Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
#51 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 1:50 AM
I dont know if there are but you can use the female fullbody for it and load the male meshes in it and set it to male category.
The WSO file contains the skeleton so no need to fix those.
Advertisement
Banned
#52 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Base1980
I dont know if there are but you can use the female fullbody for it and load the male meshes in it and set it to male category.
The WSO file contains the skeleton so no need to fix those.

For those following the thread, Base 1980 has offered a real creative solution to a lot of problems with Frankensteining.

I would add that one also needs to change the parts mask under the textures tabif going from a full body mesh to a top or bottom only mesh.
Scholar
Original Poster
#53 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 3:58 AM
Ok guys, the dress appears in CAS but doesn't appear in the game... and I choose categories everyday and formal, but it only shows in the formal's categorie.

I made as Base said at post #26. I don't know what I can do to make the mesh works.
I'm thinkin to give up...
Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#54 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 4:10 AM
Delete your caches in your sims 3 folder Monca, make sure you dont have earlier attempts in your DCbackup, Downloads or packages folder.
You are so close now, dont give up
You can upload the file to see if it conflicts with earlier files, i can check it if it works in my game.
Scholar
Original Poster
#55 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 4:12 AM
Oh, thank you Base! You are a cutie! :lovestruc

Here is the dress:
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Monca_Fantasy_Dress.zip (1.74 MB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
Original Poster
#56 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 4:33 AM
Base: I have to sleep now (0:30 here). Tomorrow I'll see if you had success with it, and verify what you said. Good night! :lovestruc
Sockpuppet
#57 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 5:52 AM Last edited by Base1980 : 30th Jun 2010 at 6:54 AM.
Open the package with CTU, click everyday, commit and save
It shows fine ingame, nothing wrong with it
Bad choice of shoes , srry haha
When in CTU dont go to the design tab, you might get format errors(its the patterns and colors, they are diffrent in CTU)
Nice dress!

Edit,
You can also reopen it with TSRW and do the same.
*start with create a new object
*choose new import
*browse to your package you want(change at the popup window at the bottom the desired format, sims3pack or package)
*Make the changes
*export as sims3pack
*convert with Delphy's multi packer.

I had a look at you file with Postal because it was more then 2mb.
You really dont need to import all those DDS files
I see 6 bumpmapfiles(normalmap)
You only import one for the highdetail.
When changing the medium and low detail you do not import but choose browse and select the one you already imported.
You can do the same with the mask/specular and multiplier textures.
When choosing browse you get a popup, you can also delete the old normalmap files there, delete them all and reimport one on the highdetailmesh.
Then redo the others and link them to that texture.

btw, do you know a good tutorial for making normalmaps?
Have a good day
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#58 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 12:21 PM
Morning Base!
Primeiro: eu tenho que agradecer muito pela sua preciosa ajuda , o que é realmente uma "escola" para mim! : lovestruc : lovestruc

Sobre o tuto mapa normal , eu tenho usado o seguinte:

[ http://wiki.thesimsresource.com/ind...itle=Normal_Map url] # How_to_create_a_The_Sims_3_Normal_Map [/ url]

Edit: Alterar a cor de sapatos e vai ser bom ... hahahaha : rofl :

Have a nice day too!
Banned
#59 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 1:14 PM
One of the things that I have noticed with a lot of the top and bottom meshes is that a line appears where the top mesh meets with a bottom mesh. This is more apparent when the sime moves. Apparently, the two meshes don't quite meet, leaving a small space between them. I have noticed this on a number of my projects, and the projects of other creators. Generally, I have ignored it since it is not something that I notice in game. But I do notice it in CAS.

I have pointed it out in one of my latest projects. (Who says all of the sims in Twin Bridges are ugly?)

Is there any way to fix it?
Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#60 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 2:17 PM
Thank you Mona!

TJ: Never happened to me...Looks like you either moved the skeleton or one of the meshgroups by accident.
You create with TSR(WSO plugin) or CTU(WEs his GEOM plugin)?
Banned
#61 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 4:16 PM
Thank you Mona!

TJ: Never happened to me...Looks like you either moved the skeleton or one of the meshgroups by accident.
You create with TSR(WSO plugin) or CTU(WEs his GEOM plugin)?

I used TSR Workshop. I simply imported the meshes. Didn't even enter Milkshape. Now part of it may simply be that with the nude meshes, the top and bottom meshes meet up in the same spot -- there is no overlap. I am thinking that the solution might be to moify the meshes -- move the top mesh down a hair, and the bottom mesh up a hair.

I was going to mess with these meshes anyway, because the top and bottom nude meshes from TSR Workshop to not have a preggers morph. Particularly with the full body nude outfit (on which the sex suit is based), I really want to have a preggers morph.

At the moment, I am just picking up the low lying fruit to post on my blog site.
Sockpuppet
#62 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 4:59 PM Last edited by Base1980 : 30th Jun 2010 at 6:02 PM.
Try using the method i suggested in post 26 but extract the nude top and bottom first so you have the correct data for the mesh and skeleton.
I made a small tut that lets you make pregnant shapes in a few minutes.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=398865
It is explained for GEOM importer but works the same for WSO files.
Use the aftopburnt and bottom as reference mesh, it has a pregnant shape.(a very ugly one tho but you can adjust it a little, just do not touch the seam!)

Edit,
Realizing you prolly want them as seperates, just do one at the time then
This pregnant morph prolly conflicts with the ones Cmar released, giving you gaps at the waist but i prefer to stick to the pregnant shape from the basegame while she made a custom one.
Oh, and before you start searching your ass off, the meshes are located in the singed clothing category. :D

Edit,

This gap can also have been caused by the wrong linked meshes in the adult category.

Alot adult outfits are linked to either the elder or teen but linked to the adult morphs.
Normally TSRW will give a error when trying to reimport those meshes back.(as most of them have a mismatch on just a few vertices/faces)
If the nudes for teen through elder are build identical you wont get that error but since the morphs are diffrent you will end up with a gap.
One of those nudes(teen, adult or elder) is linked correct so if you want to fix this you should try the teen nude, build your top from it and set it to adult.
If this doesn't fix it try the elder(or is it the young adult?)
I hope TSRW will fix this soon!

Edit,
Nevermind....this aint going to work...
I tried the afTopShirtFitted_tank but its just corrupt, the teen, young adult, adult just dont load.
Even if i try to switch them, load the teen into adult for instance.
Neither does it work for when i load the young adult and the adult morphs or watever combination i am trying....
Scholar
Original Poster
#63 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 2:38 AM
Hi Base!
Finally a got the dress in game, thank you!
Now, I'm going to submit it in CFF.

About the Normal Map, was that what you wanted?
Screenshots
Banned
#64 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 4:03 AM
If this doesn't fix it try the elder(or is it the young adult?)
I hope TSRW will fix this soon!

I like Workshop because it is easy to use. One does not have to worry about things like sliders BGEOs and the like.

But it is seriously borked and a lot of the meshes don't work right. I guess this is OK for the Favored Artists because (1) it appears that they have their own functional version of the program, and (2) they generally confine themselves to painting new textures on existing meshes -- very few of the FA's making clothese seem to make their own meshes. Meshing is a lot of work and one cannot pump out a lot of product if one is making new meshes all the time.
Sockpuppet
#65 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 5:04 AM
Yes Monca, thank you for the link!
I prefer CTU also but i miss the transparancy map in it to create alpha clothing, and the lod3_1 and some other things...
Still wishing Delphy, Cmar and Wes will team up
Test Subject
#66 Old 31st May 2011 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tjstreak
By the way, are there any of the two part body meshes for males?

The amBodyScientistL3Labcoat has 2 groups for each LOD
Sockpuppet
#67 Old 31st May 2011 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by piffy
The amBodyScientistL3Labcoat has 2 groups for each LOD

Or use a adult female, they use the same setup
Page 3 of 3