Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 9:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default are custom foods dangerous?
Is it true that after you install a custom food you can never delete the package or it will bork your game? thanks.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 11:14 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 7th Sep 2018 at 11:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by cows
Is it true that after you install a custom food you can never delete the package or it will bork your game? thanks.

Partial truth, you get a blank plate in place of the missing food listing of leftovers in the Refrigerator and some of your sims might be missing their favourite food, the latter issue is fixable using the Bat Box and the former by deleting each plate in leftovers one at a time.

This is true as far as I know and it is based on what I have read about the issue from other sources that I forget the details about.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 11:25 PM
It can bork memories as well, you know how sims get want to 'learn how to make X' and 'Eat X' so it depends if you have had the food awhile or if it's brand new and just one sim tried it. If one sim tried it and you are like 'that looks terrible/didn't work' its easy enough to remove the food and fix that sims/families memories if they have any. They won't get memories or favourite food from plates of edible food that you buy though, for example, Exnems fruit basket. So you need to know what you are doing if you delete a food, but if it's been there longer then a playthrough I probably wouldn't.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It can bork memories as well, you know how sims get want to 'learn how to make X' and 'Eat X' so it depends if you have had the food awhile or if it's brand new and just one sim tried it. If one sim tried it and you are like 'that looks terrible/didn't work' its easy enough to remove the food and fix that sims/families memories if they have any. They won't get memories or favourite food from plates of edible food that you buy though, for example, Exnems fruit basket. So you need to know what you are doing if you delete a food, but if it's been there longer then a playthrough I probably wouldn't.

I didn't consider the memories issue, but for that one can delete memories if you already did it. If not and you have played with the food for awhile then I guess not doing it would be best.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 11:43 PM
It won't necessarily destroy your game, just cause some memories to have blank references ("Learned to make $Subject" "Burned $Subject") and any plates of it will be empty. Directing your sim to remove them from the leftover menu will cause them to take out nothing and the plate will disappear, so just repeat the process for all plates of custom food you've removed. You can use the batbox to remove bad memories and change a sim's favorite food if it happened to be assigned as one of the custom foods you had. No actual game-breaking bugs will occur upon removal.
Alchemist
#6 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 7:41 PM
not sure, but another factor might be whether the custom food is a replacement or not.
if a replacement, I imagine every reference of it would change to whatever it replaced; though am not entirely sure.