Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 7:12 PM Last edited by monca533 : 4th Aug 2012 at 7:25 PM.
Default Renumbering
Hi guys!

I made a full medieval armor: top, bottom and helmet and would like to know how to renumber those parts.

The top comes to middle of the thighs. So, am I right to consider it as a full body?
In this case, which the number I have to use?

About the helmet, which the number that I have to use?

Thank you so much for any help! :D
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 4:38 AM
If the top is meant to be used with a bottom, it should be classified as a top. Tops and full bodies start with the same numbering anyway.

The standard numbers for Sims 3: tops and full bodies start with 5000. Bottoms start with 15000. If the helmet is a hair it should start with 20000. If it's an accessory you don't have to number it at all unless you need morphs, which don't make a lot of sense for a helmet. I don't know if Medieval uses the same numbers, though.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 1:18 PM
Thank you so much for the help, CmarNYC! :lovestruc

Is my first experiment with this kind of clothing meshes.

About the helmet, I made it as a hair.

I'll try fix the present issues with the meshes.

Can I ask your help if something get wrong?
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 12:55 AM
Well, I'm here again...
I made the top armor in 3ds max, using amTopJacketSmoking as base and CTU (it is not a frankenstein). I assigned bones and renumbered it (I didn't made morphs).

In game, it shows some distortions.

Those issues are caused by the morphs?

What I have to do?

I want so much learn how to work with clothing mesh!

Thank you very much for the help!

P.S.: Please, don't worry about the textures, it's just a test.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 1:05 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 6th Aug 2012 at 2:55 AM.
One way to tell if distortion is caused by morphs is to see if it disappears when you make the sim midway between fat and thin with zero muscles.

If you didn't make morphs, CTU simply linked it to the morphs for the smoking jacket, and that's what's causing the distortion. If you didn't add or remove vertices the smoking jacket morphs might work okay if you hadn't renumbered. (If you want to put the original vertex numbering back, Mesh Toolkit can do that.) Looks like you have to make morphs and that should fix it.

And of course you can ask!
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 3:10 AM
Thanks for the answer! :lovestruc

I made the sim fat and no muscles and the distortion are still there. If will be the morphs causing issues, I think I'll have to use TSRW for to make the top (I don't know how to work with S3OC)

How can I put the original vertex number back in Mesh Toolkit?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 8:08 AM
In the GEOM tools tab, use the "Replace Values" tab and copy from the original mesh to your modified mesh. Check off only the Vertex ID to be copied. You can also use the Convert to TSRW function to convert your mesh to a .wso.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 12:21 PM
Thanks a lot!

I'll do this and, as soon as I fix the top, I'll post here for you to see.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 12:38 AM
Hi again, CmarNYC, I still need your help!

I created the fat, fit and thin morphs for the Lod_1, using the Mesh Toolkit, but I couldn't create the morphs for Lod_2 and Lod_3 because I don't have the reference morphs for those lods.

I know the TSRW has the morphs for Lod_2 and Lod_3, but I couldn't use them as reference morphs. I tried import those lods/morphs in Milkshape and export them to simgeom using the Q-Mesh Sims 3 GEOM Exporter plugin, but the Mesh Toolkit doesn't accepted them (the plugin creates simgeom and the Mesh Toolkit needs simgeom GEOM, I think).

So, I have some questions:

Can I use the fat, fit and thin morphs from Lod_1 as reference to create the Lod_2 and Lod_3 morphs?

If not, from where I can get those morphs?

Thank you, once more!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 2:50 AM
Try the fullbuild0.package. It's one of those. You can also just click the show all files when importing to use the ones you have, they should work.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#11 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 8:01 AM
If you can't find the lod2 morphs, you can either use the lod1 and then fix any mismatches at the seams, or extract the BGEOs from the TSRW project data and use them for the reference morphs.
Sockpuppet
#12 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 8:21 AM
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 3:46 AM
Hi guys!

Thank you all for the tips!

Omegastar: I did what you said and got successfuly the 3 morphs of the 3 lods. Thank you!

I made the morphs using the Mesh Toolkit for all the lods, but now, I'm having another problem:

I know how to turn the morphs into BGEOs (Make Clothing/Hair BGEO), but I don't know how to turn simgeons into GEOMs for to replace the lods in s3pe.

I'm following the steps of this tutorial and I would like to import the top using s3pe; I don't want to use TSRW (it seems that TSRW has a issue with the bump map).

Thank you all for the help! :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#14 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 5:31 AM
No problem simgeoms are GEOMs. As long as they are named the same thing they will overwrite the old ones when you import them into the package. You shouldn't need TSRW but I haven't ever had any problems with bump maps before.
Sockpuppet
#15 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 10:12 AM
me neither, only when you forget to update one of the lods.
You must edit them all in order for the new bumpmap to show up.
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 12:45 AM
Thanks guys! :lovestruc

Maybe I'm doing something wrong when importing the bump.

This is what I do in TSRW:

- Import the 3 lods;
- Import Multiplier, Specular and Mask for each lod;
- Go to Mesh tab/material and make the Alpha map, Difuse map and Specular map empty and import my bump map into Normal map for each lod.

Am I doing this right?

About s3pe, I did the replacement of the lods (I was not choosing the right file extension...), but I can't replace the morphs, which are with .simgeon extension instead BGEO...

I think I'm a dunce... lol :D
Forum Resident
#17 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monca533
Thanks guys! :lovestruc

Maybe I'm doing something wrong when importing the bump.

This is what I do in TSRW:

- Import the 3 lods;
- Import Multiplier, Specular and Mask for each lod;
- Go to Mesh tab/material and make the Alpha map, Difuse map and Specular map empty and import my bump map into Normal map for each lod.

Am I doing this right?

Kinda? If you're importing the main textures via the textures tab you don't need to do it for each LOD, they share the same textures. When you're in the materials tab don't make the diffuse and specular empty, just point it towards your new ones via edit, then browse. Or at least that's what I do.

Quote:
About s3pe, I did the replacement of the lods (I was not choosing the right file extension...), but I can't replace the morphs, which are with .simgeon extension instead BGEO...

I think I'm a dunce... lol :D

For the morphs you need to find Cmar's morph tool kit. It has the option to add morphs to a package for you.
Sockpuppet
#18 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 8:36 AM
As Omega says.

You can also use those morphs in Milkshape together with the base group exported from TSRW.
So basegroup is WSO while morphs were imported as simGEOM/GEOM
Only thing you have to do is rename the meshgroups

When you have them all in one file you can export them as WSO and import them im TSRW
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 12:21 PM
OMG! It's so simple and I'm complicating everything!

Thank you very, very much my friends! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!! :lovestruc :lovestruc
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 1:58 AM
Well, I'm here again...

The morphs issues are solved.

Now, my problem is about the parts I want that be transparent on the helmet.
I made my helmet by cloning the bike helmet.

At the material, into mesh tab, I added Alpha mask threshold 95 for all the lods, but the borders of the feathers and the holes at the visor are showing black ingame.

So, there is a way to make those details transparent?

Thank you! :lovestruc
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#21 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 5:34 AM
Since you're using TSRW you have to use a item that uses transparency as your clone. Try the mummy outfit or a necklace.
Sockpuppet
#22 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 9:08 AM
Let me look, wrote it down somewere

Quote:
You need S3PE and the S3PE TSRW plugin for this i think unless TSRW lets you change the shader?
http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=189.0
http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=193.0

- Clone a outfit with 2 meshgroups
- click project contents in tsrw menu
- in the popup you right click the 2nd meshgroup(GEOM)
- S3PE will open
- select the GEOM and click the GRID button at the bottom
- open the Chunkentries and open the RCOLblock till you see the shader listed
- Change the shader number into 0xA7B368FB (2813552891)
- commit and save the file

You now can use the 2nd meshgroup for transparant clothing parts.
You can make it more or less transparant with the multiplier or overlay alpha channel of the texture.
The shader is not listed in s3pe, its the one from Simhairsimple
If you only want to make alpha edits(cut away meshparts) without transparancy then use 0xDC077A45 (3691477573)
You do need to use the transparancymap then for the edits
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 12:18 PM
Thank you Omega and Bloom!

@Bloom: I saved your tips and I'll try that.

Thanks a lot to both!!!! :lovestruc
Sockpuppet
#24 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 1:04 PM
The easiest way is to clone the egyptian neckless.
That way you dont have to edit anything.
It does requiere WA EP if im correct

basegame accesoires should work if you use that same shader
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
Let me look, wrote it down somewere

Hi Bloom!

I was wondering: if I'll clone a outfit to make the helmet, I'll not have problems with the UV?
Page 1 of 2