesh, or is there something much more simple to just make it a bit smaller?

I've got as far as importing it into the program.

Sorry this is such a pathetic post...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 11:58 AM Last edited by CandicePinky : 3rd Aug 2018 at 12:19 PM.
It’s a hair accessory?
If the accessory is set to Hat Rig, you can resize and position with CAS Slider on the CAS screen.
If you do resize the mesh yourself, Milkshape may be necessary.
There may be other methods besides this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 1:22 AM
Excuse my stupidity please....

Aren't hats only classified as hair? Or is there something I'm missing? I am also not aware of a slider for a hat....
I believe it's classified as a ring...but would I be able to change that in TSR?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 4:00 AM Last edited by CandicePinky : 4th Aug 2018 at 10:36 AM.
I do not fully understand about Create.
Also, the way to make CC in Sims 3 may vary depending on the person.

Even in categories of rings, if the creatorhas set the bone to Hat_Rig, you can adjust it with Hat CAS Slider.
About Hat Slider
http://awtmk.blogspot.com/2011/04/b...at-control.html
Does it describe whether CAS Slider can be used in the manual of CC?

sorry.
Isn't a hair accessory, not a ring accessory?

If it isn’t compatible with Hat Slider, you may need to fix it.
I think that it can not be changed only by TSRW.

I have tried only how to change in Milkshape.

Fix it with free 3D editing software Blender.
Perhaps it may be possible if you replace Simsgeom with Sim3pe,
I have never tried that method.

We need to ask a skilled creator.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 5:46 AM
I tried it out anyways. The link was broken so I had to dig through google. But it works! thanks a bunch! :D