Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 8:27 PM Last edited by roddyaleixo : 10th Sep 2005 at 9:15 PM.
Yes, i got nightlife yesterday And have been playing with it for a while now... however something got me quite sad:

Bairy said:
"That basically means that yes, you will be able to keep your downloads folder as-is, however your custom objects/hacks won't show up/work until you re-enable them. After that, they may or may not work - that we won't know until we try.
If they don't work, you can re-disable them from within the game, or you can use Clean Installer or similar to try and track down the problematic ones."

I reenabled my custom contents, and NO one shows up except for recolors.. i have no idea why... No meshes, not a thing... Oh hair meshes and bodyshop, together with homecrafter stuff Do show up... But no objects appear for me I can't wait so that you americans get them, to help me figure this thingy out... No matter what i do i cant get custom objects show up on my game.. this is upsetting... BUT otherwise the game is GREAT and has been catching all my attention all the time Its very nice.

======UPDATE

Just after i posted it i decided to give one more try and re-enable my objects again LOL :P
So...
.. i MUST confess.. I am trully dumb... The answer to my question was right on my face and because of all my excitement i've let it pass... DONT WORRY, your stuff will be on your game just fine... all you have to do is after you enable them to show up SAVE your game first, then you RESTART the game... things should be fine now... i am now SO happy because i didnt have custom content since yesterday LOL and now i got them back :P
I will get to see what appears and what doesnt... Sorry for the mistake!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 8:57 PM
YAY....now were gonna go crazy again for the next ep we get hyped so fast
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 9:19 PM
one word for me - CARS!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 9:30 PM
now im not getting to exited about the new expansion pack YET, firstly because when i got university i didnt think it was up to much, so that let me down. I am looking forward to it tho as it was my favoroit expansion pack for sims 1 (House Party) but this is abit more advanced. still i will go out and buy it as its only £15, im just hoping this one wont let me down.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 9:36 PM
Unless the next EP proves to be better than it sounds or have really good objects, I am not interested in it all.

I do believe Maxis at one time planned for pets (like they did for weather) because if you tamper with the wardrobe closet of where you tell what is allowed to use the object and so on, you see "Cats" and "Dogs" lol why they are there, I don't know.. maybe its a global sort of thing, I don't know. Maybe you could of put clothes on your pets? O.o;; -shrugs- It would be interesting if they did actually finally pull the pets into this game.. as in breeding the pets for your buisness... or maybe even training them. Because remember, its not suppose to be an EP itself, like 'unleashed' I think we've heard it as they'll be added into another EP. So maybe this'll be it, or maybe like the weather, it'll be ditched because its too hard to create. I hope not. At any rate.... I give this new "Buisness" ep a thumbs down until more info comes out.

If you always expected the unexpected wouldn't the unexpected be expected?
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 9:42 PM Last edited by Ashkihyena : 10th Sep 2005 at 9:45 PM. Reason: Saw that custom items work.
Yeah, I'm not entirely to big on the business expansion as well, especally cause of the custom jobs that I'm capable of downloading here. So yeah, like Autumn, its going to have to be really, really good, or have really good objects, or it might be my first expansion that I skip out on.

Edit: Oy, and I see that the custom items work, thats good, most defently.
Test Subject
#32 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 9:48 PM
i probaly wont end up getting it tell thursday as i live in a small collage town and the only store that sells games for PC is wal-mart and they dont get it for 2 extra days.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 10:05 PM
Thanks for the info Delphy! That is so AWESOME about the custom content. That was my major worry this time ... even though I didn't have a problem for Uni. I found your site AFTER Uni came out ... so ... hehe ... I've been downloading LOTS of stuff from MTS2. *LOL* I'm so excited!!!

Instructor
#34 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 10:06 PM Last edited by sayyadina : 10th Sep 2005 at 10:20 PM.
wow, I knew it! I already have (thanks to the "shop at home" hack) some sims running stores at the bottomfloor of their homes. But this will be better, Im sure!
Field Researcher
#35 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cereja-chan
*drools like a maniac*
g-g-g-g-g-g-got it! got it!

I GOT IT!

You must tell us how everything installs! Do you have lots of custom content???

Tell all when you're ready!! :argh:

To Sim is the GREATEST adventure...
Test Subject
#36 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 11:04 PM Last edited by QSim2 : 10th Sep 2005 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Mispelling in one word
Default Nightlife
Sims IN Business..oooh great..I can't wait for that one..better start saving all of those Entrepreneur magazines for good ideas Until then I look forward to Nightlife
Test Subject
#37 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 11:11 PM
LOl I wonder what the new EP will be like? I also wonder what kida of buisnesses you can run! I hope they interest me. I have to wait forever for NL i have no idea when it is coming out I think on the 21 not sure tho. I cant wait any longer grrrr I pre-ordered already!
Test Subject
#38 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 11:14 PM
hello i'm living in switzerland and i buy nightlife this day, but this expention is NOT COMPATIBLE with news mechs and news downloading!!!!!!
it's a very great deception for me!
Field Researcher
#39 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CPHLUG
hello i'm living in switzerland and i buy nightlife this day, but this expention is NOT COMPATIBLE with news mechs and news downloading!!!!!!
it's a very great deception for me!

Read post 27 by Roddyaleixo under update, it might help you.
Test Subject
#40 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 11:28 PM Last edited by Synistar : 13th Sep 2005 at 7:07 AM.
Due to come to New Zealand on 15 Spetember. 4 days. Finally. Should be good. Am looking forward to it. Finally get cars now! Its such a pity the BA Falcon Turbo wont be ready.
Test Subject
#41 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 11:36 PM
If you pre-ordered it, when does it come? I feel like going to the store and buying it when it comes out but then i'll have two copies. Does anyone know? Please... please...
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 11:38 PM
When I pre-ordered Sims U, through EB I got it on the release date in my mailbox.

If you always expected the unexpected wouldn't the unexpected be expected?
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 11:51 PM
I MUST GET IT, when does it come out in Ireland
Forum Resident
#44 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 11:57 PM
Thanks a bunch for the info Delphy.
Test Subject
#45 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 12:01 AM
When I pre-ordered University through Gamestop.com, it arrived on the release date - as in it arrived the day I expected it to be shipped, so I was very pleasantly surprised. That was using overnight shipping though (yay for coupon codes). I'm expecting/hoping it will be the same this time, as I ordered Nightlife from them as well.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 12:08 AM Last edited by KHFF2 : 11th Sep 2005 at 12:14 AM. Reason: I think I will buy Sims in Business...
Thanks for the info! I've got Nightlife reserved at Gamestop and it should be here by September 15. I can't wait! But, bad news, no pets! But! More simoleans for my Sims. Anyone know a release date? Most likely March '06 like Uni. Maxis usually releases the EP's 6 month's apart. Hopefully we'll get some pets, soon. Thanks again!
Field Researcher
#47 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 12:12 AM
The business ep sounds cool. I don't know why everyone is so hard up for a pets EP. Go do some volunteer work in a shelter if you like dogs and cats do much.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 12:15 AM
Well, themaltesebippy, I think Unleashed was the best EP for TS1, and most people on MTS2, from what I recall, have pets. A Pet EP would make the Maxis and EA Market go up, in my opinion.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 12:33 AM
nevermind, the day the Tokyo Game Show starts (and where Metal Gear Solid 4 will be unveiled in PS3 graphics) AND, it's the day I get Nightlife

WOOT
Test Subject
#50 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 12:35 AM
Hi. Nightlife is going to rock!!! Delphy how did you find this out? Any way we need pets!!!!
Locked thread | Locked by: daysies Reason: no need to discuss further; help issues go [url=http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31]here[/url]
Page 2 of 30