Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1581
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 910 (Who?), Viewed: 81001 times.
Search this Thread
Old 12th Jul 2018, 11:43 PM #901
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Yesterday, I bred a male Eevee with a Ditto and got two eggs. So I tooled around the Alola region until they hatched and I ended up with two male Eevees. I leveled them up and then evolved them each with a fire Stone and a thunder stone. Eventually, the father evolved into an Espeon.

I gotta take these moments and small victories as they come. I have a schedule of 3 6-hour days for 8 weeks plus one day to finish and my performance review in my future.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Old 13th Jul 2018, 11:34 AM #902
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

My participants are all scheduled for the morning. Provided I can run from uni to the trainstation in under 10 mins and run for a bit on my way home... I should have time to play Sims today before I have to continue writing my dissertation.

Also it's tacos for dinner tonight. Yay!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old 13th Jul 2018, 12:00 PM
RicoSuavecito
This message has been deleted by RicoSuavecito. Reason: mistake
Old 13th Jul 2018, 12:23 PM #903
RicoSuavecito
Field Researcher

1 Achievements

Well I got my pre-license certificate for work.

- Sent from my iHell
Old 13th Jul 2018, 9:55 PM #904
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Relaxing on this oddly unconventional Friday the 13th.

Just thinking about my huge life simulation project. I think what will set it apart is how much content we offer in base game and add-ons, the way you can customize your Beings is interesting like eye shape style (like for example like Ken Sugimori from Pokémon in the early days and Naoko Takeuchi from Sailor Moon) and even bonus freebies depending where it's bought.

If I were to take cues from EA...In The Sims 1, it evokes great ideas we wish made the jump to the 3D like the sky diving tube or the personal scuba tank from the Superstar pack. The Sims 2 made this whole 3D environment more to access and play through and various things returned, but some of them didn't. Then The Sims 3 led to wild adventures around town and to parts unknown. Either way, with the Sims 4, it has its uniquities. But in hindsight, it leads to this debate between the games about the graphics being too cartoony or crossing into the uncanny valley territory.

The above is something I will take into account as I take notes. And somehow in the first couple of weeks, I cracked the shield on my glass protector on my phone. It's a small chip, but I will take note.

Personally, I rather develop video games. When someone heard me said that, I was incensed by them thinking I wanted to test video games. I clarified begrudgingly because I am tired of being grouped with entitled Millennials. I went to junior high school with the entitled of my generation.

They probably would receive some excessive gift for graduation. I usually got some spending cash. It wasn't much. It was barely $50 that was spent on a Dancemania CD.

High school was fine from student perspective. Right now, my friends are getting married, having children or racking up accolades in their career

Me? I'm single, not sure if I will have children and I can't start work until they get my medicine.

If I could, I would stuff myself into a priority mail shipping box (If it fits, it ships), addressed to Kyoto, Japan to Eiji Aonuma's office space. Upon opening the box, I would shout "HI REGGIE!" and never look back (The joke was from the Nintendo Switch Keynote). Trust me on this when I say I am doomed to mundane obscurity.

Oh, wait...KB Toys are going to rise from the ashes? Thank you, gods and goddesses!

I think too much.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 14th Jul 2018 at 9:52 AM.
Old 15th Jul 2018, 5:31 PM #905
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Apart from the thunderstorms this morning, one of which had a crack that sounded like a bad accident on Route 31. Think Mini Cooper sandwiched between big rigs (Route 31 is also known as Killer 31, due to driving-while-distracted deaths ranking high in the statistics of those killed on this mainly trucking route). We had waffles and there is plans to shop around at Walmart and eat ice cream on National Ice Cream Day. These two things are seemingly the few things my mother and I are able to agree to.

Although the storm this morning is done, more storm is coming today later this afternoon.

Old 16th Jul 2018, 1:40 AM #906
haywud
Top Secret Researcher

i decided to start Skyrim again since i have the PS4 version now, and it didn't take long before i was reminded that yes this is a Bethesda game. so during the sequence when you get to Helgen and get off the wagon to create your character, i noticed that the npc that talks to you was glitching and moving around awkwardly. even though i've probably played this game 5 or 6 times now i failed to notice there was a horse standing next to him that shouldn't be there, and it was blocking where the guy was supposed to be standing so it made the guy glitch while trying to move where he is supposed to be. then while in the character creation there were some options where i could see the horse's head sticking into the scene. after escaping Helgen i tried doing something i've never done before, and immediately go back after getting through the caves. i ran into a couple of npcs that were leaving out of the north gate, and for some reason one of them was walking backwards.

i thought those were kind of funny, then again now i can't help but wonder just how many problematic glitches i will run into.

turns out both characters leaving Helgen were supposed to have died there, weird.
Old 16th Jul 2018, 9:15 PM #907
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Watched Mottainai! (A Japanese documentary about the Japanese food waste issue. Annually, ¥120 billion in food is wasted, much of which is still viable and edible, but in the chain of command, 45% of food waste is wasted by households and restaurant consumers)

Had a chance to talk to my dad and yesterday, I bought new shoes for my orthotics. The shoes I buy are tied and hung on special hangers.

As an American, the funny thing about WalMart is no matter how much you ride them about their policies, you end up going there because they usually are the only game in town. My mother doesn't believe that WalMart pays sub-minimum wage and yet she understands that my training pays sub-minimum because funding doesn't come easy for services to the disabled.

Still, I feel better now that I got to play with my The Sims 4 Sims. I racked up a total of 78 hours of playtime. Finland wrote a children's book and Denmark and Norway are getting chummy. At least I brought them back from the festival.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 18th Jul 2018 at 3:24 PM.
Old 17th Jul 2018, 3:36 AM #908
JDacapo
Theorist

This cute cockatiel video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUzBqvm7KGs
Old 17th Jul 2018, 8:53 PM #909
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

I got to hold a 10 week chihuahua today

Old 18th Jul 2018, 8:26 AM #910
simkaiga
Test Subject

my doggo came back home <3
Old 18th Jul 2018, 10:29 PM #911
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

I had to pop into work for a minute, so my Mother-in-Law and Nephew drove me there. But then my Nephew needed the toilet. So I took him into work with me. I showed him to all my friends and one of the nurses commented on how I "suit having a baby". He was chatting away and telling everyone that he's 3 and he starts big boy school in September and he was just so adorable. Broody is an understatement

Section jump: