Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1167
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 720 (Who?), Viewed: 19896 times.
Search this Thread
Old 5th Dec 2018, 11:36 PM #701
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Been feeling off today. Took one mistake to upset me and now I have to wait until Boxing Day (although I live in the United States and Boxing Day is commonly associated with places with servants who work through Christmas, I ended up with very little this month and am relying on Christmas bonuses for my "heir to the throne" position as the first of the grandchildren of my grandfather's bloodlines) to order anything. Turned out a number of errors wreaked havoc on my bank account and I have been feeling bad because I found myself in a fighting mood with not just Cassie on Skype, but me and the cat trying to get comfortable on her favorite recliner and cushion and my father and him trying to examine any nutritional deficiencies.

Today was fine otherwise. I got some packages and now I have a purse that's ready for anything.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Old 6th Dec 2018, 4:01 AM #702
HarVee
Theorist

5 Achievements

I wanna punch something.

/wɒt Iz lʌv?/
/beɪbi dəʊnt həːt miː/
/dəʊnt həːt miː/
/nəʊ mɔː/
Old 6th Dec 2018, 8:58 PM #703
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Pissed off to find I had to give up the 3 games I wanted. No Pokémon Let's Go or Smash Brothers.

I hate December because my finances are stretched thin and tight like the skin of a drum. I hate Christmukkah because I am strapped for cash every year!

This has gone from griping to "I'M GONNA KILL MYSELF AND IT'S YOUR FAULT!" Level of hissy fit.

Not to mention, because of my father's driving record, we can't go out for sushi.

Yes, I want this year to be over and done with.

Tonight, my parents are going to talk to my grandparents about buying the house from them, separating this property from the estate. That, and we like living here.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 6th Dec 2018 at 10:59 PM.
Old 7th Dec 2018, 12:28 AM #704
tsukasa31
Test Subject

3 Achievements

I feel really bad , I just realized that the archive
I shared was another T0T file and there are at least 100 people who took the wrong archive ...
There is something to do harakiri when we try to do everything well. Too much disgusted T0T. Forgive me T0T

¤SIMBLR¤ID Origin : AudreyLD ¤Twitter : @arcaiastudio ¤Page FB¤ ¤ Youtube¤
Old 7th Dec 2018, 1:29 PM #705
Shadow214
Lab Assistant

Worried. Seems like all the environment scientists est say we're all doomed within the next 50 years no matter what and the doomsday clock is two minutes to midnight. All species seem to be heading to death.
Old 7th Dec 2018, 7:22 PM #706
sailorleontine6
Field Researcher

i'm not feeling so good, i have a sore throat, i'm tired, i coughed and sneeze, i've also got a cold and i get warm (probably a fever)
so i'm gonna rest for awhile
Old 7th Dec 2018, 8:02 PM #707
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

Adam's Dad takes the prize for "Most uninterested person" from my sister. He told him we were having a baby, and also the usual "sorry it's been a few weeks since we've talked I've been really busy", and his Dad's only reaction was to rant about his finance problems........ ooookay.

On a brighter note, my Nanna was really excited and started crying. We just sat in a cafe for about 10 minutes cuddling while she cried and stared at the scan photo.

All in all; a good day.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old 7th Dec 2018, 11:59 PM #708
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Having a really bad period. So bad, I am convinced mainstream period product commercials are produced by men.

I had a headache where my head felt like a dense block of wood and there is somebody driving nails and screws in.

I felt as if somebody stuck a spike ball that made the cramps worst.

What amplified the insanity was I had been suffering from panic attacks that come barreling onward towards you like a speeding MACK truck without brakes.

This weekend is to going to be one long ass torture women my age understand. Whenever I get a period, the way it flows is like a punishment for not getting pregnant.

Old 8th Dec 2018, 12:09 AM #709
Emmett Brown
Inventor

Laughing my hind end off.
Got an e-mail from the "academic advisor" for the Graduate EE department at the Uni. (I was enrolled there but encountered departmental politics). Funny as heck, the subject line is a stream of digital gibberish. The EE department advisor is an e-mail failure!
haha. ha.
Guess you had to be there.

Sims are better than us.
Old 8th Dec 2018, 11:39 PM #710
sailorleontine6
Field Researcher

i feel a bit better, i'm not tired, i sneezed less and i don't get that warm anymore.

allthough i still coughed like a lot (a bit less then yesterday though) i still catch a cold and i still have a sore throat but a bit less
but i still need to recover and rest
Old 9th Dec 2018, 10:44 AM #711
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Period is coming to Day 3. Normally, the period product companies depict women wearing white on the beach on that day.

Reality: I am not asking for a ride to the frickin' beach when I have laundry, garbage and sorting of my sketchbooks. Besides, it's too cold for that shit.

In all honesty, I rather get chores done.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 9th Dec 2018 at 11:27 AM.
Old 9th Dec 2018, 10:06 PM #712
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

Morning sickness came back with a vengence. I threw up all over the stairwell at work. Luckily the cleaner was at the top of the stairs. I couldn't stop apologising though. I tried to hold it!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old 10th Dec 2018, 7:24 AM #713
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Been reading my TS3 and TS4 "What's happening in your game?" posts and I gotta say... somehow I make a better creator goddess than a creation. For the most part, I pretty much go out of my way in my gaming style to please my avatar's whims and wants. There were some times I built drowning pools or starved the Sims to death, but overall, I am fair to my creations.

Also been watching elf starring Will Ferrell. It's actually this strange "fish-out-of-water" scenario where, after a baby boy stowed away in Santa's sack of gifts at the orphanage, an elder elf raised the boy, dubbed Buddy by the elves of the workshop. However, being that Buddy is human, upon the revelation and confession of his heritage, he is told to head southward to New York City and find his human father (who is on Santa's naughty list) and attempt to instill the Christmas spirit in his biological father to make things right again.

One Christmas special I haven't seen in years is The Town Santa Forgot which was about a greedy kid named Jeremy Creek who wrote a ½ mile long Christmas list and sent it to the North Pole. However, Jeremy Creek is also the name of a town Santa frequently missed. So the toys were sent to Jeremy Creek, the town and Jeremy Creek the boy learned it was better to give than receive. The twist ending was the narrator was Jeremy Creek as a grandfather. It was told in verse by Dick van Dyke and it was made in the late 1980s-early 1990s by Hanna-Barbera so it was at a turning point for the decade of greed into a decade of world unity and care.

I cleaned up a corner of my room and put my sketchbooks on the shelf along with my junior year high school yearbook, an anime magazine from Argentina (my father was a teacher who taught mostly through Europe and Asia on various software coding and programming (Most of his students understood English so teaching wasn't the issue, but the poorly translated worksheets were.) His visit on the other side of the Earth wasn't without a souvenir. I used to have a disc that came with the magazine with content like songs and videos and interactive games like dressup dolls, but I lost it after one too many moves around the country.) and a color photo guide from England from the 1970s on proper care of kittens and how to interpret and interact with them in playtime. It's amazing what you unearth when you clean your room or work spaces.

I think one of the weirdest ideas of a "know more about friends and family" is that, the majority of my family and family friends is Catholic or related to Christian beliefs and has at one point have written letters to Santa. We usually say "What we want for Christmas..." and without explanation in-depth. We list a minimum\maximum of about 5 items. This year I said:
1.) Redemption card for Super Smash Brothers Ultimate and Fighters Pass
2.) Redemption cards for Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee
3.) PokéBall Plus
4.) $35 Nintendo eShop card (They finally brought Katamari to Nintendo. There were rumors years ago, but it now has come to fruition.)
5.) A 128 GB SanDisk micro SD card, preferably without the Nintendo branding.

The games I have already are:
*Super Mario Odyssey
*ARMS
*Splatoon 2 (have not been able to play it due to the subscription service, so it's been a while)
*Sonic Forces
*Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
*Sushi Striker: the Way of Sushido
*A couple of King of Fighters games (I am pretty lousy at it or I can't find the difficulty setting so I am not decked the moment I start my round.)
*Pokémon Quest
*Kirby Star Allies

My uncle Rob is easy to pick out of a line up. First, tell the men in the line up to shave their facial hair. My uncle is the one growing a five o'clock shadow moments after shaving it off like Homer Simpson. Not too long ago, he lost his dog Darby and his cat Mr. Bear to ill health. He recently adopted a female brown Tabby tuxedo and we're throwing out ideas for names. I suggested "Wreck-It Ron" instead of "Veronica the Destroyer". Then again, it's his cat, so it's just a matter of suggestions.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 10th Dec 2018 at 2:02 PM.
Old 10th Dec 2018, 4:26 PM #714
Gargoyle Cat
Original Poster

Alchemist

1 Achievements

I wonder what the record is for UPS to say something is out for delivery and yet the thing (s) haven't been delivered?

We haven't had snow storms or any other kind of wonky weather for that matter that would prevent them delivering, but today makes for day 3 or 2 if you count the fact that they don't deliver on Sunday. Granted, what I'm waiting for isn't anything exciting ( a HEPA filter for the canister vac and powder I put in the birds beans) but still. I spent all day Saturday waiting for them to show up as it is that time of year where people love to steal packages and nothing.

There was a conversation last week about having everything shipped to the post office as this kind of BS is starting to get on my nerves. I understand it's Christmas time and all that, but enough is enough. If I had the box shipped to the post office, I'd already have my HEPA filter and my bird stuff.
Old 10th Dec 2018, 8:06 PM #715
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Arghh! I KNOW you don't want to get me started on delivery services.

I've been doing a lot of shopping with Amazon, and I've realized something. When UPS delivers for them, they are a LOT better. They will knock on the door rather than just trusting my spidey senses will inform me of a package delivery.

Then again, I'm five miles from Florida. We don't get a whole lot of heavy snow :3

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Old 10th Dec 2018, 10:47 PM #716
Gargoyle Cat
Original Poster

Alchemist

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
Arghh! I KNOW you don't want to get me started on delivery services.

I've been doing a lot of shopping with Amazon, and I've realized something. When UPS delivers for them, they are a LOT better. They will knock on the door rather than just trusting my spidey senses will inform me of a package delivery.

Then again, I'm five miles from Florida. We don't get a whole lot of heavy snow :3

UPS did finally show up. Problem now is the HEPA filter that should have been shipped hasn't been. I can't blame UPS for that, but I can stop buying vacuum cleaners that require things to be replaced. I've cleaned the current filter 3 times. If I keep doing it, it is going to fall apart.

I see a game of vacuum cleaner shuffle in my immediate future. Get rid of the POS Bissell that has never lived up to its name, bring the canister vac downstairs as there is considerably less foot traffic down there, then buy a new plug-in vac for upstairs. I love the stick vac I bought and it does a awesome job, but it isn't meant to clean the whole house. The cash saved from grocery shopping once a month will pay for a new vacuum. When I'm ready, I'll clean out the other one (the Bissell) and donate it or stick out on the curb. As long as we have decent weather, it will disappear in less than a hour.
Old 10th Dec 2018, 11:20 PM #717
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

I got new bedsheets and a $25 gift card for Walmart from United Way. Due to the demographics regarding my existence, I am eligible. They tried to have me enter a raffle for a basic flat screen. The 2010 model that was willed to me is doing fine.

My father ran out of gas as we left the crowded Wawa. Luckily, we were able to get help because we broke down in the CostCo drive way. Due to federal compliance of state laws regarding requirement and restriction, use of the CostCo gas station does not require a membership in New Jersey (my home state in both past and present meaning) and Oklahoma. We were able to funnel enough to get us to the Triton gas station.

Well, I can say I had 2 brand new experiences in 2018:
1.) Getting stung by a wasp
2.) Be inside a car when it runs out of gas

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 10th Dec 2018 at 11:36 PM.
Old Yesterday, 2:38 AM #718
Brunnis-2
Lab Assistant

12 Achievements

View My Journal

Suffering the back-to-work blues after 5 days off with my beloved. Also re-living nostalgic heartbreak as my Highlander series binge has come to an end.

On the subject of work, I've noticed that when I've been off for more than my usual weekend, I get terribly stuttery on the phone when I return.

.:: B2 SIMS ::. All my creations in one place. With added brainspill.
.:: B2 SIMS: SIMBLR EDITION ::.Tumblr showcase. No frills, no spills.
.:: @B2Sims ::.Tweet, tweet!
Old Yesterday, 2:42 AM #719
sailorleontine6
Field Researcher

i'm not doing so good because i got a seizure during diner

i saw an aura coming though but it went so fast to warn everyone and got a seizure in no time and now i'm tired because of that
i already took a nap for an hour (a few hours ago) but now i can't sleep for awhile though

i used to had seizures as a kid (when i was just 6/7 months born, till i was almost 7) but i was operated and didn't had seizures for almost 13 years.
but almost a year ago the seizure is back again after in forever, my parents and the hospital thinks the computer is the cause of this (sometimes i sit on the computer ALL day, expect during diner)

but now it's probably i got sick on thursday, friday and the weekends (when i was at work yesterday, i only got an cold and that's it)
and when i catch a cold i hear a bit bad because my ears is a bit closed (or however it's called when you heard a bit bad when catching a cold)

luckily me i get to work later then usual so i can catch a sleep in the morning while tired though
Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM #720
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Just worn out trying to be honest.

My dream job is to be an animator or animation director. I want to work with people worldwide like an exchange student style program. I want to be better than Disney and its affiliated studios. I would like to be Brad Bird's apprentice because we believe that animation is an art form, not a genre. Animation can be anything, as best expressed by numerous anime studios. Brad might punch you in the mouth if you call animation a "genre". Brad Bird was the apprentice of one of Disney's Nine Old Men, the top 9 animators during Walt's reign of the studio, particularly motion pictures. (Bonus: a teacher named T. Hee was the guy who told Joe Ranft to do his own thing, before he became famous as a story department supervisor at Disney and Pixar. T. Hee was part of the team during the production of Pinocchio.)

I recently feel like the energy I had in my late teens and early twenties is smoldering out. I have been growing as a person, but part of me wants to meet someone, fall in love, marry, have children, have a decent job that I enjoy to pay for my life...

Actually, my father and I were reaching those crises people face as they age. He's at a midlife crisis and worrying of not being able to become his protege's sous chef because his window of opportunity is affected by his health. I'm all on board with helping him, it's just a matter of helping him if he asks.

Old Yesterday, 3:50 PM #721
Gargoyle Cat
Original Poster

Alchemist

1 Achievements

To keep the stockpot or nah, that is the question of the day. I can write my name in the dust on the lid of the one I have which was sitting in a cabinet.

I can't remember the last time I used it and we only entertain once a year which is when my parents come up. They have zero interest in eating anything that comes from a stockpot when they do visit. All they want is pizza and Chinese food as they can't find decent places that make either one where they live. Finding places to get take out or otherwise is even harder post Harvey. It has been over 2 years and many of the businesses that were wiped out, never returned.

The stupid HEPA filter for the vacuum cleaner should be here tomorrow. I was going to cancel the order this morning, but since it has already been shipped, I keep it.

Section jump: