Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1428
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 9171 (Who?), Viewed: 525426 times.
Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM #9151
SneakyWingPhoenix
Alchemist

A hack that allows walls/objects be placed next to a Sim.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Old Yesterday, 2:07 PM #9152
Prah
Field Researcher

5 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
A hack that allows walls/objects be placed next to a Sim.

It's called Move_Objects On
Old Yesterday, 2:11 PM #9153
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

26 Achievements

View My Journal

Nothing allows a wall to be drawn next to a sim, move the sim with ^move objects^ then draw the wall.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old Yesterday, 3:10 PM #9154
SneakyWingPhoenix
Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prah
It's called Move_Objects On

It allows to move objects everywhere which isn't precise what I'm asking. And moveobjects doesn't allow to draw a wall.

Old Yesterday, 7:40 PM #9155
maxon
The Great AntiJen

26 Achievements

snapobjectstogrid (set to off - false, it's a boolprop cheat) allows you to place objects anywhere. Along with moveobjects on.

tflc is my tumblr with uploads not uploaded here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tflc

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Old Yesterday, 11:57 PM #9156
JDacapo
Alchemist

I see. Well, possibly instead of using townie DNA, we could use a set of sim templates used in CAS. There's a group of Saved Sims I think, and what if we could use their DNA to combine at random and create adoptable children or doorstep babies? Or even just clones or in-vitros from the Science Station? It would be a fun mod that would work in certain themed neighbourhoods. With the genetic combination Science Station, you can have a man married to an elder woman create a baby with both their DNA.

Part of the point of these mod ideas is the aesthetic and how well it fits in with the general motif of the neighbourhood. I mean, sure, you can do the debug: abduct interaction in debug mode, but the green "Get Abducted" telescope is also useful depending on the type of neighbourhood and the individual simmer's personal tastes.
Old Today, 6:04 AM #9157
kestrellyn
Instructor

7 Achievements

I may just make this myself, but I wish when you clicked on Ask...On date it would display "Ask...On first date" if this sim hasn't already been on a date with them yet. Just a little something for those pleasure sims with wants to have a million first dates.
Old Today, 8:02 AM #9158
Bubblebeam
Scholar

12 Achievements

A Google hack to filter Second Life results from Sims 2 results.

Moved to Tumblr.
Old Today, 8:27 AM #9159
Orphalesion
Inventor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
I see. Well, possibly instead of using townie DNA, we could use a set of sim templates used in CAS. There's a group of Saved Sims I think, and what if we could use their DNA to combine at random and create adoptable children or doorstep babies? Or even just clones or in-vitros from the Science Station? It would be a fun mod that would work in certain themed neighbourhoods. With the genetic combination Science Station, you can have a man married to an elder woman create a baby with both their DNA.

Part of the point of these mod ideas is the aesthetic and how well it fits in with the general motif of the neighbourhood. I mean, sure, you can do the debug: abduct interaction in debug mode, but the green "Get Abducted" telescope is also useful depending on the type of neighbourhood and the individual simmer's personal tastes.

Could also be a way for same sex Sim couples to have biological children with both their DNA

Old Today, 9:39 AM #9160
simsample
Tuesday is Soylent Green day!

19 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblebeam
A Google hack to filter Second Life results from Sims 2 results.

-"second life"
Old Today, 12:03 PM #9161
SneakyWingPhoenix
Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
-"second life"

Yeah I heard of such thing. Type in "[your thing your searching for ] -"second life" " that ought to filter it out

Old Today, 12:14 PM #9162
Artimis
Top Secret Researcher

2 Achievements

Something that allows you to chose what townies can have amongst the cc you have in game and can only be generated with selected cc or maxis

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Old Today, 4:22 PM #9163
Charity
Mad Poster

13 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Yeah I heard of such thing. Type in "[your thing your searching for ] -"second life" " that ought to filter it out

My favourites are -3 -4 and -pinterest. XD
Old Today, 4:58 PM #9164
grinevilly
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
My favourites are -3 -4 and -pinterest. XD

OMG, does that work for ALL browsers, or just Google? I would LOOOOOOVE to get rid of all the TS3/4 results AND the Pinterest bullshit! "Here's what you're looking for..." *click* "....Here's thousands of pictures of crap on Pinterest, and what you were searching for is somewhere amongst them... but as you scroll down, a screen will scroll up, preventing you from seeing anything!" Yay Pinterest. jackasses.

Anyway, a hack and/or cc that I'd like to see in the game, for University, would be a way to create shared dorm rooms. Most any college I've ever seen, with on-campus housing, has options for a single, a double, and sometimes triple occupancy. The more people you crammed into one room, the less it cost.

Now, clearly with the TS2 University mechanics, it wouldn't have any impact on the cost. But it's more traditional to have to share a room with a college roommate, than not.

Also, my school had suites, where there would be a common space, a bathroom, and then 2 or 3 bedrooms. Two rooms were always double-occupancy, and the ones that had a third room, that would be a single. I suppose for this to work, the double-occupancy doors would have to be reservable by 2 sims., the single would function the same, and then you'd need an outer door that would permit (for lack of a better term) the "household"... household being suite residents. My preference would be that they could have any combination of playables and non-playables. Maybe you want to play roommates. Maybe you want your roommate to have a non-playable roommate, but another playable in another dorm room that shares the suite? Whatever you like.

That would be more authentic to my college experience. Between price and availability, it was rare anyone EVER got out of having a roommate. So i think that'd be cool. I wonder if that could be accomplished, at least in part, by putting two dorm doors on the same bedroom... or if, once you claimed a door, it'd claim all entrances. Hmmm...

-gE
>=)
Old Today, 5:22 PM #9165
SneakyWingPhoenix
Alchemist

Indeed would be useful. I got stuck with the last late eight Sim sleeping on couch because the remaining npc wouldn't leave her dorm as she promised. <_<

Old Today, 6:08 PM #9166
maxon
The Great AntiJen

26 Achievements

That's just standard Boolean searching - I should think it does work for all search engines (including all the academic ones I use on a daily basis (sigh)). I hate pinterest too.

-pinterest -pinterest -pinterest ugh

Do bear in mind though that putting -3 into a search engine will also exclude anything like '3 dresses for TS2'

tflc is my tumblr with uploads not uploaded here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tflc

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Old Today, 6:27 PM #9167
Phantomknight
Forum Resident

1 Achievements

I understand about hating pinterest, having resisted for a long time, but it's easier to just join. You'll finally find what you're looking for, some other things that you weren't and even a new creator or two. There's a lot of simblrs out there, after all. Plus, because of pinterest photos of downloads were saved after photo bucket went all evil empire. Not to mention that pictures are saved even when creators up and delete their entire blog or tumblr (and from there you can do more research and recover a file or two).

I'm definitely not social media savvy (I often feel like the odd millennial out there), but I'd actually recommend pinterest. It's super easy to use and even if you don't actually save pins and create boards yourself, it helps for searching.

As for the roommate thing, eh. Having had roommates in college myself, some definitely better than others, my sims can live without that headache. Otherwise I just send them off to a greek house where they can join the mania there.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Old Today, 8:28 PM #9168
cakeninja
Lab Assistant

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinevilly
Anyway, a hack and/or cc that I'd like to see in the game, for University, would be a way to create shared dorm rooms. Most any college I've ever seen, with on-campus housing, has options for a single, a double, and sometimes triple occupancy... it's more traditional to have to share a room with a college roommate, than not.

Is this a US thing (and/or otherwise regional in some way)? Here in the UK, living in college-owned accommodation throughout my degree, almost all the available rooms were singles - with the rare exceptions being the doubles intended for married postgrad students.
Old Today, 9:34 PM #9169
omglo
Top Secret Researcher

4 Achievements

Yes, it's a US thing. Sharing a room with a dorm room is very common, especially in the first year.
Old Today, 11:11 PM #9170
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

26 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
Yes, it's a US thing. Sharing a room with a dorm room is very common, especially in the first year.

What does that mean?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old Today, 11:44 PM #9171
kestrellyn
Instructor

7 Achievements

Sharing a room? It means you have a roommate.
Old Today, 11:45 PM #9172
Charmful
Link Ninja

14 Achievements

View My Journal

It means two people, usually in the United States universities, share a dorm room. Personally, my freshman year at a state university I had a loft bed and so did my room mate. The rooms look something like these:

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Section jump: