Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 8:56 AM
An extensive discussion has been going on for a while at S2C about this; read this thread at our sister forum; if you have questions about this subject, that thread is the best place where to ask.

I will just remind here briefly that all the normal Sim2 custom content compatible with the base game is also technically compatible with Life Stories, but you should choose wisely what to install. Read that thread for more info.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 11:13 PM Last edited by flame : 21st Sep 2007 at 12:22 PM.
which mods can be use to get rid of the nasty blur and what skins can be used safely any links i be very happy and be waiting to c what other mods can be used safely gl to u ppl on finding that out ty
Test Subject
#78 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 3:31 AM
hey im having a problem with my sims pet stories and simpe, it keeps telling me to specify the correct savegame file in the options dialog.
please help me fix this problem
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#79 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 9:19 AM
I can't find any place in SimPE options where to specify the savegame file for Pets Stories; in the options there is only a field (in Preferences -> System Folders) where you can specify the game installation folder for Pets Stories; and anyway it should be an automatic field.

Am I understanding wrong? Exactly, what message do you get, and what are you doing when you get that message? Are you cloning or recolouring an object? Are you opening a Pet Stories neighborhood?

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Sockpuppet
#80 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 11:41 AM Last edited by Kabuto : 4th Feb 2008 at 10:57 AM.
About Castaway Stories, neighborhood isn't compatible anymore with TS2, lots haven't road connector and the maximum size is 8x8, the seasons sub-neighborhood is an EP7 FreeTime version !

I tried to use the Castaway neighborhood N002, but it stop the game while loading !

So I use an empty neighborhood (no sims/NPC/townies) where I replaced the NHTG, NHTR, TATT, LDEF and STR# by the Castaway ones but it shows dirty !
Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#81 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 6:10 PM
Well, I know why the Castaway neighborhood doesn't work with TS2, because it's a medium simcity4, its size is 256x256 instead of 128x128 !
Test Subject
#82 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 11:08 PM
Specific Homecrafter Question
I only have Pet Stories on my laptop, and it seems that Homecrafter won't work unless the original Sims 2 is installed. Is there any way to get around this, or do I need to dig out my original Sims game (God only knows where it is after we moved. grrr) and put it on too? I could probably make walls and floors with something else with no problem, but Homecrafter lets you see what the pattern looks like in a house before you put it in your game, and that saves alot of time if something looks like crap when it's over the whole floor, KWIM?

Thanks!

AJ
Test Subject
#83 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 7:32 AM
I'm trying to save a character to place them back in the game. (There was a glitch and I messed up trying to fix it with an object so I want to just start over with this guy again). Using the export with Sim Surgery in SimPE (the one updated for CS) I was able to get him out but I'm not sure how to get him back in.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#84 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 2:04 AM
The Export feature ofthe Sim Surgery creates a clone of the selected sim and puts it in the "SavedSims" folder: when you open BodyShop or the CAS, you will see - among the pre-made sims - the extracted sim. You can use it as a base to create a new family (of course, you can assign him the same name, clothings, wants and traits as the original sim, but he will NOT be the same sim!).

Test Subject
#85 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 9:37 PM
Numenor,

I'm basically retarded when it comes to this stuff. I've been using the Clean Installer for flat TS2, but now I've bought LS.

Can I use regular MTS2 stuff? If not, which ones can I use?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#86 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 9:47 AM
Read my post #76 above, and visit the mentioned thread at sims2community.

The golden rule is "Keep it low"
- Keep low the number of installed packages (choose wisely what you really want to install)
- Keep low the complexity of the objects (only choose objects with a low poly count: the creators, here at MTS2, usually post the poly count at the end of their post, read it).

Test Subject
#87 Old 15th May 2008 at 10:13 PM
Here's a question for you... does anyone know how to extract the Sims themselves from in the Life Stories game to get them to run in Sims 2? I've been wanting to do some storytelling but there are aspects that I'd REALLY like to have from the Sims 2 and not just pure LS.

Does anyone know how hard this is, or if it's possible?
Test Subject
#88 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Well, it seems that the new stand-alone game "Sims Life Stories" - that was supposed to be un-moddable, and could not accept custom content (except the one purposely released by Maxis) - IS definitely moddable

I could only examine the new game for a couple of hours, and I have some brief info that might interest modders and players.

The folder structure is quite similar to the known EP; the game installs itself, by default, in [program files]\Electronic Arts\The Sims Life Stories; therefore, its installation won't interfere with the normal game (which is installed in [program files]\EA Games).
All the game files are located in the TSData folder (note: the scenegraphic packages are located in "3D", not "Sims3D" like the base game).
The Savegame folder is located in [Documents]\Electronic Arts\The Sims Life Stories, so not to overwrite the normal savegame folder ([Documents]\EA Games).

The Registry keys set up by the game are also very similar to the ones already used by the Sims2 game, as for its content; but there are differences in the location within the registry:
  • HKLM/SOFTWARE/Electronic Arts/The Sims Life Stories (main key)
  • HKLM/SOFTWARE/Electronic Arts/Electronic Arts/The Sims Life Stories (secondary key)
As you can see, both keys are located in the same registry section, while in the Sims2 game, the two keys are in different sections (EA Games and Electronic Arts).

Custom Content: Life Stories seems to manage quite well the custom content There is no Downloads folder, but it can be easily created by hand; the first time the game detects custom content, the usual annoying window pops up, stating that the custom content is turned off. And we have to turn it on in the usual way. Once done that, the custom content works fine in the game (both in the "Story Mode" and in the "Free Play").

The CEP works perfectly fine in Life Stories Of course, it must be installed manually, because the installation path are different then the normal Sims2 game, but it's easy to do. Even SimPE, if properly configured to read the new folders, can easily list the objects from Life Stories in Object Workshop, clone them and create recolour packages.

A little (and late) gift for the BHAV modders: the "Behaviour" text lists are back The are similar to the old ones, but I could spot some differences, related to the new play style. Also, in the Res\Objects folder there is a package containing an excerpt from the PetsGlobals; the good news is that there are some useful TPRP and TRCN that will help us understanding the related BHAVs.

The TTAB files are built in various versions, up to 0x50; I couldn't see any TTAB in version 0x54 (after all, there a re no pets )
The OBJD don't seem to have any unusual value; the objects in the game come from various EPs (there are also some new), and they all have the "Version_1" set to 0x8c (EP required), but the field 0x40, i.e. the game version required to use that object, set to 0x0001 (Base game).
The BHAV formats range from the old 0x8003 to the new 0x8009; as far as I can see, there's nothing new under the sun in this department, either

NOTE: as said, these are just some brief facts that I'm reporting after only a couple of hours of game play (well, not actually play, but it was amusing nevertheless ). I just wanted to share the news that the Sims Life Stories can be modded, and custom content can be shared fairly easily between it and our "old" game

may i used this for the sims pet stories?
please answer
thanks
Test Subject
#89 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
As for the blur removal, the old Nightlife version created by Quaxi and posted on SexySims2 works fine with LS.
Merola's painting I guess conflicts with the scripting new system: the game, in story mode, needs to direct the sims to perform specific actions; I think that they changed something relevant in the way the sims are managed, and therefor all the sims-oriented hacks might give problems.

I've personally tested the SmarterLights hack, and it does NOT work...

So The Nightlife Blur Removal works for LS.If so can you tell me where to put it?
And gald to be around theses forums
Test Subject
#90 Old 6th May 2010 at 1:07 AM
Default yes, im one of those....
id like to appologize in advance - im one of those.. im newww to this site and new to TRYING to add custom content to Sims Life Stories. HELP ME PLEASE!!! ive found some hair id like to add - but i seriously dont know what the hell im doing! lol

any help is greatly appreciated - try to dumb it down for me too.. remember im new
Test Subject
#91 Old 29th May 2010 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by diamok
I realize it's a bit early to be thinking about this, but. Has anyone looked into editing/modifying the actual "Stories", where in we would be able to create our own and in turn offer them to the community for their playing pleasure?

Take care,

Quote: Originally posted by maxpax318
Will we be able to play around with the scripts and create our own stories or not??

I apologise for dragging this thread up but I didn't want to create a new thread for the sole purpose of asking my question. These two questions above are basically what I want to ask, but nobody ever answered their questions!

Is it possible to edit the scripts that come with Life Stories, Pet Stories and Castaway Stories, in order to create our own stories? If it is possible, it could be great - people could create plots with goals and missions and share them with others, providing a more structured form of challenges and the like.
Site Helper
#92 Old 29th May 2010 at 5:56 PM
If no one has answered, then I'm guessing that no one has figured out how to do it yet. Feel free to figure it out for us.
Test Subject
#93 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 12:57 AM
Is it possible to import my characters from Pet Stories and Life Stories into my Sims2 game?
Site Helper
#94 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 6:26 AM
Look through this thread. There are instructions on moving things like your sims and lots over from Life Stories to TS2:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,7267.0.html
Test Subject
#95 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 7:19 AM
Thanks, I'll have to try it out.
Test Subject
#96 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 8:35 PM
Default CEP installed manually whats the new path to follow
Hello numenor i just got sims life strorie and its been 3 weeks now that i am trying to install our program CEP i found that the folder are not the same then i found this article could you explain me how to install it manually pleasseeee i am deseparate.
my email is [email protected] if it help you on answering me.

thanks so much anyway your doind a fantastic job here :-)
Site Helper
#97 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 10:39 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 14th Jul 2012 at 1:28 AM.
Numenor has been inactive for a long time (last post 21st Mar 2010, 02:11 AM). I doubt that he'll answer. As suggested in the first post, try the manual install (MAC).
Test Subject
#98 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 2:10 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if LS could have 6x6 lots?

The game comes loaded with only small and medium lots. But I was able to download a cc 5x5 lot. Successfully. When I tried adding a 6x6 though, it seems it got automatically changed to a 5x5. Does that happen or did I do something wrong.

Thanks for your help.
Page 4 of 4