Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1112
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 10 (Who?), Viewed: 2249 times.
Search this Thread
Old 3rd Jul 2018, 3:07 AM DefaultOnline shopping browsing habits and you... #1
PANDAQUEEN
Original Poster

Alchemist

I bet for those of you who shop online, you are typified by your browsing habits. You probably look at something you have your eye on, but have to wait until all your dues are taken care of.

I tend to browse electronic hardware (gaming systems, optical disc players, wires, memory cards) and electronic software (CDs from old dance music collections and video game, movie and anime soundtracks, DVDs of movies and TV series, animated or live action, domestic or foreign and video games from popular franchises or quirky breaks from the norm.)

I used to be an avid doll collector, but lately, the doll market is slowly returning to being dominated by Barbie. I usually collect dolls that aren't Barbie. Still, I have yet to look at the marketplace and see if there is still hope for the doll market for a non-conforming collector.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Old 4th Jul 2018, 2:00 PM #2
smellincoffee
Forum Resident

1 Achievements

If I log into Amazon, the main page is "BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS ELECTRONICS GYM SHORTS".

While I do buy a lot of used books on Amazon, I think their ubiquity comes from the fact that I'm constantly BROWSING for books, reading reviews, that kind of thing. Goodreads is better for reviews, but the main Amazon site has a better "related books" section.
Old 4th Jul 2018, 3:10 PM #3
PANDAQUEEN
Original Poster

Alchemist

Gym shorts? Just what length are they? Basketball length or small "70s roller rink" length?

Either way, I buy books through Kindle and I have the Kindle app and I'm partway through the 12 Captain Underpants books. I read a couple of the books in 6th grade elementary, but it became a matter of catching up on them before the movie by DreamWorks. I think the next book in the queue of the storyline was "Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People". It's got toilet humor and is a constantly challenged book for a number of reasons. Still I enjoy troublemakers and their epic pranks backfiring which leads to the line "George and Harold were responsible boys. If anything happened, they were responsible."

Sometimes I might buy HBC (Health, Beauty and Cosmetics, something I picked up from my mother working at a dollar store.) Like bath bombs with rings or deep conditioner with colorants (technically it's not dye due in part of its chemical structure coming from plant extracts with semi-permanent pigment.) Word of warning: it contains oil of spearmint, so you will stink like chewing gum during the processing.

I also have my eyes on chromatherapy glasses to help with my mood and I hear that the brand I am investigating is super potent.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 4th Jul 2018 at 10:28 PM.
Old 4th Jul 2018, 9:14 PM #4
ladybaileys
Test Subject

I use to buy cheap stuffs like necklaces, nailpolish, make up, stickers, stationery.. in a famous asiatic shop that I don't care if they arrive or not, the truth is I've never had any problem with anything I've ordered, I also use to buy thinking on halloween, christmas etc costumes pieces, decoration. I've ordered some clothes too, but just because I really really really wanted them, I don't want to store too many clothes that I never wear, but I'm totally in love with the few clothes I've bought.
I also buy stuffs to try them, to see how they work, I discover many weird stuffs in this place hahaha
Old 4th Jul 2018, 9:21 PM #5
Johnny_Bravo
Alchemist

14 Achievements

View My Journal

When I open amazon it shows mainly clothing I want to buy one day. I browse for cars and car parts too despite not having a car let alone a driver's licence.

If you've ever fantasized about your funeral/ I understand/ I've been there before
-Touché Amoré
Old 4th Jul 2018, 10:24 PM #6
haywud
Top Secret Researcher

I looked on Amazon just now to see what it would show, seems it was just a bunch of generic crap since I haven't signed in since forever ago. I'm sure if I did log in then it would show mostly video game crap, and then probably some weird movies based on the weird crap my dad ordered in the past using my account. One interesting thing to note, when I looked just now there were some watch bands on there that I thought were sex toys for whatever reason. I don't know why I thought that, they just looked weird, probably because I'm going (or have gone) insane.
Old 4th Jul 2018, 10:57 PM #7
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

I don't use Amazon, I almost always use ebay, and very very rarely Etsy. My ebay list is all kinds of random stuff though. It mostly shows Studio Ghibli stuff (figures, t-shirts, etc), motorbike helmets, a penis pen (I don't know why but either way I'm buying it!) and the general cheap clothing items from China. Today it's also showing crop-tops because I saw a really cool Goku sports-bra a few days ago, which got me looking at other designs (including batman) which they also did as crop-tops.

When I'm online shopping, I really don't buy any specific things. I guess I mostly just use it to get a sense of how much certain items cost. I do buy some clothes online, but I've noticed the problems with cheap fabrics, size differences, etc so I don't do it often, unless I want to try out a certain type of clothing (for example, I did once buy a crop-top from Ebay to see if I'd like wearing Crop-tops) or unless I know the item is decent quality for the price. I also buy some imported food from America or Japan from there too, but not as often. I also buy gifts I wouldn't be able to just BUY in any shop (e.g. Anime figures, personalised items etc) And converse, because nowhere around sells them and they're my preferred shoe of choice. I don't really have much to say about online shopping, it is what it is, and it means I don't have to leave the house to buy stuff because I live in the middle of nowhere so my choices are quite limited.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old 5th Jul 2018, 11:05 AM #8
RicoSuavecito
Field Researcher

1 Achievements

I opened Amazon and I see bedsheets, pressure cookers, sectional sofas, and a book on the financial industry. By God have I really gotten that old and boring? My Ebay has earrings and cellphones. I understand I am no nonsense but this is a whole new level. I also realized I was learning about Medicare while drinking prune juice. I'm only 30 please save me! I'm becoming old, bitter, and boring!

- Sent from my iHell
Old 6th Jul 2018, 10:56 PM #9
PANDAQUEEN
Original Poster

Alchemist

@RicoSuavecito I had 8 months more experience on being 30 and it's only going to get worst if you let it.

You need to take time and find something fun you like.

BTW, Prune juice is pointless if you have no gallbladder. Lost mine on Alice Cooper's birthday in 2010. He turned 62 and I was wheeled into the OR that night and woke up having to watch the crappy select channels in the hospital's cable feed while staying the night in the hospital. You think a 5-star hospital would at least have a better cable selection than limited basic.

Old 7th Jul 2018, 5:16 PM #10
jaytee95
Field Researcher

I only log in if I'm going to buy something, I don't use Amazon for everything, and more often than not I get to the order screen and find out it's being sold by a third-party that can't ship to an Amazon Locker (even in a smaller town we've had things stolen right off the front porch) so I cancel it out entirely and log out. So most of the time sites beg me to log in so they can provide recommendations. I say 'no thanks, I'll pass'.
Old 13th Jul 2018, 1:37 AM #11
PANDAQUEEN
Original Poster

Alchemist

It doesn't have to apply to just Amazon or eBay.

Online shops accessible through game console or websites devoted to specialty items are acceptable.

Currently thinking of purchasing chromatherapy glasses in the ten available colors in the Heart shaped lenses most people associate with promotional materials every time an adaptation of Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov is produced on film. It's not really flattering to have the illicit association, but I can't rock their Cat Eye, Round or Translucent Frames. Don't get me started on the Mercury frames. I have long hair now and I hate hair catching in the frame.

I did buy bath bombs one and I might do it again.

I have considered subscription to a crate service because I live in a 95% white county, which makes my studies in linguistics pretty much worthless except when my grandparents are in Edison, NJ.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 20th Jul 2018 at 7:05 PM.

Section jump: