Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 7:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 UC crashes when taking photos
Hi all,

I've had this problem for the last year or so but lately it's been getting really out of hand. Basically my game is fine 90% except for when I take photos with the "Take My Picture" option or the in game camera. Most of the time it will crash soon after un-pausing taking a photo!
It also crashed last night when my sims where taking a picture in the photobooth which was the last straw for me ignoring the issue.
I noticed that when a playable sims takes a picture it sometimes doesn't crash - its when I ask townies/dormies to take a picture is when it crashes.

Only in the last year or so have I taken a more vetted interest in system specs and the like, I have a strong feeling my graphics card might be the issue as it VERY out of date!
However I just wanted some help clarifying that this is the issue and nothing else, if it is, any recommendations for a graphics card would be much appreciated.
I apologise if I've included the incorrect information for my specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
vProcessor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2012MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1)

Thank you kindly in advance